Author Topic: Should You STOP Erythritol? (Erythritol causing Heart Attacks?)  (Read 2698 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Should You STOP Erythritol? (Erythritol causing Heart Attacks?)
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2023, 09:37:31 AM »
I mean exactly, so is that extra 15 grams of carbs coming from raw unfiltered honey, organic maple syrup, or just plain old sugar to put in your oats or coffee really a factor?
Trust me Jeffs not doing those drugs....he`s just being facetious.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2023, 09:39:09 AM »

no, thats not my stack
750mgs a week max total.

and not yet, start about 8 weeks out at that

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2023, 09:46:14 AM »
I'm not referring to Jeff I'm referring to bodybuilders in general, they're slamming rice/potatoes/oats/intraworkout simple carbs all day, but oh no can't have that extra tablespoon of honey in my oats I'm going to get fat, it boggles my mind.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2023, 02:43:02 PM »
I'm not referring to Jeff I'm referring to bodybuilders in general, they're slamming rice/potatoes/oats/intraworkout simple carbs all day, but oh no can't have that extra tablespoon of honey in my oats I'm going to get fat, it boggles my mind.

Jay Cutler supposedly drank a regular Coke after training. And it makes sense, you have both glucose and fructose there in the the form if sugar. OTOH he could eat fruit in it's original form and get the micronutrients and fiber too.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2023, 03:23:46 PM »
Jay Cutler supposedly drank a regular Coke after training. And it makes sense, you have both glucose and fructose there in the the form if sugar. OTOH he could eat fruit in it's original form and get the micronutrients and fiber too.
There's a "healthy" way to do that without getting that high fructose corn syrup from the coke, can easily just do some orange juice not from concentrate with some unflavored EAA'S in it with a bowl of white rice ideally organic rice from California if you're going to eat rice.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2023, 04:30:12 PM »
There's a "healthy" way to do that without getting that high fructose corn syrup from the coke, can easily just do some orange juice not from concentrate with some unflavored EAA'S in it with a bowl of white rice ideally organic rice from California if you're going to eat rice.

Why bother with that when he is taking boatloads of physically harmful drugs?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2023, 04:47:18 PM »
Why bother with that when he is taking boatloads of physically harmful drugs?
The dudes from the 70s all took drugs, all haid great hair, skin, never injured, no giant visceral fat guts, everyone could do vacuums, no kidney failure,  nobody getting blood work done every month, nobody checking their fasting insulin every morning and then checking their insulin multiple times throughout the day, they all trained twice a day 6 days a week all on no carbs, nobody losing shows because they were constipated, nobody not competing because they got "food poisoning" the night before the show. Diet is everything, gut health is literally everything, these guys ate real food.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2023, 04:12:43 AM »
erythritol tastes sweet and. Yes it will f u up if u use it on lots of stuff

A

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2023, 04:16:26 AM »
Sounds like BS.

That's because it is!  It is one of the "essential" Bio-Identical Sweeteners.   ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2023, 05:00:13 AM »
The dudes from the 70s all took drugs, all haid great hair, skin, never injured, no giant visceral fat guts, everyone could do vacuums, no kidney failure,  nobody getting blood work done every month, nobody checking their fasting insulin every morning and then checking their insulin multiple times throughout the day, they all trained twice a day 6 days a week all on no carbs, nobody losing shows because they were constipated, nobody not competing because they got "food poisoning" the night before the show. Diet is everything, gut health is literally everything, these guys ate real food.

Unfortunately your statements about 70s bodybuilders' health is not true.

Many of them had health problems and issues from taking drugs.

I was around in the 70s.  Some guys lost their hair.  Some guys were covered in acne.  Nobody had bloodwork done in those days so they were clueless about blood pressure and liver issues. 

It was well known that orals messed up your liver so you only did them a few times a year if you had any brains.

Larry Scott retired because of side effects from D-bol.

Sergio Oliva ate all kinds of junk food most of the time as did the other guys.  They cleaned it up pre-contest to get cut.

The top guys went to all-you-can-eat restaurants and stuffed themselves.

They over-ate, drank booze, did meth, etc.

The big difference between 70s and today is that they only used drugs for 6-10 weeks a couple times a year because there were only a few big shows worth entering for the top guys.  They retired much younger.  Arnold quit competing after 1975 when he was 27 or 28 although he came back in 1980 to promote Conan.

Today they stay on 24/7/365.  They carry much more bodyweight.  They stay with it much later in life.

It makes sense for today's guys to avoid Erythritol if it makes their blood sticky .

It makes even more sense for them to stop taking drugs.

Eating healthy will likely reduce your risk factors if you are a steroid user but the best way is to stop taking drugs period.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2023, 11:44:05 AM »

It was well known that orals messed up your liver so you only did them a few times a year if you had any brains.

It was "was well known" but ironically the worry about the liver has been overstated. If orals were really really dangerous I would not be alive. I've had liver function tests done after a couple years straight on Anadrol (!) as well as additional orals added in periodically and my enzymes were perfect! Bodybuilders have now found out that the liver isn't usually the problem, it's other stuff. For the first 10 years of my doping career I was almost always on Dianabol.

I doubt Larry quit due to Dianabol. What sides did he get from 10mg in cycles?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2023, 11:45:16 AM »
I agree bud!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2023, 11:47:04 AM »
That's because it is!  It is one of the "essential" Bio-Identical Sweeteners.   ;D
HA HA HA HA  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2023, 01:01:40 PM »
It was "was well known" but ironically the worry about the liver has been overstated. If orals were really really dangerous I would not be alive. I've had liver function tests done after a couple years straight on Anadrol (!) as well as additional orals added in periodically and my enzymes were perfect! Bodybuilders have now found out that the liver isn't usually the problem, it's other stuff. For the first 10 years of my doping career I was almost always on Dianabol.

I doubt Larry quit due to Dianabol. What sides did he get from 10mg in cycles?

He was losing his hair and had terrific headaches.

And who said he only took 10mg?  BS.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2023, 02:51:45 PM »
He was losing his hair and had terrific headaches.

And who said he only took 10mg?  BS.

Ok. It still could have been an excuse. Hair loss is hard to pin on just steroids. Everyone who is bald who thinks it's the steroids could be right or could be wrong. For headaches there could be multiple possible causes. Just saying I don't automatically believe someone, especially if they have been self-diagnosing themselves.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2023, 05:15:05 PM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2023, 03:27:07 AM »
Ok. It still could have been an excuse. Hair loss is hard to pin on just steroids. Everyone who is bald who thinks it's the steroids could be right or could be wrong. For headaches there could be multiple possible causes. Just saying I don't automatically believe someone, especially if they have been self-diagnosing themselves.

Good points.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2023, 03:45:02 PM »
Dr. Eric Westman, professor of medicine at Duke University is board certified in Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine and has a Master’s Degree in clinical research, with over 90 peer-reviewed publications to his name.