Author Topic: Obama gives the Queen an Ipod as a gift. - Check out the comments!  (Read 941 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Barack Obama's gift for the Queen: an iPod, your Majesty
Posted By: Toby Harnden at Apr 1, 2009 at 18:42:31 [General]
Posted in: Foreign Correspondents
Tags:View More | Barack Obama, Buckingham Palace, dvds, ipod, Photograph, Queen
 submit | cancel

Barack Obama met the Queen at Buckingham Palace today and gave her a gift of an iPod loaded with video footage and photographs of her 2007 United States visit to Richmond, Jamestown and Williamsburg in Virginia. In return, the Queen gave the President a silver framed signed photograph of herself and the Duke of Edinburgh - apparently a standard present for visiting dignitaries.

It is believed the Queen already has an iPod, a 6GB silver Mini version she is said to have bought in 2005 at the suggestion of Prince Andrew.

UPDATE: Pool reporter Richard Wolf of USA Today says that an Obama aide told him the President also gave the Queen a "rare songbook signed by Richard Rodgers". END UPDATE

Earlier, Mr Obama had spoken of his admiration for Her Majesty but indicated that his wife was handling the details of their royal meeting. "There's one last thing that I should mention that I love about Great Britain, and that is the Queen," he said at the end of his joint press conference with Gordon Brown.

"And so I'm very much looking forward to meeting her for the first time later this evening. And as you might imagine, Michelle has been really thinking that through -- because I think in the imagination of people throughout America, I think what the Queen stands for and her decency and her civility, what she represents, that's very important."

Mr Brown added: "Well, I know the Queen is looking forward to welcoming you and she's very much looking forward to her discussion with you."

There was widespread criticism in Britain and from Anglophiles in the US of Mr Obama's recent present to Mr Brown of a box set of classic American movies on DVDs that were not compatible with British DVD players.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____

Check out the comments!

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_harnden/blog/2009/04/01/barack_obamas_gift_for_the_queen_an_ipod_your_majesty?com_num=20&com_pg=1

Seriously, someone wake me up when this disaster is over. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Obama gives the Queen an Ipod as a gift. - Check out the comments!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 01:51:49 PM »
youre giving him shit for giving her an ipod?

really now...you can stfu

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 01:57:48 PM »

Obviously you are not following the news. 

He gave Gordon Brown a DVD set of movies that were not formatted for UK DVD players after Brown gave Obama a very classical gift.  Utter embarassment.

Now, he gives THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND, an IPOD after she already has one. 

Maybe you are not aware of this, but this lady literally walked in the streets of London and the shelters underground during WW2 as the Nazi's bombed London to give hope to the people of London.

And this Peter Pan moron gives her an Ipod after she helped the allies win WW2????

Disgraceful. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »
people in london are trashing banks in broad daylight during the g20 meeting and youre getting your panties in a bnuch over a gift obama gave.

please,stfu

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 02:04:25 PM »

I forgot, ZERO gave back the Churchill bust that England gave us right after 9/11 as a sign of strength, fortitude, and solidarity.  

What a disgrace.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 04:57:33 PM »
He also gave her a rare songbook signed by some famous broadway composers. The ipod was filled with songs by the composers, i believe.

The queen's gift to the Obamas- a  photo of herself.

These dignitary gifts are largely symbolic gestures of good will. What did you expect? Him to give her a 50-inch flat screen?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »
Not surprising to me that the right thinks this is a major error by Obama.

They were crying like pussies b/c, apparently, Obama uses a teleprompter when he gives a speech. 

What filth Obama is!

Ah but for the good ol' days, when the president would merely subvert the Congress, kill tens of thousands of brown people, and fondle the german chancellor.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 11:13:13 AM »
Low class IMO, but fuck the queen.  ;D
S

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 11:41:53 AM »
Not every conservative thinks this is a big deal.  It may not have been the most appropriate gift but I don't see a significant issue here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 10:49:03 AM »
RIP Queen Elizabeth.   sorry you had to deal with this stupidity from O-TWINK 

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/world/europe/02ipod.html