Author Topic: The OFFICIAL IL Bodybuilding Stomping Ground!  (Read 72943 times)

BigPablo300

• Getbig I
Re: The OFFICIAL IL Bodybuilding Stomping Ground!
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »
As you said, there are just too many competitors here who bitch and complain but never speak up or try to do something about it.

I look at it like this:  I only have one life to live. 

Do I live it to my full potential and do everything in my power to realize that potential?  Do I live a life that I can look back on and be proud of?  That my parents would be proud of?  Do I live a life that's real and sincere and do things because of my love for them?

Or

Do I live a life of shame?  Do I live a life that reflects how I can impress others?  Do I live a life that reflects my fear of failure?  Do I act like everything is cool because I don't want to get in trouble or stand out?  Do I live a life of a fake and succomb to wasting it on irrelevent activities?

I am not saying by any means that I nor anyone is perfect or should be.  I am saying that one day you, I and every living person will look back and ask what did I do with my life? 

The IL scene is like Highschool to me.  Everyone wants to be in the coolest click.  The problem is this:  You have to be cool to belong but in order to be cool you have to belong.  Get what I'm sayin'???  You're screwed basically.  Then when you look back at your Highschool days you see that all those "cool kids" are in the same situation now as they were before.  Only now being cool aint so cool.  Now all you have to show is that you have your cool friends (if you even stay friends) and no life, a dead end job and the rights to be in a click which gets you nothing in the outside world. 

Competitors of IL,
                     Ask yourself this.  Is your name or recognition or anything, worth losing your pride and sense of character.  Is getting into that click or getting close to someone because it will elevate you to the next level (possibly) worth losing who you are deep down?  We all age and our priorities change.  Like it or not, one day you will no longer be on top no matter what you do.

Just saying the IL scene is messed up or ignoring it will not make it better.  The East Coast and West Coast are better because they work to be better.  They work together. 

Do you think that half of the worlds discoveries and inventions would have been made had all the scientists brushed off the others in hopes that they would get all the fame?  NO!  They know better.  They know that each person has a field in which they excell and that by combining forces they can reach a common goal.

What do you think would happen if every IL competitor united?  It would force changes to be made that's what would happen.  Look at the Ironman this year.  It has mandatory Friday night weigh-ins. 

If you think that just happened because they thought out of the blue "Hey, we should have Friday night weigh-ins!"  Then you have some major issues.  We pushed the envelope and they responded.  Simple as that.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2009, 08:30:59 PM »

You just got waaaaaaay to philosophical, BP300. You sound like a cross between Ayn Rand and Dr. Phil.

At the end of the day some will say The Emperor Isn't Wearing Clothes and some will insist that he is.

Everyone keep our eyes open for Herb 'Tank' Nordheimer to compete at the 2009 Ironman.

- Block!
?

BigPablo300

• Getbig I
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »
Sorry about that.  I get carried away sometimes and it can be hard to slow down the old noggin.

I am looking forward to seeing Herb and my boy Nino duking it out at the Ironman.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2009, 12:41:51 PM »
Ok since I have been helping a first timer get ready for the Ironman and he has worked extremely hard.  I may show for the prejudging only since everyone else who complains is still going even with their constant complaints.  However, I will no longer post negative things about Illinois BB ever again bc by saying one thing and doing the opposite destroys credibility which I wish to keep.
I'll be at the Pre-Judging as well.

I go to the shows because I pride myself by keeping my fingers on the pulse of what's going on in the Illinois scene. I will support bodybuilding at the local levels but BP300 is right. Does anybody think there would be a Friday Night Weigh-In if the old thread on musculardevelopment didn't exist?

We're doing something right. It doesn't matter what you say, sbh570. You can say anything you want to cast a shadow on the IL bodybuilding scene and who runs it because it's really ME posting as YOU.

Admit it... I am really you and you are really me.

In fact. I found out recently that I am the ONLY person in this state that has these feelings towards this whole thing. So whatever you say it will be okay because I'll be the one blamed for it. Hahahaha...

- Block!
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »

sbh,

Answer these questions for me. For fun...

1. The most overrated bodybuilder in IL.

2. The most underrated bodybuilder in IL.

3. The best bodybuilder in IL.

4. Best IL bodybuilding memory.

5. Worst. (We all know that one)

6. HOTTEST fitness slut ass in IL bodybuilding.

7. Most popular.

8. Most unpopular.

9. Hottest Couple.

10. The most NOT couple.

- Block!
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »

1. Stoil Stole.

2. Will Ko. I agree. A tad bit more size and he'll be unstoppable.

3. Mike Liberatore or Sam Urbach.  Sam is a complete screwball but nevertheless he is probably the best amateur I have ever seen on an Illinois  stage.

