Author Topic: Dear Diary: a place for fleeting thoughts and daily ponderings.  (Read 16827 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Manlet's gonna manlet!
Re: Dear Diary: a place for fleeting thoughts and daily ponderings.
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2022, 07:04:04 PM »
Lately, I've been finding a lot of joy in revisiting the work of Robert Crumb. I've read his stuff since I was a young child and it never fails to amuse me. I love the way in which he simply laughs off the absurdity of our society and illustrates his mocking contempt for it. The honesty in his art is enlivening and admirable.

I was vaguely aware of his work, and that he was an ass-man like myself, but haven't read much of his stuff

It really boils my piss when I'm perving on a hot woman on YouTube or an article with her photo and it turns out she's married and/or has kids. Get out of my sight.

Hahaha - the same thing happens to me with InstaGram sometimes - I'm scrolling down an interesting feed, when there's a suddenly out of place 'this is my man and I couldn't do it without him' which has clearly been stuck in to reassure him she's not selling nudes.  Funnily enough, the men are normally of a type - tren build, some gym-wear tights with tight ankles, baseball cap, stylish beard, obligatory tattoos, occasionally seen smoking a cigar of some sort... ;D
T

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2022, 01:02:16 AM »
I was vaguely aware of his work, and that he was an ass-man like myself, but haven't read much of his stuff

Hahaha - the same thing happens to me with InstaGram sometimes - I'm scrolling down an interesting feed, when there's a suddenly out of place 'this is my man and I couldn't do it without him' which has clearly been stuck in to reassure him she's not selling nudes.  Funnily enough, the men are normally of a type - tren build, some gym-wear tights with tight ankles, baseball cap, stylish beard, obligatory tattoos, occasionally seen smoking a cigar of some sort... ;D

Yeah, lol, he's a total deviant and he always draws himself as one, too. My father had these comics of his carelessly lying around, and I'd just disappear for hours to read them and think 'what the fuck is going on' haha. You'd definitely find them funny. One of his post-LSD haze characters 'Angelfood McSpade' still pisses people off to this day. I don't think he ever intended the sketches to be hurtful - they're just satirizing everything and recognizing the attitudes and thoughts of people who'd rather pretend that they don't exist.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2022, 01:15:35 AM »

I was watching a really hot YouTuber go through her 'typical day' as a professional. As soon as I saw the second toothbrush in her holder I was like:

Something about the internet transforms me into a self-entitled objectifier of the people who put themselves out there, haha. She's not allowed to have a partner!