Author Topic: Niners  (Read 144107 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Niners
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2020, 04:29:11 PM »
The Ravens did squat on offense. Please stop that argument man, you’re making yourself look silly.

Check out the box scores and get back to me.   :)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/2000.htm

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2020, 05:11:43 PM »
Check out the box scores and get back to me.   :)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/2000.htm

i think they went on a 5 game streak without scoring an offensive touchdown

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2020, 10:55:24 AM »
i think they went on a 5 game streak without scoring an offensive touchdown

E

Which five games?  I posted the link to the box scores for the entire season and the playoffs. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2020, 12:16:16 PM »
Which five games?  I posted the link to the box scores for the entire season and the playoffs. 

i think it was towards the end of the season

you are the only person in the world that remembers their offense being "good", gee i wonder why they dumped trent dilfer after winning the super bowl

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2020, 12:17:13 PM »
i think it was towards the end of the season

you are the only person in the world that remembers their offense being "good", gee i wonder why they dumped trent dilfer after winning the super bowl

E

Why are you guessing?  Look at the link.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2020, 12:17:46 PM »
Thank you Mr. President.   :)

NFL greats cheer as Trump pardons former San Francisco 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr.
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nfl-greats-thank-trump-for-pardon-of-hall-of-fame-owner-eddie-debartolo-jr

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2020, 12:30:56 PM »
Why are you guessing?  Look at the link.

i saw them play, did you? 

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2020, 01:07:45 PM »
i saw them play, did you? 

E

Yes I saw them play.  Then you must have seen them score 39, 37, 27, 24, 27, 44, 24, and 34 in the regular season.  They had a number of lower scoring games too.  Playoffs they scored 21, 24, 16, and 34.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2020, 02:06:53 PM »
Yes I saw them play.  Then you must have seen them score 39, 37, 27, 24, 27, 44, 24, and 34 in the regular season.  They had a number of lower scoring games too.  Playoffs they scored 21, 24, 16, and 34.

such great offense, they got rid of their super bowl winning qb ::)

E

E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2020, 02:42:56 PM »
such great offense, they got rid of their super bowl winning qb ::)

E

And why not?  Trent Dilfer is one of the worst QBs to ever win a Super Bowl.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2020, 02:47:09 PM »
And why not?  Trent Dilfer is one of the worst QBs to ever win a Super Bowl.

which means their offense sucked and they were carried by defense

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2020, 02:52:53 PM »
which means their offense sucked and they were carried by defense

E

lol.  It's a lot more complicated than that.  An offense that sucks doesn't score 34 points in the Super Bowl.   And top 30 points 4 times during the regular season, including 44 in one game. 

An offense doesn't just consist of a QB.  And nobody said Baltimore had a "great" offense that year.  We're talking about, in the bigger picture, whether offense or defense wins championships.  No question the Ravens D was awesome that year, but they don't win anything if their offense cannot score.  That's true pretty much every year. 

We saw it on full display just a few weeks ago, where an offense scored twice against a great defense to win a championship. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2020, 03:03:06 PM »
lol.  It's a lot more complicated than that.  An offense that sucks doesn't score 34 points in the Super Bowl.   And top 30 points 4 times during the regular season, including 44 in one game. 

An offense doesn't just consist of a QB.  And nobody said Baltimore had a "great" offense that year.  We're talking about, in the bigger picture, whether offense or defense wins championships.  No question the Ravens D was awesome that year, but they don't win anything if their offense cannot score.  That's true pretty much every year. 

We saw it on full display just a few weeks ago, where an offense scored twice against a great defense to win a championship. 

i remember one ravens td in the super bowl was a kick off return, there might have been a defensive td too, i remember ray lewis had a int return against the number 1 seed titans in the playoffs

ray lewis told the offense get us 10 points and we'll take care of the rest, if you have to tell your offense that it means the offense sucks and the defense is great

an offense is only as good as it's qb, the ravens had an average qb and their offense was average at best

defense can and does win championships, the 49ers losing doesn't prove otherwise and i don't recall anybody claiming the 49ers were overly special on defense, they just had a better defense than the chiefs but they also had a good defense, i think jimmy is about on par with trent dilfer, kerry collins is no mahomes

that last chiefs rushing td was just the 49ers quitting and realizing the game was already over

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2020, 03:24:05 PM »
i remember one ravens td in the super bowl was a kick off return, there might have been a defensive td too, i remember ray lewis had a int return against the number 1 seed titans in the playoffs

ray lewis told the offense get us 10 points and we'll take care of the rest, if you have to tell your offense that it means the offense sucks and the defense is great

an offense is only as good as it's qb, the ravens had an average qb and their offense was average at best

defense can and does win championships, the 49ers losing doesn't prove otherwise and i don't recall anybody claiming the 49ers were overly special on defense, they just had a better defense than the chiefs but they also had a good defense, i think jimmy is about on par with trent dilfer, kerry collins is no mahomes

that last chiefs rushing td was just the 49ers quitting and realizing the game was already over

E

The Niners had one of the best defenses in the NFL all season.  They had the best D-line in the NFL.  The pressure they put on QBs was really impressive.  I have to assume you didn't watch them play.  Their defense was terrific.  KC scored twice in the fourth quarter against that D.

