Author Topic: Top Ten Ways They Fix the Olympia  (Read 9774 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: Top Ten Ways They Fix the Olympia
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2007, 08:44:14 PM »
In answer to No.2. No conspiracy. I had a 70-200 lens on the camera that was too short and a 300 that was too long. By the time I could find a 1.4 converter in my bag to add to the 70-200 I already shot Dennis and David Henry.

As for 8. all the shots that were taken were put up. No editing. With the recent change to the judging of the first round now being a short routine rather than just the compulsories, some of the guys don't hlt the poses long enough. Some also don't hit all the compulsories - David Henry is an example, he didn't hit a side chest. I'd prefer it if things had been left as they were!

With the norm now being to call out 5 guys in a comparison it's impossible to get a shot of them hitting it at the same time. Again I'd prefer to go back to the days of 3 guys each comparison.

Pay attention kids - this is coming from the "most famous photographer in Russia". (True story)

Those damn photographers are in on the conspiracy!

I blame Horton for cutting his hair off earlier in the year.  ;)
Elevate Your Image.™

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2007, 08:56:50 PM »
Pay attention kids - this is coming from the "most famous photographer in Russia". (True story)

Those damn photographers are in on the conspiracy!

I blame Horton for cutting his hair off earlier in the year.  ;)

Yes, as always it's all my fault.

Did anyone notice that you can now see the individual judges scoring from the show http://www.ifbbpro.com/results/2007-olympia/

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2007, 09:07:09 PM »

Did anyone notice that you can now see the individual judges scoring from the show http://www.ifbbpro.com/results/2007-olympia/
I did notice that and note former Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates' scores.   :-X
Elevate Your Image.™

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2007, 09:18:29 PM »
I did notice that and note former Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates' scores.   :-X

His judging will find approval from Victor's fans but not Wolf's :-)
Can't win them all

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2007, 09:47:19 PM »
Thanks to whomever revived this thread. I appreciate Kevin Horton's intelligent reply and I accept his explanation.

In the original post, I mentioned how (certain) judges use their calculators to figure out exactly how many points someone needs to "win".

I have seen this with my own eyes, most noticeably at the 2003 NOC where I sat in the front row immediately behind the judges and witnessed a senior judge altering the scorecard of a fellow judge to achieve the desired results -- in that case, probably to make sure that a dumpy-looking but connected Titus beat the out-of-favor Kamali.

If you think it doesn't go on, you're a simpleton. The joke is that everyone in the know ALREADY KNOWS THIS. We joke about it. They just don't want to risk their gig. Which I completely understand.

Because the only certain formula in Pro Bodybuilding is: Income/Status>Integrity
That's why Cutler is the 2007 Mr. Olympia...why Bodybuilders endorse Supplements they don't use...and why no one in the Industry will come out and say it.
BigNationRadio.com

Stavios

« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2007, 10:10:12 PM »
you are wrong ED, Madmax said that Jay won easily

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2007, 10:19:58 PM »
you are wrong ED, Madmax said that Jay won easily
I met MadMax, and he seems like a great guy. I have no problem with someone being loyal to their good friend and business partner. Dave does not judge the shows and no blame rests with him. Telling a good friend he deserved to win is no different than telling your girl she DOES NOT LOOK FAT IN THOSE JEANS.
BigNationRadio.com

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2007, 10:24:04 PM »

Note Steve Weinberger's Round 4 (Posedown) Scorecard. He somehow gave Cutler straight ONES on Day One when Cutler looked like utter crap. Then he gives Cutler another undeserving ONE in the posing round. Then, mysteriously, he gives Cutler a THREE (third place) in the Posedown.  Do you think for a single iota of a second that he does that unless he knows that it's already in the bag?

Looking at the IFBB official site Steve gave Jay 1st place in all rounds. Only Yates placed Jay 3rd in the posedown.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2007, 10:35:41 PM »
Looking at the IFBB official site Steve gave Jay 1st place in all rounds. Only Yates placed Jay 3rd in the posedown.
I stand corrected. I'll retract my incorrect statements.
BigNationRadio.com

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2007, 10:40:53 PM »
I met MadMax, and he seems like a great guy. I have no problem with someone being loyal to their good friend and business partner. Dave does not judge the shows and no blame rests with him. Telling a good friend he deserved to win is no different than telling your girl she DOES NOT LOOK FAT IN THOSE JEANS.
Good analogy. I still don't understand why people give Max all the grief - jealousy?

