Author Topic: For nattys 30 years and older...  (Read 79599 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: For nattys 30 years and older...
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 04:07:33 PM »
I am 33 and only just STARTING out.  ;D

So at least you lot have been there and done it, I am only just embarking in it.

I aim for about 5 years to go from 154lbs I am now (11st dead on) to around the 180lbs to 200lbs range. Thats around 14st.

So my aim is to gain 3st in 5 years. That averages out to about 0.7lb of muscle gained per month. PIECE OF PISS! I bet it can be done in even less time like 3 years with a few naughty cycles along the way.

The really odd thing with me is I already have OK legs, not muscular but not skinny, its my upper body that needs the gains.

I thought I was too old but its not true, my mates dad is 75 and he looks about 50. You wouldn't want to f**k with him I know that much. He still lifts weights to this day and he is 75 FFS.

So I reckon up to like 50 years old you can keep it up, longer even.

Although when you look at Arnie now it is a bit worrying and harder to keep fat off as you get older.

I read somewhere, testosterone levels in men peak at 40. Therefore it follows surely that the people that can expect the best gains are not the 18 year olds, not the 25 year olds but the 40 year olds?

Its a right bastard how you can't just go back in time lol.
Test levelevels don't peak at 40, that is wrong.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 07:28:10 PM »
The only difference I find is strict form, as my joints can start getting aches shoulders and knees. the up side is my metabolisms is slower so I can put size a lot easier. In my 30's I topped out at 190 I could get to 200 no problem now. I'm 40 but most ppl think I'm in my mid to late 20's. that is a major bonus to keeping fit.
P

the anabolic mon

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 11:32:13 PM »
You're whole physique is a mind fuck douchebag! 

Too bad I missed this....I would put my physique up against yours any day fatty.  You have those gay ass excuses why you would never post a pic.  ::)  Talk a lot a shit never back it up. 

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2011, 09:45:12 AM »
30 years old and I'm still throwing around the same weights I was at 23 (my peak). I'm scared shitless of losing strength and ability and will rage and rage against old age until the end of my days. Been training for 15 years. The only difference I can see is that I'm training smarter now. In my late teens I'd train legs and go straight from the gym to my gf's house and hang there. I wouldn't eat or take supplements for hours after a workout. I got bigger but it was slow going. I smartened up in my middle 20's, quit taking advice from steroid warriors training 7 days a week and got a program sorted. I hit my body in 3 sessions a week and make sure my diet was spot on. I got bigger. Right now I'm at my strongest every, biggest ever and healthiest ever.

Right now I'm truly in the best shape I've ever been. Ok, so maybe a line or two next to my eyes crept in, perhaps my joints are a tad less forgiving than 10 years ago, maybe I can't hang with the young crowd in the gym any more without getting weird looks, hell, perhaps I even have the beginnings of grey hair. However, whatever age I am, this stuff will always be in my blood.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 01:59:03 PM »
At 35 I have more strength now then when I was younger.  I figure it is because I have more knowledge of how to eat better, train more effective, etc.  The only difference I have noticed is I recover slower and you gain fat easier.  For example...

In the teens I worked out 6 days a week and could bounce back just fine.  Plus eat anything and never got fat ... cardio what is that?
Age 20 - 25 lifted 5 days a week and had to eat better.  Cardio was an after thought but 20 mins or so every other day worked well.
25 - 30 lifted 4 days a week and metabolism slows down more.  Cardio needed every day for at least 40 mins.
30 - present.  Currently lift on a 3 day split and cardio for one hour every day plus 30 min walks. 

I just figure as I get older I increase activity and give more time to recover from heavy weight work outs.  So far it seems to work.  I still make gains.

8)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 01:02:46 AM »
I'm 32 and only recently started hitting the gym, so I can't really speak on the difference over time.

