Author Topic: Niners  (Read 144104 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Niners
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2019, 11:12:55 PM »
joe flacco won a super bowl and didn't throw an int, 1 for 1 in super bowls

peyton manning threw a couple and went 2 for 4 in super bowls

flacco > manning

right??

E

What kind of stupid question is that?  You trying to corner the market on stupid questions on this board? 

Just stop already.  What you know about football can fit in a thimble.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2019, 08:04:39 PM »
I'm not reading or responding to that imbededd crap.

i think you mean "embedded"

you won't respond because you know you are owned

hey did you see brady is going back to the super bowl for a 9th time, more than double montana

trust me i hate the pats, but it is what it is ;)

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2019, 11:18:43 AM »
i think you mean "embedded"

you won't respond because you know you are owned

hey did you see brady is going back to the super bowl for a 9th time, more than double montana

trust me i hate the pats, but it is what it is ;)

E

I don't care about grammar on a message board. 

I'm not responding because I didn't read it.  I don't have the patience for it.  I have internet ADD.  If you want to post it correctly I'll read it. 

Yes I see Brady going back to the Super Bowl.  The 9th time is impressive.  I could care less if it's double Montana or anyone else. 

I hate the Pats and I'm not a Brady fan, but I think there is an argument for him as GOAT.  As well as Montana, Brees, Bradshaw, Favre, Manning, etc.  That's what informed, open-minded people do.   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2019, 02:32:32 PM »
I don't care about grammar on a message board. 

I'm not responding because I didn't read it.  I don't have the patience for it.  I have internet ADD.  If you want to post it correctly I'll read it. 

Yes I see Brady going back to the Super Bowl.  The 9th time is impressive.  I could care less if it's double Montana or anyone else. 

I hate the Pats and I'm not a Brady fan, but I think there is an argument for him as GOAT.  As well as Montana, Brees, Bradshaw, Favre, Manning, etc.  That's what informed, open-minded people do.   

i hate brady and the pats too, but it is what it is

brees, bradshaw, and favre are not even close to being in the goat conversation

it's brady by a long shot... then montana, manning

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2019, 03:21:48 PM »
i hate brady and the pats too, but it is what it is

brees, bradshaw, and favre are not even close to being in the goat conversation

it's brady by a long shot... then montana, manning

E

Yes, they are all in the conversation.  Brees in particular has a case, particularly given his size.  What he has accomplished is as impressive as any QB in NFL history.

I've having this same conversation with two other people.  One says Brady, one says Montana.  I say there is a case to be made for everyone I mentioned.  And no one is calling each other stupid, etc. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2019, 05:01:39 PM »
Yes, they are all in the conversation.  Brees in particular has a case, particularly given his size.  What he has accomplished is as impressive as any QB in NFL history.

I've having this same conversation with two other people.  One says Brady, one says Montana.  I say there is a case to be made for everyone I mentioned.  And no one is calling each other stupid, etc. 

brees is arguably the best qb of all time?  because he's short?

ok... ???
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »
brees is arguably the best qb of all time?  because he's short?

ok... ???

Dude you love to cherry pick.  lol  Yeah, and that makes Doug Flutie the GOAT too. 

I said what he has accomplished (i.e., what he did on the field) is particularly impressive given his size, not that he is arguably the GOAT because of his size.  So no, just because someone is short doesn't make them great.  He's just at a disadvantage.  In spite of that, he produced more than almost every QB in NFL history and he won a Super Bowl.

You also have to use the eyeball test (if you watch the game).  He has been stellar for pretty much his entire career.  In his case, he has the numbers to back up his outstanding play.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2019, 06:23:31 PM »
Dude you love to cherry pick.  lol  Yeah, and that makes Doug Flutie the GOAT too. 

I said what he has accomplished (i.e., what he did on the field) is particularly impressive given his size, not that he is arguably the GOAT because of his size.  So no, just because someone is short doesn't make them great.  He's just at a disadvantage.  In spite of that, he produced more than almost every QB in NFL history and he won a Super Bowl.