4. The 2007 USA Continental.  One of the best nights I've ever had. On stage and OFF stage... knowatImsayin?

5. The 2003 Ironman.  Freezing cold. Snow everwhere. We get to Lane Tech at 9am to check-in and the whole building is locked. We had to wait until 11am when Rob & Darleen swooped in to save the day.

6. Virginia R or Alicia H. - Neither one of them are 'sluts', though... unfortunately.

7. Rob & Darleen. IL BBing Royalty among the inner-trenches.

8. Brian Smith. A good bodybuilder who's been around forever but I always heard bad things about him. Outside of him... my guy Ted Voight. He's my guy but..eh... not too popular right now.

9. Me and my chick... or Dan K & Yeni M.

10.  Let me contemplate this one... lots of splitsville lately.

- Block!
?

sbh570

• Getbig I
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »
WORD ON THE STREET, The Ironman looking to be bigger and better than ever.  I will be at prejudging helping my boy (first timer)  IL BB is great.  Shit, Wisc is down to one show and therefore IL BB should be grateful of are many shows.  TO everyone who complained, congrats on attending as I will after hearing all the complainers bitch but still attend.  Finally, you have all realized that BB in Il is improving and everyone must go to the Ironman.  Who cares that that all members of USA GYM and our chairperson, the great Chuck Sanow boycotted the Continental USA to downgrade it.  It worked, the show has been diffused.  Just wait until next year, I assure it go from the best IL contest to a so so prob held in Ottawa with the same shit trophies given out at the mid IL.  Congrats to all IL BBs.  Shit MY next show has to be one JJ promotes.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2009, 08:12:07 PM »

POWER 2 The PEOPLE!

Friday night weigh-in. Check!

New colored flyers. Check!

Online registration & payment. Comming soon.

You see... there is power in numbers.  I get blamed for everything but at the end of the day I MADE THIS ALL POSSIBLE... BooYa!

- Block!
?

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2009, 11:54:44 PM »
Should be a good show tomorrow! Lots of good competitors!!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2009, 10:51:52 AM »

Do me a favor, John...

Tell "lilarnold" on the MD boards that I said he's a fking chump with his suck assing about USA Gym. Please?

Nothing wrong with liking the gym and it's atmosphere but enough with how welcoming and loving the people there are. Please!

They'd turn their back on you in a hot minute given the chance. They used to be cool with me to until they "suspected(blamed)" me for posting things on MD that insulted their idol. I can't even post there.

- Block!

?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2009, 07:16:46 PM »
Hello to all.
Well, since the NPC was so wrong in accusing us of going on the message boards and posting lies even though we had never been on the message boards, we might as well join everyone.
We are here to set some things straight.....
After four successful years, the NPC Continental USA was stripped from us and given to Jeff and Ann Johnson who say they might take it to Ottawa, IL (Same place as their Mid-IL).
We were granted a show by a good friend of ours, Ernest Bea who is the chairman of Iowa. We purchased the sanction for it and called it the USA Central Cup which was to be held in Des Moines, IA on June 26th. Not until after we purchased the sanctioning for the show was Ernest told by Jim Manion (NPC Pres.) that we have to live in that state to promote a show there and Chuck Sanow (Il chairman) refused to allow us to have a show in his state. So....after we had one show stripped from us for no just cause, we did not want to invest several thousands to get the new one running just to have it taken from us like the Continental.
BUT.....NO FRET!!!! We live and breathe the sport of bodybuilding! Can't take that out of us! We too are competitors and not just promoters! We know what you guys go through to try to win. And we know the politics and behind the scenes of bodybuilding. We are here to shed new light for you and give you another option. Right now, you only have just limited options. WE WILL OPEN UP ANOTHER DOOR FOR YOU.
2010 we, along with IFBB Pro Bodybuilder & CEO-Paul Dillett, will bring to you and the Untied States.....WBFF! (World Bodybuilding & Fitness Federation) This will be an organized event like you have never, ever seen before in the U.S. Google WBFF.com and see for yourself. Please support us and be a part of this U.S. ground-breaking change.
For updates or contacting us, log on to our facebook page. (Darlene Mayo)
We are and have always been for hard work and fairness. When you put in the hard work, you should be rewarded. Promoters are nothing without their competitors. Don't feel sorry for us losing the show....stand by us for a long awaited change. GO WBFF!!!

Respectfully,
Rob & Darlene Mayo
Promoters-WBFF
?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »

Turns out...

JEALOUSY got the best of Chuck and his POSSE and the Forward Thinking Innovators known as The Mayo's, who will always be the TRUE masterminds behind the USA Continental, got 86'd.