My personal experience, however, is that I *feel* better than I have in a long time and I wish I'd started doing this a long time ago. As for strength, I have actually pleasantly surprised myself and find that despite years of poor (see: horrible) eating, no exercise and a sedentary lifestyle, I may be a tub of lard, but my body isn't a wreck yet -- as long as I warm up first anyways.

After I get in a little better shape, I plan on going to the doctor again for a complete physical and will ask to have test levels checks though, and act accordingly.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 08:04:05 AM »
I'm 32 and only recently started hitting the gym, so I can't really speak on the difference over time.

My personal experience, however, is that I *feel* better than I have in a long time and I wish I'd started doing this a long time ago. As for strength, I have actually pleasantly surprised myself and find that despite years of poor (see: horrible) eating, no exercise and a sedentary lifestyle, I may be a tub of lard, but my body isn't a wreck yet -- as long as I warm up first anyways.

After I get in a little better shape, I plan on going to the doctor again for a complete physical and will ask to have test levels checks though, and act accordingly.

Just keep up the good work and be consistent.  Lots of folks start up and do not see immediate results, then stop working out.  Don't do that and keep training.   8)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 01:51:11 AM »
only when you read postings like thi sin this tread you actualy start to understand how sick the cult of bodybuild is truly is ,, 200lb 5'9 lol seeing all abs lol you have here fellas go 20 years so call natural ,, yet on hormone boardings and serious talk bodybuilding,, say they scared to shrink and lose strength lol

i sometime think bodybuild is truly a mental deasease,,

EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE FELLAS WHO WRITE IN TREADINGS LIKE THESE HAS BEEN TO HORMONES IS NOT NATURAL AND NEVER WILL BE NATURAL ,, SOMETIME WHEN IM LOOKING IN OTHER PLACES ON THE THUNDERDOME ASIDE FROM GOSSIP AND I SOMETIME DO BECUASE I LIKE LOOKING INTO FELLAS BRAINS AND HOW THEY THINK..SOMETIMES WHEN I DO IT I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE LIES FELLAS LIVE,,

yes this posting will be erase,, and yes you will continue claimingni natural and all this balonie ,, but reality of the matter is lik esomeone else say here....none of you would surpass age 28-30 with out hormone into his blood ,, you woudnt even do bodybuild,, rememeber you dont go to gym 2-3 times a week as a recreational activity done next to your bowling actvitiy ,, most of you are americanos that live a very very sad lie,, you really need to wake up in the morning...look into the mirror and spit at yoru image FOR! what you write here ,, what i actualy read here ....doesnt go along with 4000 postings on bodybuild boarding ,, doesnt go with sitting and being on bodybuild baording all day long,, i could pull lists from steroids boarding and put it here to embaress all of you but why do it? you live the worst life possible and that life is called

LIFE OF A LIAR AND TWISTER OF THE TRUTH!

wize up ,, it doesnt have to be through finding jesus ,,that lead no where,, wize up and be honest with yourself ,, dont pretend ,, dont pretend to just go on hrt to not lose strength ,, you never see the numbers 200lb 5'9 anything! with single digit and you wont see no abdominals at this weight not even few...you will see semi hardness in delts and pecs,, and no! no! you will not just lose the ability to get shreded ,,,getting shreded as treue natural at 5'9 will put you down to the 165lb IF YOU ARE SUPER SUPER LUCKY AND VERY VERY GOOD GENETIC STRUCTURE! ,, you dont just get shreded from 200lb to 190lb natural ,, it doesnt work this way friends,, not 190 not 180 and sadly with many not even 170,,

why the lies? i think the reason behind it is mental sickness and the inability to tell yourself ,, IM AN AVERAGE RESPONDER TO HORMONES AND I JUST DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT CONNECTIONS FOR THE CONTACTS NEEDED FOR LEGIT HORMONES AND CONSISTANCY IN THOSE LEGIT HORMONES!