I think there are situations where defense wins championships and I gave a couple examples.  I'm saying that is the exception rather than the rule.  Teams that can score are teams that win championships.  That's almost always the case. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2020, 03:28:48 PM »
The Niners had one of the best defenses in the NFL all season.  They had the best D-line in the NFL.  The pressure they put on QBs was really impressive.  I have to assume you didn't watch them play.  Their defense was terrific.  KC scored twice in the fourth quarter against that D.

I think there are situations where defense wins championships and I gave a couple examples.  I'm saying that is the exception rather than the rule.  Teams that can score are teams that win championships.  That's almost always the case. 

i know they had one of the best, but they were not elite we see defenses like them every season

one of KC's touchdowns was when KC was running out the clock

i gave you plenty of examples where defense won championships, your coach doesn't no how to manage a clock and makes poor play calls with a lead

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2020, 04:11:37 PM »
i know they had one of the best, but they were not elite we see defenses like them every season

one of KC's touchdowns was when KC was running out the clock

i gave you plenty of examples where defense won championships, your coach doesn't no how to manage a clock and makes poor play calls with a lead

E

I didn't say the were "elite."  I said they were great.  And despite having a better defense than than KC, they lost.  Yes Shanahan did a lousy job calling plays, which contributed to KC winning.  But in the end, KC's offense had to score twice in the fourth quarter against arguably the best defense in the NFL this year to win the Super Bowl.   

A lot of people agree with you that defense wins championships.  I just think it's a cliche that isn't typically true. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2020, 04:26:31 PM »
I didn't say the were "elite."  I said they were great.  And despite having a better defense than than KC, they lost.  Yes Shanahan did a lousy job calling plays, which contributed to KC winning.  But in the end, KC's offense had to score twice in the fourth quarter against arguably the best defense in the NFL this year to win the Super Bowl.   

A lot of people agree with you that defense wins championships.  I just think it's a cliche that isn't typically true. 

can you name a team that won with bad defense?

i named plenty that won with bad offense

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2020, 04:47:52 PM »
can you name a team that won with bad defense?

i named plenty that won with bad offense

E

Off the top of my head, no I cannot name a team that won a Super Bowl with a bad defense, or a bad offense. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2020, 04:56:02 PM »
Off the top of my head, no I cannot name a team that won a Super Bowl with a bad defense, or a bad offense. 

i named plenty, you named none

i win 8)

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2020, 07:00:43 PM »
i named plenty, you named none

i win 8)

E

Was this a contest?  lol  You didn't name any.  Regardless, we just have a different view on what it typically takes to win a Super Bowl. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2020, 07:34:53 PM »
Was this a contest?  lol  You didn't name any.  Regardless, we just have a different view on what it typically takes to win a Super Bowl. 

i named several go back and read them

and yes i won 8)

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2020, 11:01:20 AM »
i named several go back and read them

and yes i won 8)

E

No you didn't actually.  But assume you did.  It isn't reasonable to conclude that because "several" teams with "bad" offenses won a Super Bowl that defense always wins championships. 

And regarding winning this discussion, maybe Ron can create a trophy icon for you?   :)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2020, 12:20:50 PM »
St. Louis Rams.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2020, 12:24:04 PM »

If Garoppolo completes the pass to Sanders the 49'ers win and everyone is talking about how great the SF defense is and how Andy Reid chocked again.  These games have a few key plays that determine the outcome.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2020, 12:24:35 PM »
No you didn't actually.  But assume you did.  It isn't reasonable to conclude that because "several" teams with "bad" offenses won a Super Bowl that defense always wins championships. 

And regarding winning this discussion, maybe Ron can create a trophy icon for you?   :)

still waiting for you to prove your point by naming these super bowl winning teams with bad defenses

i proved mine several times, you refuse to listen

i don't need a trophy icon, this was a blow out we haven't seen since the seahawks DEFENSE held the all time scoring broncos offense to 7 points in the super bowl in 2013 8)

E
E