Let me go back. I doubt Chuck even knew or cared about what was being said on the message boards. I am willing to bet my hairy pimply ass that his 'handlers' reiterated it all back to him and put poor and irresponsible information in his ear.

At the end of the day ' a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder '. What do we know about bodybuilders? They are flakey, gay and jealous.

It was clear that the Mighty Mavericks known as The Mayo's upstaged Chuck, Jeff and Kevin beyond what their minds could ever process and something had to be done.

It wasn't the Mayo's going on the forums letting their frustrations of stagnation, politics and lies being aired out for all to see. It was the competitors. The Mayo's never even been online since now.

It's buisness as usual in Illinois bodybuilding. The ONLY people who are glad about this are the 'Yes, sir's ' that surrounds Chuck. The villagers who claim that the Emperor is wearing clothes when clearly he is not.

This isn't over.

- Block!
?

mcluvin

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2010, 01:42:59 PM »
Anybody here from back in the vintage days of the old Quads? The only reason I bring this up is I see the names Brian and Tim Smith mentioned. Last year I saw Tim and he was recovering from a knee surgery that went bad? I see Brian is still hammering away at the Masters Nationals. Whomever posted that he might be the least liked bodybuilder in Illinois is probably correct. Tim helped me a lot but Brian never gave anyone the time of day. Times were different back then and guys always helped each other out for the most part. I'll throw out some bodybuilder names and see if anyone remembers;

John Leriou
Jeff sorenson
Larry Bernstein
Henry
Pete Kutsugeras (dead..car crash)

I think Larry moved and went to work for Beverly International......that was a long time ago.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2010, 02:17:09 PM »

You Know You're a Bodybuilder in Chicagoland If...

...if you buy most of your supplements from Orlando at Healthkick, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you switch XSport's every 2-6 months because the previous one had too much drama, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you categorize your friends and peers based on which XSport you go to, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

... if you ever gotten your heart broken by Joey Sergo, you might be a bodybuilder (figure/fitness) in Chicagoland.

...if you eat at Sally's after the shows at The Gateway and lament about what is wrong about the NPC in Illinois, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you slept with half the stage at any given show at any given time in Illinois, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you buy your gear locally then spread rumors that who you bought it from flips fake gear, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever gotten screwed over on stage by someone who trains at USA Gym, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you hide out at different gyms and constantly change your cell phone number because you owe so many people money, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if charges of being a Peeping Tom haven been brought against you for drilling holes into tanning beds ceilings, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you or any member of your family or wife or girlfriend has ever been blatantly insulted by Ronnie Altieri, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have a killer growth hormone connection by 'a friend of mine' who lives on North Halsted st. just past Addison, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you are a jaded cynical bald bitter asshole who spends too much time stuffing his obese fat body with burritos and McDoubles from McDonald's Dollar Menu and perpetually has a wad of Skoal wintergreen in his mouth, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if hired Dave Palumbo within 2008 & 2009 to 'do your diet', you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you plan on avoiding local NPC shows because you don't want to run into your EX, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have a trophy for Figure, Bikini and Bodybuilding all within a 6 month time period, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you stepped on stage in the middle of your Second Trimester and still placed ahead of somebody els because you train at USA Gym, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you pick up contracts with supplement companies just as easy as you toss them away to out-wit your way into booth work at the 2010 Arnold Classic, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you really should be competing as a Heavyweight but always seem to enter your shows as a Superheavyweight, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you step out on stage looking 10 weeks out and not place then blame the "politics" for your demise, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you literally diet, tan, train harder, add in cardio, run some clen, carb deplete and carb load just to ATTEND a local NPC show, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if your version of 'Check Into Cash' is to collect hundreds of dollars from 3-4 different people because they want to get in on your overseas order all to tell them 3 weeks later that you got a 'seizure letter' as you pocket the cash to finance your trip to Columbus or to pay for your growth kits, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you think you have to go to USA Gym 2 weeks before your show to have Chuck ''check you out'' because you think it may "help you", you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you pee in empty Gatorade bottles that you normally use to spit your chew in as you sit in gridlock traffic on your way to Elston to meet up with Chris San Juan as he is 3 days out from Jr. Nationals, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you ever had your last name stitched on the back of a warm-up jacket after the word ' TEAM ' , you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you ever slept with Victor Martinez after the 2008 NPC USA Continental, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever GIVEN a blow-job as payment for clenbuterol and anavar tablets in the parking lot of Lombard XSport, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever RECIEVED a blow-job as payment for clenbuterol and anavar tablets in the parking lot of Lombard XSport, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you were ever told to carb-up with Snickers and Mountian Dew, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if your dating spectrum went from geriatric to pediatric, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if your " boyfriend " can execute your quater-turn Figure poses much better than you can, you must be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever sharted your shorts at XSport-Bricktown and noticed the smell but not knew it was you, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever broken up with your significant other over the last of the Crystal Lite, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you ever think you ever have a chance to ever go Pro without a single clue on how to network and market yourself, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever gotten fired by Rick Lovestrand, you might be a bodybuilder from Chicagoland.