You also have to use the eyeball test (if you watch the game).  He has been stellar for pretty much his entire career.  In his case, he has the numbers to back up his outstanding play.

you argue montana because he never threw an int in the super bowl, and then you argue brees with one super bowl and several years missing playoffs altogether???

and yeah he has numbers, guy has been throwing at least 50 times a game for 10 years or so

i thought he was slightly overrated before, a hall of famer but not an all timer,  you take it to a whole other level

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2019, 07:26:30 PM »
you argue montana because he never threw an int in the super bowl, and then you argue brees with one super bowl and several years missing playoffs altogether???

and yeah he has numbers, guy has been throwing at least 50 times a game for 10 years or so

i thought he was slightly overrated before, a hall of famer but not an all timer,  you take it to a whole other level

E

No I did not say Montana was the GOAT because he never threw an INT in his four Super Bowl wins.  I mentioned that is a part of his awesome legacy.  Go back and read the other factors I listed. 

Brees averaged 37.1 passes a game for his career, not 50.  And simply throwing a lot of passes doesn't make a QB arguably the GOAT.  Otherwise we'd be talking about Dan Fouts and Dan Marino.  Or even Warren Moon.     

Brees overrated??  Please.  He has been underrated for most of his career.  His numbers are staggering.  He his accurate.  His pocket awareness is terrific.  He sees the field as well as any QB I've ever seen.  He has thrown for more yards than any QB in NFL history and is second all time in TDs.  And he wins. 

Do I think Brees is the GOAT?  No, but I think you can make a reasonable argument for him.  If you're openminded and follow the game.     

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2019, 03:59:38 PM »
No I did not say Montana was the GOAT because he never threw an INT in his four Super Bowl wins.  I mentioned that is a part of his awesome legacy.  Go back and read the other factors I listed. 

Brees averaged 37.1 passes a game for his career, not 50.  And simply throwing a lot of passes doesn't make a QB arguably the GOAT.  Otherwise we'd be talking about Dan Fouts and Dan Marino.  Or even Warren Moon.     

Brees overrated??  Please.  He has been underrated for most of his career.  His numbers are staggering.  He his accurate.  His pocket awareness is terrific.  He sees the field as well as any QB I've ever seen.  He has thrown for more yards than any QB in NFL history and is second all time in TDs.  And he wins. 

Do I think Brees is the GOAT?  No, but I think you can make a reasonable argument for him.  If you're openminded and follow the game.     

i think marino is better than brees, he had huge numbers in an era where the league didn't protect the qb and receivers, 48 touchdowns back in 84 would be like 63 touchdowns today

brees wins?  one year he won, many years he missed the playoffs entirely and that super bowl was 9 years ago, what have the saints done since then other then bitch about a bad call when the only reason they had home field to begin with was horrendous pass interference calls against the steelers

he is not in the argument for GOAT, he's top 15 all time at best, 4th best of his era behind brady, peyton, and rodgers

E
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2019, 04:26:06 PM »
The Brady vs. Montana debate is like the Jordan vs. LeBron debate

My take:

When choosing a franchise QB that I want to build a team around for 10-15 years:  Brady
When choosing a QB for a single season or a single game (including Super Bowl):  Montana

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2019, 07:22:53 PM »
guy just won a 6th super bowl, which by himself is more than all but one team

and you guys still think this is a debate ::)

E
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2019, 03:30:22 PM »
guy just won a 6th super bowl, which by himself is more than all but one team

and you guys still think this is a debate ::)

E

If it was the same rules in both eras....

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2019, 04:26:10 PM »
No, not even close.  QB's can't be touched now plus the hits on defenseless receivers, cut in practice times for game prep, etc.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2019, 07:50:31 PM »

pats have 6 super bowls since 2001 season

nobody else even has 3 in that time span

stop blaming the rules or any other excuse you can think of

E
E

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2019, 03:59:58 AM »
pats have 6 super bowls since 2001 season

nobody else even has 3 in that time span

stop blaming the rules or any other excuse you can think of

E
The Pats have done something as an organization that no other NFL organization has ever done but they have had the same QB for almost 20 years.  The NFL rule changes have definitely extended Brady's career.  Bradshaw, Aikman, Young, Montana, Unitas, Namath, etc, etc, would have played a lot longer as well if you couldn't hit them hard when they played.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2019, 01:46:34 PM »
The Pats have done something as an organization that no other NFL organization has ever done but they have had the same QB for almost 20 years.  The NFL rule changes have definitely extended Brady's career.  Bradshaw, Aikman, Young, Montana, Unitas, Namath, etc, etc, would have played a lot longer as well if you couldn't hit them hard when they played.