yes this posting will be erased and i have no problem with it ! but the ones who read it knows gh15 is right to the t not 90% right but right 100% ,,

there is no natural bodybuild,,

the natural liar ...usualy log into a bodybuild steroid boarding....about 2.5 to 3 months out of a compeittion seeking products,, IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME,,
the following happen ,, they will send a text to a friend ...most likly my pupils saying ,, you are right bodybuild is all drugs,, then within days log into steroid boarding and ordoer what needed,, AND THEN lie LIE LIE LIE and say they done it natural ,, why? BECAUSE THEY GREW INTO A SHOW using a product that put them at 169lb 5'10 6% .....that is not a hormonized number in the mental state of those fellas and thus the lie

i really really came to despize bodybuild for this ,, and i blame many of you the so call naturals for this,, this is mental sickness,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 07:50:55 AM »
I do not disagree that there are probably many liars that are “natural” and also those that are on AAS.  I have seen both also bash the other, which is very stupid.

As, for me I will tell you anything you want to know, just ask.

I am 6ft and 1inch tall and big frame.  My ethnicity is half Scottish and that highlander gene is not small.

I weight 200lbs and have a 34-inch waist.  Even then that does NOT make abs pop out, etc.

I eat about 2700 calories a day.

Around 180 grams of protein seems about right, less than that and I get very sore.

I would have to diet down much more and have tried it.  The lowest my calories dropped was 1870.  I felt like crap and strength went down the toilet doing it.

For now I’d rather weight more, be stronger, and feel good.  So I stick with eating 2700 calories and no abs. 

I have read a bunch on hormones and considered trying it, especially if I get to live in a country where it is legal.  I have not used any hormones as of yet.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2011, 08:21:07 AM »
only when you read postings like thi sin this tread you actualy start to understand how sick the cult of bodybuild is truly is ,, 200lb 5'9 lol seeing all abs lol you have here fellas go 20 years so call natural ,, yet on hormone boardings and serious talk bodybuilding,, say they scared to shrink and lose strength lol

EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE FELLAS WHO WRITE IN TREADINGS LIKE THESE HAS BEEN TO HORMONES IS NOT NATURAL AND NEVER WILL BE NATURAL ,, SOMETIME WHEN IM LOOKING IN OTHER PLACES ON THE THUNDERDOME ASIDE FROM GOSSIP AND I SOMETIME DO BECUASE I LIKE LOOKING INTO FELLAS BRAINS AND HOW THEY THINK..SOMETIMES WHEN I DO IT I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE LIES FELLAS LIVE,,

yes this posting will be erase,, and yes you will continue claimingni natural and all this balonie ,, but reality of the matter is lik esomeone else say here....none of you would surpass age 28-30 with out hormone into his blood ,, you woudnt even do bodybuild,, rememeber you dont go to gym 2-3 times a week as a recreational activity done next to your bowling actvitiy ,, most of you are americanos that live a very very sad lie,, you really need to wake up in the morning...look into the mirror and spit at yoru image FOR! what you write here ,, what i actualy read here ....doesnt go along with 4000 postings on bodybuild boarding ,, doesnt go with sitting and being on bodybuild baording all day long,, i could pull lists from steroids boarding and put it here to embaress all of you but why do it? you live the worst life possible and that life is called

wize up ,, it doesnt have to be through finding jesus ,,that lead no where,, wize up and be honest with yourself ,, dont pretend ,, dont pretend to just go on hrt to not lose strength ,, you never see the numbers 200lb 5'9 anything! with single digit and you wont see no abdominals at this weight not even few...you will see semi hardness in delts and pecs,, and no! no! you will not just lose the ability to get shreded ,,,getting shreded as treue natural at 5'9 will put you down to the 165lb IF YOU ARE SUPER SUPER LUCKY AND VERY VERY GOOD GENETIC STRUCTURE! ,, you dont just get shreded from 200lb to 190lb natural ,, it doesnt work this way friends,, not 190 not 180 and sadly with many not even 170,,

why the lies? i think the reason behind it is mental sickness and the inability to tell yourself ,, IM AN AVERAGE RESPONDER TO HORMONES AND I JUST DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT CONNECTIONS FOR THE CONTACTS NEEDED FOR LEGIT HORMONES AND CONSISTANCY IN THOSE LEGIT HORMONES!

