Author Topic: How much should we really train arms if separately worked out?  (Read 8641 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: How much should we really train arms if separately worked out?
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 07:24:50 PM »
If a muscle doesn't know the difference between free weights and machines, why would anybody need that over engineered piece of shit equipment?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2014, 07:30:43 PM »
9 sets of bi,s n 12 sets of tris, if each set is done with enough intensity thats all a person needs for growth
R

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2014, 07:33:28 PM »
Let us see just one of your original designs of a piece of gym equipment. How can you tell if something is over engineered if you have not seen it working or have used it? Engineers and designers try to solve mechanical problems. Often there are several solutions to problems and the trick is to find the best solution that works. This is true of gym equipment. When you have a problem that no one has solved before it is a difficult process. I well remember having a chat with the head of the Mechanical Engineering faculty at Sydney University. He couldn't solve the mechanical problem of a machine that provides resistance for curling and simultaneously for twisting or supination. I was proud of my solution. I have seen another solution but mine is the most compact. I wasn't interested in making the machine flashy looking and complicated. I did use lots of stainless steel parts because I wanted the device to last a long, long time. There is only one such machine built that I know of.
And there is a reason there is only one machine that you know of. Because no one else gives a shit.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »
If a muscle doesn't know the difference between free weights and machines, why would anybody need that over engineered piece of shit equipment?

Thanks for your positive contribution to bodybuilding. Most bodybuilders are, indeed, intellectually challenged. Hope this helps?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »

the whole of your problem is that you think you are far more intelligent than you really are.

hope this helps.

It is always refreshing to hear the opinion of a true expert!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2014, 08:09:16 PM »
And there is a reason there is only one machine that you know of. Because no one else gives a shit.

Inventors invent and critics criticize. I will use this machine to forge new growth in my biceps. That is what matters to me.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2014, 08:36:57 PM »

Vince Basile
why cant
you visit your
family in Canada

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2014, 09:43:52 PM »

Vince Basile
why cant
you visit your
family in Canada

Spent my money on cameras and lenses instead of airfares. Overdue for a visit since last there 10 years ago.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2014, 10:41:23 PM »
Let us see just one of your original designs of a piece of gym equipment. How can you tell if something is over engineered if you have not seen it working or have used it? Engineers and designers try to solve mechanical problems. Often there are several solutions to problems and the trick is to find the best solution that works. This is true of gym equipment. When you have a problem that no one has solved before it is a difficult process. I well remember having a chat with the head of the Mechanical Engineering faculty at Sydney University. He couldn't solve the mechanical problem of a machine that provides resistance for curling and simultaneously for twisting or supination. I was proud of my solution. I have seen another solution but mine is the most compact. I wasn't interested in making the machine flashy looking and complicated. I did use lots of stainless steel parts because I wanted the device to last a long, long time. There is only one such machine built that I know of.

First of all, that must be one of the most beautiful gym machine ever made with all that stainless steel, wheels and wires. No one can deny that, and it is obvious it hasn't been made by some impulse, but by long and hard planning. What you didn't know is the first rule of the engineering: When you find a way to do it, simplify it to the bone. That is when real engineering starts, and machines are simplified as much it is needed for production. That's why you don't see this kind of machines in any other gym. Think about it? What if you would have ability to simplify the idea for production, and you would have sell thousand of those all over the world? You would be a millionaire, not just some hasbeen with net worth of few dollars  ;D

Secondly, It would be nice to see even something this wannabe designer cockwave has done, not just hear that he is engineering genius in his own mind. Do we ever see that day? Nope. In the internet it is very easy claim to be anything, but proving things is far more difficult, because you can't prove lie to be truth. I mean any one can search net for different kind of drawings and plans, but only some of us, like Vince, can prove it has been done by him.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2014, 01:51:25 AM »
First of all, that must be one of the most beautiful gym machine ever made with all that stainless steel, wheels and wires. No one can deny that, and it is obvious it hasn't been made by some impulse, but by long and hard planning. What you didn't know is the first rule of the engineering: When you find a way to do it, simplify it to the bone. That is when real engineering starts, and machines are simplified as much it is needed for production. That's why you don't see this kind of machines in any other gym. Think about it? What if you would have ability to simplify the idea for production, and you would have sell thousand of those all over the world? You would be a millionaire, not just some hasbeen with net worth of few dollars  ;D

Secondly, It would be nice to see even something this wannabe designer cockwave has done, not just hear that he is engineering genius in his own mind. Do we ever see that day? Nope. In the internet it is very easy claim to be anything, but proving things is far more difficult, because you can't prove lie to be truth. I mean any one can search net for different kind of drawings and plans, but only some of us, like Vince, can prove it has been done by him.

I got the idea of a biceps-supinator from Arthur Jones and his articles. He wrote that the biceps had two main functions but biceps machines had resistance for only the curling action. There was no resistance for the twisting movement.

If you want to do both at the same time it is possible with dumbbells with long hand grips. Merely hold the dumbbell close to one side and slowly twist it while curling it upward. Complete the outward twisting movement before the dumbbell is parallel with the floor.

You will get a good pump if you do them this way. Keep the insides of the dumbbells and little fingers higher than the thumbs all the way through the curl. At the top of the curl lift your elbows a bit and that is the third function of the biceps. Slowly lower to

the start and rotate inward until the hands are facing each other at the bottom of the movement.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2014, 02:10:10 AM »

Vince Basile
why cant
you visit your
family in Canada

he cant enter Canada

he is a pedo
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2014, 04:28:21 AM »
he cant enter Canada

he is a pedo

Would you care to illuminate us about what exactly you are referring to?

Whatever is a "pedo"? Is that Getbig jargon for something? ???