...if you can't ejaculate without a buff burly woman flexing her biceps, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you can't seem to ever get lean for a show and blame "trans fats" as the reason why, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you had ever gotten your Polish beer knocked over or stolen by Dolly Nordheimer at The Gateway because you need alcohol to get your fat ass through a bodybuilding show, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you give prostate massages while calling yourself the Kitty Kat, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if your tires were slashed at the 2009 NPC USA Continental, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if Jeff Johnson has ever told you to " get the fuck out of here! " , you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you religiously meet up at Arlington-South to train legs every Sabbath at 3pm with a quasi-Italian occult, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever counted up alinshop clenbuterol at the Internet Cafe tables at Xsport, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever hired George Farah to prep you for the same shows you fully intend to flake out of, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if have ever subjected an entire audience to the most flamboyantly gay version of a posing routine to Lady Gaga's Pokerface, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you ever pranked called Derek Anthony before, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you take Pride In Your Supplements, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever given a blowjob to a married man as he touched up your Pro Tan in your hotel room, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever been caught in a prostitution sting from Craigslist, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if Dexter Jackson invited you back to his hotel room after the 2006 Mid-Illinois Classic, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you feel that you are that special to where you think you need to compete out of state to " avoid the politics " , you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you still do not realize that insulin is purchase available over the counter without a prescription, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you look like Billy Corgan on steroids decked out in a 3X White-T and Air Force-1's , you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you look 6 weeks out everytime you step out on stage and blame it on " a fluid issue " , you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you think you and Jay Cutler are BFF's, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you ever hosted a " Pro Tan Party " , you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever lied to your significant other about who Pro Tanned you, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you ever posed at your own show with a cloak and 5' albino boa constrictor around your neck, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you stopped talking to practically everybody at your gym(s) because of your insecure jealous boy/girlfriend made you do so, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you ran test propionate, winstrol and clenbuterol for the 2007 NPC Grand Prix show in Belvedere, Illinois and still didn't win your class, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you tore your tricep pumping up just before you are set to go out on stage, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if your wife caught wind that you had an account on FitSingles.com, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have ever slept with your ' diet coach ' and still continue to pay him to tell you to have 1/4 cup of oatmeal with breakfast, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you step on stage at a national level show and none of the judges have ever heard of you or seen you before, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you somehow still managed to look sexy while staring at John Lathrop at the Indiana Sand Dunes, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you lie about how much you lift, how often you train, how much gear you use, how much money you make and who you have banged, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if your 'sponsor' is an overweight middle-aged man with no kids and has never been married and lives in boystown, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you made an acquaintence of yours drive across the city 3x's a week to give you your injections due to your fear of needles, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you dump vitamin B6 in a ziplock bag and pawn them off as Russian dbols, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you swear that you will never date another competitor for as long as you live but continuously do, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

...if you have perfected the art of burning bridges and making frienemies through the power of the pen and with too much time on his hands, you might be a bodybuilder in Chicagoland.

- Block!
 |

© 2010 Microsoft Privacy Terms of use 
?

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2010, 06:07:59 PM »
Funny shit, block!!!

By the way, did you ever tell that one ho that I was coming to Chicago soon?  lol ;)
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

mcluvin

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »
     I use to compete in Illinois when a lot of the shows were in Rockford in the 80's. We got to meet some great Pros at the shows. Tim Belknap was from Rockford (i think)and I got to meet him several times. Lance Dreyher was from Chicago or close by. Some guest posers that came to the Chicagoland area (includes NW Indiana); Jeff King, Mike Matarazzo,Lee Haney,Porter Cottrell, Mike Quinn, Gary Leonard, Tony Pearson, Vince Taylor, Victor Richards, Tom Platz, Frank Zane etc. to name a few.
     This was a strange transition time because the AAU and NPC were both running shows and we competed in both organizations. The AAU had height classes and the NPC had weight classes so you might be competing against different guys the following weekend. There was a guy running the Illinois shows that was a real prick. He layed down ground rules at the meeting and you were out if you broke one. He banned the "moon pose" where you show your hamstrings by bending over. Also there were guys that could do that rope pose with their abs. He banned that saying it was "sick". I believe he also would yell "10 seconds" near the end of your routine and then yell "TIME" (even louder)at the 90 second mark. I think he was head of the Illinois AAU (bodybuilding) in the 80's. Can't remember his name.