yes this posting will be erased and i have no problem with it ! but the ones who read it knows gh15 is right to the t not 90% right but right 100% ,,

the natural liar ...usualy log into a bodybuild steroid boarding....about 2.5 to 3 months out of a compeittion seeking products,, IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME,,
the following happen ,, they will send a text to a friend ...most likly my pupils saying ,, you are right bodybuild is all drugs,, then within days log into steroid boarding and ordoer what needed,, AND THEN lie LIE LIE LIE and say they done it natural ,, why? BECAUSE THEY GREW INTO A SHOW using a product that put them at 169lb 5'10 6% .....that is not a hormonized number in the mental state of those fellas and thus the lie

i really really came to despize bodybuild for this ,, and i blame many of you the so call naturals for this,, this is mental sickness,,

gh15 approved

Don't fill my thread with your bullshit asshole.  If you don't like that this thread is about nattys, get the fuck off and don't post.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 03:41:05 AM »

gh15 approved

Listen asshole... I take exception to you telling me I'm on drugs. Especially when you don't even know me.

My goal isn't to be built like a fridge, with distended gut and oil-filled arms, or to pump myself full of crap to be ripped, or jacked, or pose in sequined trunks.

My goal is to be healthy first and foremost, so that I don't die of a heart attack before I hit 40. My goal is to feel good physically, and to be able to do everything that I enjoy and want to do. My goal is to live my life to its fullest. I can do those things without having to pump eighty different kinds of drugs in me.

I wasted my 20's behind a desk, pursuing my career and not paying much attention to my life. I went into the gym knowing I didn't want to spend my 30's the same way. Lifting makes me feel good and improves my body and my mood and brings me closer to my goals. That's what matters. I don't need to gulp down pills by the bucketful to do that. Sculpted abs and shredded glutes... I couldn't give a flying fuck about that.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 04:14:12 AM »

Don't fill my thread with your bullshit asshole.  If you don't like that this thread is about nattys, get the fuck off and don't post.

75% of hormonized bodybuild do it to feel good,, they dont want to be fridge,,,fridge doesnt come from anabolci steroids friend,, it come from abuse of insulina and human growth hormone,,

enough with the lies already ,, yes there is minority of naturals who dont get anywhere...they may look half way decent WITH OUT shirt on ,, but! reality of the matter and anyone who been bodybuild for 3 years + will tell you that...you can nto and will nto improve unless on hormones no matter how much you scream and how much you twist what hormones do and how much you have mind and muscle conection

BODYBUILD IS THE ! DRUG

gh15 approved
fallen angel

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 04:42:24 AM »
GH15.  I think you're confused.  "bodybuild" to you means to compete.  "bodybuild" to most on this board means to just workout and get in good shape.

I "bodybuild" for the last 20 years now.  I don't compete and have never been on steroids.  Many people are the same as me.

I'm asking you nicely before I have the MODS ban you.  Don't come on my thread under the NATURAL BODYBUILDING board and harass people. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 08:32:38 AM »
75% of hormonized bodybuild do it to feel good,, they dont want to be fridge,,,fridge doesnt come from anabolci steroids friend,, it come from abuse of insulina and human growth hormone,,

enough with the lies already ,, yes there is minority of naturals who dont get anywhere...they may look half way decent WITH OUT shirt on ,, but! reality of the matter and anyone who been bodybuild for 3 years + will tell you that...you can nto and will nto improve unless on hormones no matter how much you scream and how much you twist what hormones do and how much you have mind and muscle conection

BODYBUILD IS THE ! DRUG

gh15 approved

That depends on your definition of "improve" doesn't it? Again, not everyone here cares for shredded glutes and washboard abs. I can understand that this may be a novel concept to you, but it's true. Not everyone who "bodybuilds" wants to be Markus Rühl.