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2014, 04:39:23 AM »
I got the idea of a biceps-supinator from Arthur Jones and his articles. He wrote that the biceps had two main functions but biceps machines had resistance for only the curling action. There was no resistance for the twisting movement.

If you want to do both at the same time it is possible with dumbbells with long hand grips. Merely hold the dumbbell close to one side and slowly twist it while curling it upward. Complete the outward twisting movement before the dumbbell is parallel with the floor.

You will get a good pump if you do them this way. Keep the insides of the dumbbells and little fingers higher than the thumbs all the way through the curl. At the top of the curl lift your elbows a bit and that is the third function of the biceps. Slowly lower to

the start and rotate inward until the hands are facing each other at the bottom of the movement.

wow ROCKET SCIENCE VINCE RoCKEt SCIeNCE!!!!
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2014, 04:42:07 AM »
vince basically took the barbell curl then added a 25 speed bicycle gear transmission to it and thinks its brilliant
A

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2014, 04:47:39 AM »
the news is that in fact the bicep does not supinate. The forearm and wrist does therefore the apparatus strikes me as unnecessarily gigantic.

Perhaps for version 2.0 the mechanism should be limited to the grips?  

hmmm riddle me this.  
"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2014, 07:37:11 AM »
Inventors invent and critics criticize. I will use this machine to forge new growth in my biceps. That is what matters to me.
No you won't.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2014, 07:41:48 AM »
vince basically took the barbell curl then added a 25 speed bicycle gear transmission to it and thinks its brilliant

No, I conceived of an idea then found a solution and finally built the machine. The interesting thing is it is quite easy to make machines that do all kinds of movements but

with a piece of gym equipment you have to operate the device. This required that the mechanism be adjacent to the arms and it was not obvious what the solution was. There are

two solutions but I built the most compact version.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2014, 09:21:21 AM »

Pffft, I'm no engineer, no have I ever claimed to be. I literally said the same thing you did, you just said it in a much nicer way. I said I work in MACHINE TOOL DESIGN with the engineers, specifically R&D, meaning the engineers bring me their machines, I'm responsible for fleshing out their problems, finding ways to make them easier for customers to use, and make sure they work as advertised.

Unlike Basile, I am no legend in my own mind, nor do I try and convince others how awesome my shit is when no one wants the damn thing. But I know overengineering when I see it, as do you, since you literally pointed out the exact same fucking things I did.

Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2014, 09:42:05 AM »
No you won't.
Don't you remember his experiment bro? He added huge mass to those sick guns.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2014, 11:12:13 AM »
Pffft, I'm no engineer, no have I ever claimed to be. I literally said the same thing you did, you just said it in a much nicer way. I said I work in MACHINE TOOL DESIGN with the engineers, specifically R&D, meaning the engineers bring me their machines, I'm responsible for fleshing out their problems, finding ways to make them easier for customers to use, and make sure they work as advertised.

Unlike Basile, I am no legend in my own mind, nor do I try and convince others how awesome my shit is when no one wants the damn thing. But I know overengineering when I see it, as do you, since you literally pointed out the exact same fucking things I did.

Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

So I should understand this sentence: "I work in machine tool design and manufacturing. I deal with fairly complicated designs on a daily basis. The one thing ill tell you that every good engineer knows, its not how slick, or cool, or how much you can add that makes a great design" to mean " I'm no engineer, no have I ever claimed to be." ?

I gladly admit that I have some reading comprehension difficulties, because you guys write like little children's, and English isn't my native language. But what about Vince, he did same mistake, and this is his native language. We didn't realize that you are just an assistant, and I bet we are both sorry about this mistake..

;D ::) ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2014, 11:14:37 AM »
So I should understand this sentence: "I work in machine tool design and manufacturing. I deal with fairly complicated designs on a daily basis. The one thing ill tell you that every good engineer knows, its not how slick, or cool, or how much you can add that makes a great design" to mean " I'm no engineer, no have I ever claimed to be." ?

I gladly admit that I have some reading comprehension difficulties, because you guys write like little children's, and English isn't my native language. But what about Vince, he did same mistake, and this is his native language. We didn't realize that you are just an assistant, and I bet we are both sorry about this mistake..

;D ::) ;D
Exactly, working in machine tool design and manufacturing =/= claiming to be an engineer. It means I work in machine tool design and manufacturing, and that every good engineer I've ever worked with has always said the same thing
its not how slick, or cool, or how much you can add that makes a great design

I'll agree that I didn't exactly specify what I did, and that english isn't your native language, but generally just because someone is associated with design/mfg doesn't make them an engineer.

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
  • instagram @jamesjenkinsfitness
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »
100 reps for biceps and 100 for triceps if done in a separate workout for arms?

and how many for each side of forearms?

My friend the best thing to do if you're a beginner is to get basic books on physiology,  and nutrition. And then educate yourself. Learn muscle fiber difference,  and selection. Training how's and whys. This is the best way, because then you'll gain priceless knowledge,  save years of trial and error. Asking on a board, isn't your best option.  As you can see from the responses .
i

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2014, 04:09:05 PM »
No, I conceived of an idea then found a solution and finally built the machine. The interesting thing is it is quite easy to make machines that do all kinds of movements but

with a piece of gym equipment you have to operate the device. This required that the mechanism be adjacent to the arms and it was not obvious what the solution was. There are

two solutions but I built the most compact version.

vince you act like you fabricated an engine or something dude. why not just invent a home surgical device that sucks out all the outside fat or better yet just zaps it away.

your not impressing anyone by using old bicycle parts to build a curling machine

what dont you invent a drywall jack or lift something useful and constructive
A