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2007, 10:42:02 PM »
I stand corrected. I'll retract my incorrect statements.
You'll be swimming with the fishes after accusing Steve of judge tampering.
Enjoy your dish...

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2007, 10:44:37 PM »

There will be no swimming involved.  >:(

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2007, 10:50:37 PM »

that isn't a real picture of Cutler from the O this year is it? If so, this year's O is the biggest joke in bodybuilding history. If a fat ass like that can win Mr O, bodybuilding is a total joke

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2007, 03:05:22 PM »
Well, integrity aside, Steve and Bev certainly know how to put a gym together:
www.bevfrancis.com
BigNationRadio.com

The Next BIG Thing!

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Trample the leaves, hurdle the deadfalls.
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2007, 07:49:57 PM »
Well, integrity aside, Steve and Bev certainly know how to put a gym together:
www.bevfrancis.com

Lickety-lick...  ::)

TNBT
Only 25 characters!?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2007, 08:23:32 PM »

Lickety-lick...  ::)

TNBT
lol
Ed, your nose must be quite brown from that last kiss-ass post.
!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2007, 09:03:10 PM »
lol
Ed, your nose must be quite brown from that last kiss-ass post.
Hey, when three goons from Lung Island show up unexpectedly at your door, ya do what u gotta do!
BigNationRadio.com

The Next BIG Thing!

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Trample the leaves, hurdle the deadfalls.
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2007, 09:22:38 PM »
Hey, when three goons from Lung Island show up unexpectedly at your door, ya do what u gotta do!

Yes, you shoot them through the door, then call the police claiming home-defence.

Sorry - defense, forgot where I was!

TNBT
Only 25 characters!?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2007, 11:36:08 PM »
I noticed that my computer is auto-downloading NO BULL RADIO and STEVE WEINBERGER happened to be on tonight.

Here's a memorable quote at 1:35:27: "Jay was not at his best. He wasn't as hard as he should have been. And Jay's body, if it's not right on, he will look a little funky. And honestly, if Jay didn't improve, I'm sure Victor probably would have won. [But] you're not just gonna come in and knock off Mr. Olympia by being just a tad better."

So, he acknowledged Victor was better, but he scored Cutler ahead of him. On Friday. When he just said that Jay was off. Things that make you go Hmmmm....

BigNationRadio.com

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2007, 12:01:26 AM »
I noticed that my computer is auto-downloading NO BULL RADIO and STEVE WEINBERGER happened to be on tonight.

Here's a memorable quote at 1:35:27: "Jay was not at his best. He wasn't as hard as he should have been. And Jay's body, if it's not right on, he will look a little funky. And honestly, if Jay didn't improve, I'm sure Victor probably would have won. [But] you're not just gonna come in and knock off Mr. Olympia by being just a tad better."

So, he acknowledged Victor was better, but he scored Cutler ahead of him. On Friday. When he just said that Jay was off. Things that make you go Hmmmm....

further evidence that pro bb is a total joke

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2007, 06:29:49 AM »

But at least there was an admission from Steve that Victor was better.

This has to provide at least some small measure of vindication for the fans of Victor and more importantly, for fans of the sport, in general. 

Lifter_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2007, 07:38:41 AM »
[But] you're not just gonna come in and knock off Mr. Olympia by being just a tad better."

Doesn't that mean Ronnie won last year?

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2007, 10:45:27 AM »
Cutler did not deserve to be at the top but we all knew that once he was the reigning Mr. O, the same crap as always would continue.

Wolf wasn't at his best but he was still MUCH better than Cutler.

Who's the worst here? Cutler has two diff. size legs, a SUPER wide waist, so-so biceps and so-so conditioning. Wolf's only problem was his calves and a lack of back hardness.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2007, 10:49:45 AM »

Thanks for the link....so how did Jay get better scores than Dexter in the symmetry round?!

Cut260

• Getbig II
  • All I have in this world are my balls and my word
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2007, 10:56:01 AM »
Great post.... Its definitely fixed to a point I dont think anyone can deny that there is so much crap in the judging process that has plagued the legitimacy of competing for decades.  There is some room for people to move but not between who they already know to be in the top spot.  Dexter looked better than he ever had but this is bodybuilding so him against Dennis is a no brainer.  Victor had pretty much everything.  Like my opinion means squat but I would have had it Wolf, Martinez, Jackson, Cutler, Samuel, Anthony, Coleman  but as I said thats just my opinion.  Wolf just impressed the hell out of me.