I don't care to compete, or to look diesel, or whatever is the proper term. I want to improve my health and my body. I can do that without drugs, no matter what some guy on an Internet forum says.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 09:19:25 AM »

This was also my initial interest in hormones as well.  But here is what I have found from my research so far:

Testosterone is what typically will be prescribed in the USA and in physiological doses.  Even at this dose there seems to be some possible risk and side effect (like any medication).  Some of those things can include items like:

- Increase in bad cholesterol levels.
- Decrease in good cholesterol levels.
- Thickening of the blood.

There are other side effects too but for me these stood out the most since there were heart issues on both my father's and mother's side of the family.  

My wife may get a job transfer to Istanbul Turkey where other options exist.  Some of the "lighter" compounds that could be used in lieu of testosterone also seem to have side effects.  I won't bother to get into all that.  Basically the more I read and ask questions, the more I am thinking that messing with your body's endocrine system is not a good idea.

So far the safest and best options seem to be:

#1 Diet:
Learning what your metabolic rate is.
Understanding how you respond to various foods.
Figuring out what caloric range you need and what mix of carbs, fats, protein, etc works for you.  

#2 Physical activity:
If you want to be healthy and burn fat do cardio.  Any type that gets your heart rate up is good.  How often depends on your body type and how much you want to try to loose.
Weights - duh that is why most of us log on here.  (strength, muscle tone, etc.)

#3 Detox:
A good colon detox is essential.  Think about it, how long are your intestines?  If you are backed up ... how much toxins can sit in there for how long?  Just something to think about.
Full on juice flushes.
Kidney detox - lots of herbs/liquids.
Liver detox - same as above.

A good place I have used that WORKS for detox is https://www.herbdoc.com  His supplements have helped.  

So far this is the stuff I have learned being natural.  So I hope it helps.   8)

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 12:54:15 PM »
JAM,

Thanks for that post. I agree and some of the stuff you list showed up in my own research as well. As I said, this is something that I'd get checked out for and then, decide with my doctor, what makes for me.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »
43,,,train 4x per wk,bodyparts once per wk,calves and abs 2x,training long time,competed as middleweight 5'7 is closer 5'8 i guess depends on weather,,some supp's nothing out of the ordinary .eat 4-6 meals per day,relativley clean.clean/dirty bulk in winter a tad,,pics taken aug 2011.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »
The main things I noticed are slower recovery (I know, I won't recover ;D) and being more prone to injury. I haven't noticed a "real" strength decrease. When I was younger I could go on till the muscles gave out, nowadays it's the joints that give out first, gradually of course.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2011, 07:07:57 PM »
The main things I noticed are slower recovery (I know, I won't recover ;D) and being more prone to injury. I haven't noticed a "real" strength decrease. When I was younger I could go on till the muscles gave out, nowadays it's the joints that give out first, gradually of course.

Those damn joints... My right shoulder has been killing me for weeks.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2011, 08:23:14 PM »
So far Glucosamine / Chondroitin with MSM seems to help me with the joints.  I also drink lots of water.  Like 1-2 gallons a day and that also seems to help.   :)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 01:02:38 AM »
GH15.  I think you're confused.  "bodybuild" to you means to compete.  "bodybuild" to most on this board means to just workout and get in good shape.
I "bodybuild" for the last 20 years now.  I don't compete and have never been on steroids.  Many people are the same as me.

I'm asking you nicely before I have the MODS ban you.  Don't come on my thread under the NATURAL BODYBUILDING board and harass people. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 04:43:10 AM »
For joints I've been using Cissus constantly for 3-4 months now and noticed a huge improvement, much better than Glucosamine combo.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2011, 07:18:23 AM »
For joints I've been using Cissus constantly for 3-4 months now and noticed a huge improvement, much better than Glucosamine combo.

Thanks, I'll look into that.  I never heard of it.   :)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 04:58:12 PM »
Thanks, I'll look into that.  I never heard of it.   :)
Alot of people are getting good results with it.