Author Topic: Why do people care about UFOs?  (Read 6293 times)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: Why do people care about UFOs?
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2015, 01:41:31 AM »
Cigar shaped sighting

My name is Ronan Doherty. I am nearly 16 years of age, and I live in the townland of Galwilly in the district of Glentogher near the town of Carndonagh in the peninsula of Inishowen in County Donegal.

Last night at about 20.45hrs there was a clear sky. I saw an object a few miles away at about aeroplane height, perhaps less, NW from our house. I am used to seeing planes since they cross from Scotland to the States over us.

The first time I saw it was for about a minute or two, it was stationary. Its shape was long and cigar shaped, with two big white lights one at each End. There was a dim red light in the middle and a white light flashing alternatively at four different places around. It made no noise at all.

I went back into the house and out again a minute later. In that time it had moved about 10 miles in a NW direction and was again stationary, but a good deal smaller. It stayed there for 5 minutes. After this time it moved off very quickly, vanishing from sight in about 3 seconds.

About a couple of months ago in roughly the same area but moving in a NE direction, I saw another strange object. It did not look like a plane and was making no noise whatsoever. I saw it for about 10 minutes.

Another strange happening took place at about 6.30am on Christmas morning 1998 while I was jogging in this area. I saw about eight very bright white flashes in the N direction, lighting up the whole sky. I looked and listened for news reports of something happening at that time to explain it, but the only confirmation came from a friend lying awake in his home in Derry and whose window faces N. He too saw very bright flashes at the same time. From my home to his is about 20 miles by road, 13 directly.

The only reason I am contacting you is to pass on this information. I am not claiming it is a UFO; I can't explain what I saw."

Just thought it was interesting...

Interesting. How big would you say the object was? The cigar shaped UFO is one of the most common type of UFO's described by people who claim to have seen one.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2015, 02:51:50 AM »
couldn't say how big it was. Too hard to gauge.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 03:08:22 AM »
whats a blimp and do the zoom off hundreds of miles in 3 seconds?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 04:45:52 AM »
Ufo's only come to the lonely and destitute people, they are the chosen ones that they aliens have most interest in studying.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2015, 06:04:57 AM »
maybe aliens are shy.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2015, 06:38:39 AM »
I don't think it could ever be doubted that if UFOs were confirmed to exist, organised religion would take probably its biggest single hit in patronage, in history.

That in itself makes it unlikely to me that there will be any confirmation during your lifetime.

There's a lot of people really relying on the good book to keep them from going on a rape rampage, after all.

Why would organized religion take a hit...it would prove that there is a "higher power" than us. Of course humans seem to have a "worship complex" and many would then start to worship these brings.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2015, 07:10:01 AM »
Considering they could wipe us out any time they pretty much wanted with some lazer, I bet they just let us live as we're much too insignificant to them.
?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2015, 07:19:36 AM »
what if they wipe out getbig with a lazer

paradoxno1

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2015, 07:22:13 AM »
I saw a UFO yesterday. So I quickly grabbed the worst camera I own to film it with.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 07:24:38 AM »
I saw a UFO yesterday. So I quickly grabbed the worst camera I own to film it with.

I hope you went full zoom with massive camera shake too.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2015, 07:35:17 AM »
Considering they could wipe us out any time they pretty much wanted with some lazer, I bet they just let us live as we're much too insignificant to them.
Let humans wipe themselves out. I bet we are great source of entertainment and study for "whoever".

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2015, 07:40:24 AM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2015, 07:52:41 AM »
Prove em wrong.
The burden of proof isn't on the skeptic, but on those making wild claims. See Russells teapot http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Russell%27s_Teapot

God botherers try this little stunt on also.
V