so what makes you think they would have 6 rings?   

they also didn't take care of their body and overall health as well as brady, and probably didn't have his passion for the game either

E

E

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2019, 02:11:39 PM »
so what makes you think they would have 6 rings?   

they also didn't take care of their body and overall health as well as brady, and probably didn't have his passion for the game either

E

They have 6 rings because they are the best organization in the NFL right now.  They have the best coach, coaching staff and an owner willing to let Belichick do what he wants with the roster.  When Brady got her a decade ago they went 11-5 with Matt Cassell but lost early in the playoffs.

All that being said there is simply no way Brady would have played this long in an earlier era.  Look at some of the hits those other guys I listed took to the head in their careers that Brady has never taken because of the rule changes.  The NFL even changed the rules after Brady blew his knee out to not allow defensive players to hit a QB in his knees as well.  So now you can't hit the QB high or low.  Brady rarely gets hit now so it has extended his career for years which we won't know how many until he retires.  Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers will also probably play well into their 40's as well as many other QB's in the future.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2019, 02:53:19 PM »
why why do brees and rodgers only have 1 ring each?  they play under the same rules as brady

brady rarely gets hit because he plays smart, unlike ben and rodgers trying to make a play even when no play is there to be made

he had 3 rings before the favorable rule changes with a far less impressive roster than any montana, bradshaw, and aikman

best coaching staff?  are they the only team to ever have a great coaching staff?  what have those coaches won without brady?   all of those coaches that became head coaches elsewhere failed miserably

montana, aikman, and bradshaw had the same roster for their run, brady has won with a completely different team and with far less hall of fame teammates

E
E

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2019, 03:19:04 PM »
why why do brees and rodgers only have 1 ring each?  they play under the same rules as brady

brady rarely gets hit because he plays smart, unlike ben and rodgers trying to make a play even when no play is there to be made

he had 3 rings before the favorable rule changes with a far less impressive roster than any montana, bradshaw, and aikman

best coaching staff?  are they the only team to ever have a great coaching staff?  what have those coaches won without brady?   all of those coaches that became head coaches elsewhere failed miserably

montana, aikman, and bradshaw had the same roster for their run, brady has won with a completely different team and with far less hall of fame teammates

E
Why do you think I am shitting on Brady?  Are you really Gisele defending your husband?  No shit Brady is awesome AND he plays for the best coach AND the best organization AND rule changes have allowed him to play at a high level for a much longer time.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2019, 08:46:18 PM »
Why do you think I am shitting on Brady?  Are you really Gisele defending your husband?  No shit Brady is awesome AND he plays for the best coach AND the best organization AND rule changes have allowed him to play at a high level for a much longer time.

why do you think i am upset about you being wrong about brady?

that's one thing i never understood about getbig, you type more than one line it's a "meltdown"

E
E

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2019, 03:21:44 AM »
why do you think i am upset about you being wrong about brady?

that's one thing i never understood about getbig, you type more than one line it's a "meltdown"

E
Nothing I said was wrong about Brady.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2019, 02:36:12 PM »
Thank you Arizona.   :)  Good draft.  We are looking good on paper.  Wish they would sign Eric Berry.     

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2019, 03:45:20 AM »
Thank you Arizona.   :)  Good draft.  We are looking good on paper.  Wish they would sign Eric Berry.     
You're joking, right?  Arizona has set themselves up to be at the bottom of their division for the next 5 years at least.  You must be a Rams, 49'ers or Seahawks fan.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2019, 09:32:25 AM »
You're joking, right?  Arizona has set themselves up to be at the bottom of their division for the next 5 years at least.  You must be a Rams, 49'ers or Seahawks fan.

I'm a Niner fan.  I love the fact Arizona drafted Murray and that Bosa fell to the Niners at no. 2. 

Regarding Murray, I never watched him play.  Just highlights.  He looks like a terrific player.