Author Topic: Flex Wheelers body fat  (Read 56035 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Flex Wheelers body fat
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2006, 10:10:42 PM »
Calipers have a fault factor of + or -  3%.    So it would be interesting to see the pinchers collapse in on themselves to get to negative 3%.   ;D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2006, 10:11:34 PM »
Calipers have a fault factor of + or -  3%.    So it would be interesting to see the pinchers collapse in on themselves to get to negative 3%.   ;D

LOL...maybe a small black hole would briefly appear, causing this to happen. ;D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2006, 10:14:27 PM »
LOL...maybe a small black hole would briefly appear, causing this to happen. ;D

Simple physics, really.   Or you could just watch a keanu reeves movie to explain it. :D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2006, 10:16:29 PM »
Simple physics, really.   Or you could just watch a keanu reeves movie to explain it. :D

Whoa :o How does he get away with not acting when he is in real movies?

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2006, 10:18:57 PM »
Jim Quinn! Do I win?.....I never thought I would see the same thing repeated over so many times.

It was Bill Smith you dumbass.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2006, 10:25:42 PM »
I think absent may have started a trend.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2006, 03:16:58 AM »
Do you know what, I think absent may have started some sort of trend.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2006, 04:10:17 AM »
  Exactly. Do you remember those articles about Flex, from 97? I was shocked when Flex pointed out that, during his contest prep, he'd gulp down two full chicken breasts, on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning. Not two pieces, but two FULL chicken breasts! :o That amounts to about 150 grams of complete protein, in a single meal! Not in a day, but in a single fucking meal!

Obviously, under the pressure of breaking up all that protein and drug molecules, his kidneys just gave up. If it weren't for his sister donating her own kidney to push him up the waiting list for kidney transplant, he'd DEFINITELY be dead by now. Pro bodybuilding...what a shame. :-[ :'(

SUCKMYMUSCLE

How fat or skinny is he now? Did he waste away as bad as Tom Prince did?

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2006, 09:18:03 AM »
How fat or skinny is he now? Did he waste away as bad as Tom Prince did?

Flex is rumored to be back on a light dose of sauce (HRT) and back up to about 215lbs from about 180!!!

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2006, 11:42:42 AM »
0% I love this shit. priceless. Anyone send me Mr. Wheeler's no. I'd love to present his case at next medical conference! ;)
The Dude Abides

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2006, 12:14:34 PM »
Sounds like a "one time, at band camp" story!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2006, 12:43:45 PM »
0% I love this shit. priceless. Anyone send me Mr. Wheeler's no. I'd love to present his case at next medical conference! ;)

What is the truth doc?How low is a realistic % for someone to be and still be alive?

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2006, 12:49:35 PM »
In case anyone forgot:

Jim Quinn said that they did a skin fold measurement which showed 0.0% bodyfat on Flex Wheeler at the Gold's in Venice one week before the 93 Mr. Olympia. He also said Flex was the only bodybuilder to ever do that.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2006, 12:55:17 PM »

So, how low can someone go?

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2006, 12:56:24 PM »
What is the truth doc?How low is a realistic % for someone to be and still be alive?

In all seriousness it's impossible. However maybe it is possible for the calipers to give a reading of 0%(it's unlikely) but as I haven't seen those calipers I can't say for sure they could not read 0%. Also calipers can't give you an exact accurate reading reading. I think hydrostatic weighing in a water tank would be more accurate but even that would not be 100%. Very lripped pro BB like flex and munszer in the past have probably got as low as 4-5% for a few days or maybe even a week. If you sustained such low BF for long you would could get very ill. To answer your question 0% is impossible and would equal death. Even if he had no subcutaneous BF there would still be some visceral fat e.g. fat around his colon etc.
the Doc :)
The Dude Abides

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2006, 01:00:21 PM »
In all seriousness it's impossible. However maybe it is possible for the calipers to give a reading of 0%(it's unlikely) but as I haven't seen those calipers I can't say for sure they could not read 0%. Also calipers can't give you an exact accurate reading reading. I think hydrostatic weighing in a water tank would be more accurate but even that would not be 100%. Very lripped pro BB like flex and munszer in the past have probably got as low as 4-5% for a few days or maybe even a week. If you sustained such low BF for long you would could get very ill. To answer your question 0% is impossible and would equal death. Even if he had no subcutaneous BF there would still be some visceral fat e.g. fat around his colon etc.
the Doc :)

Cool, thanks. In my experience bioeletrical impedence has even worse results. One time a machine claimed I was 5.5% BF, and I had never dieted in my life and was no where near peaked to perfection.

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2006, 01:05:40 PM »
Cool, thanks. In my experience bioeletrical impedence has even worse results. One time a machine claimed I was 5.5% BF, and I had never dieted in my life and was no where near peaked to perfection.
There used to be one of those in my old gym. Just like an electric scales. They are very inacurate. Yuo could probably use them to judge rough progress but not absolute BF% I got a reading of 7.8% once when I was over 10 on callipers. i would advise all BB's to use the mirror as their BF calculator. As I said to Alexxx, if people don't think you look in shape they don't want to hear about what you weigh and at how much BF.
regards, the Doc :)
The Dude Abides

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2006, 01:07:57 PM »
Wheeler has looked bigger lately.  Seems like all the 90s guys are blowing up all of a sudden. 

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2006, 01:09:22 PM »
There used to be one of those in my old gym. Just like an electric scales. They are very inacurate. Yuo could probably use them to judge rough progress but not absolute BF% I got a reading of 7.8% once when I was over 10 on callipers. i would advise all BB's to use the mirror as their BF calculator. As I said to Alexxx, if people don't think you look in shape they don't want to hear about what you weigh and at how much BF.
regards, the Doc :)

Thats not what you told me.
just push some weight!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »

I think he might have more credibility than you, Alexxx :)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2006, 04:06:08 PM »
I think he might have more credibility than you, Alexxx :)

Doubt it. Everything I say is true.
just push some weight!

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2006, 06:24:11 PM »

"If your physigue is not enough to impress youself/others telling them how much you weigh certainly won't"
I said this to you on your thread about being the strongest natural on getbig. Let's not be pedantic, it's  the exact same point. Also regarding credabilty, you posted pics so you have plenty in my book, although you are barely 200lbs in said pics. Good work on the 295 squats. :)
regards, the Doc
The Dude Abides

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2006, 07:29:59 PM »
"If your physigue is not enough to impress youself/others telling them how much you weigh certainly won't"
I said this to you on your thread about being the strongest natural on getbig. Let's not be pedantic, it's  the exact same point. Also regarding credabilty, you posted pics so you have plenty in my book, although you are barely 200lbs in said pics. Good work on the 295 squats. :)
regards, the Doc

I am gaining weight at a drastic speed. 238 and going up.
just push some weight!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2006, 09:42:59 PM »
Ask any real doctor if it is at all possible to have 0% bodyfat and 100% of them will say no.  Fat helps with lubricating the joints too.  No fat and you'd be one hurtin mother trying to walk and move with no lubrication in your joints.  You would squeeking and grinding with every step and moevement.

New York

• Getbig III
  • New York
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2006, 12:24:36 PM »
This female at the gym told me that she was 40% bodyfat. She weigh's like 170-175# @ 5'7. That seemed awfully high, what's the most a person could carry without keeling over?