Author Topic: My once every ten years financial advice  (Read 4073 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
My once every ten years financial advice
« on: January 26, 2022, 09:50:13 AM »
OK citizens and noncitizens here ya go...

First quarter 2022 (that means soon) Black Rifle Coffee Company will launch their IPO. Could be worth a look. A serious look.

Keeping it bodybuilding related... coffee is a pretty good pre-workout drink.

Win every fight and never doubt your strength.
Tom
a

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: My once every ten years financial advice
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 10:43:16 AM »
I love coffee but would stay away from stocks right now.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 11:30:47 AM »
Fuck Black Rifle Coffee Company

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/19/black-rifle-coffee-who-disavowed-rittenhouse-silent-after-not-guilty-verdict/

Best compared January 6 Capitol protesters wearing Black Rifle Coffee products to “terrorist organizations that wear American brands when they go behead Americans.”

“Do you think they want to be part of that? And I’m not drawing a parallel between the two. I’m just simply saying here are things in business, when you grow, that are completely outside your control,” he said.

He added, “You can’t let sections of your customers hijack your brand and say, ‘This is who you are.’…It’s like, no, no, we define that.”

Hafer acknowledged its disavowal of Rittenhouse may have cost the company customers but said it allowed the company to “draw a line in the sand,” according to the Times article.

‘It’s such a repugnant group of people,” Hafer told the Times. “It’s like the worst of American society, and I got to flush the toilet of some of those people that kind of hijacked portions of the brand.”

Hafer added, “The racism [expletive] really pisses me off…I hate racist, Proud Boy-ish people. Like, I’ll pay them to leave my customer base. I would gladly chop all of those people out of my [expletive] customer database and pay them to get the [expletive] out.”

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 11:46:59 AM »
I love coffee but would stay away from stocks right now.

I've been waiting for a crash or big correction ever since Covid shut things down. I don't see how markets go up in this environment.

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 02:10:07 PM »
Fuck Black Rifle Coffee Company

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/19/black-rifle-coffee-who-disavowed-rittenhouse-silent-after-not-guilty-verdict/

Best compared January 6 Capitol protesters wearing Black Rifle Coffee products to “terrorist organizations that wear American brands when they go behead Americans.”

“Do you think they want to be part of that? And I’m not drawing a parallel between the two. I’m just simply saying here are things in business, when you grow, that are completely outside your control,” he said.

He added, “You can’t let sections of your customers hijack your brand and say, ‘This is who you are.’…It’s like, no, no, we define that.”

Hafer acknowledged its disavowal of Rittenhouse may have cost the company customers but said it allowed the company to “draw a line in the sand,” according to the Times article.

‘It’s such a repugnant group of people,” Hafer told the Times. “It’s like the worst of American society, and I got to flush the toilet of some of those people that kind of hijacked portions of the brand.”

Hafer added, “The racism [expletive] really pisses me off…I hate racist, Proud Boy-ish people. Like, I’ll pay them to leave my customer base. I would gladly chop all of those people out of my [expletive] customer database and pay them to get the [expletive] out.”

Tommy is just showing early stages of dementia. Had better hopes for you Tommy.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 02:21:08 AM »
I've been waiting for a crash or big correction ever since Covid shut things down. I don't see how markets go up in this environment.
We won't recover.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 03:45:23 AM »
Hard no from me. They did all they could to throw Rittenhouse under the bus. Then they said anyone who supported him was a racist. Did ya see the fuckin video, BRCC?

They bent immediately to the bullshit Rittenhouse Is Bad media storm in an effort to keep on the right side of the marketplace.  Straight onto the bandwagon they jumped. Opportunists. Hucksters & con artists.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 03:56:40 AM »
I'd never support Black Rifle Coffee.

Total phonies.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 06:12:56 AM »
Tend to agree.  There is this whole "Conservative, Inc." group of people on the right that are really just hucksters and marketers trying to capture a market segment or audience slice.  Wall Street Journal and FoxNews are the two biggest worst culprits, but having little alternative or decades of force of habit gives them huge audiences.

A lot of the Christian voters who have right leaning opinions and values are captured by this also ("Christian, Inc." is a subset of Conservative, Inc.)

Black Rifle Coffee seems to be in this marketing ploy category.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 09:43:14 AM »
Conservative people think that the police and the military have their back.  Wrong.

They'll have your back right up to the point that it might cost them some something.  Then all of a sudden it's going to be "fuck you and fuck your freedom".

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 10:46:05 AM »

Here's how  ;D

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 12:47:52 PM »
Conservative people think that the police and the military have their back.  Wrong.

They'll have your back right up to the point that it might cost them some something.  Then all of a sudden it's going to be "fuck you and fuck your freedom".

Very true. If it costs them their pensions or pay checks, then everyone should know damn well that the cops and military don’t give a fuck. They went into that line of work for the perks and pensions and money.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2022, 08:19:52 AM »
Very true. If it costs them their pensions or pay checks, then everyone should know damn well that the cops and military don’t give a fuck. They went into that line of work for the perks and pensions and money.

True.

The cops and military will do whatever who pays them says.

Cops have power issues and soldiers are trained to follow orders.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2022, 06:31:33 PM »
Tommy is just showing early stages of dementia. Had better hopes for you Tommy.

:D Early stages? I was thinking full blown.
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2022, 06:33:49 PM »
Hard no from me. They did all they could to throw Rittenhouse under the bus. Then they said anyone who supported him was a racist. Did ya see the fuckin video, BRCC?

They bent immediately to the bullshit Rittenhouse Is Bad media storm in an effort to keep on the right side of the marketplace.  Straight onto the bandwagon they jumped. Opportunists. Hucksters & con artists.

Interesting.  I did not see that. That's fucked up.

Thanks brother.
a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 06:42:25 PM »
I can't lie, I LOVE their coffee, their videos are awesome and patriotic. I have about $500 worth of Bass Pro Shop gift cards and used to use part of whatever gift cards I had to stock up on BRC, but sadly since they took that stance I have to steer away. Sucks!

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2022, 07:04:39 PM »
I can't lie, I LOVE their coffee, their videos are awesome and patriotic. I have about $500 worth of Bass Pro Shop gift cards and used to use part of whatever gift cards I had to stock up on BRC, but sadly since they took that stance I have to steer away. Sucks!

There are many who have disappointed us and been exposed over the last few years.  I don't like the stances of many a company.  But I do respect quality and service and a good product.  If there was something I absolutely loved and didn't think there was a suitable substitute, to be absolutely honest, I'd probably still use it.  But I am happy to see bullshit phoniness exposed and respect anyone who follows their principles.

You probably can't go see a movie today if you boycott craphole liberal actors or watch tv.  And sports is also full of this kind of stuff, way worse than the coffee company.   

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2022, 07:49:47 PM »
Interesting.  I did not see that. That's fucked up.

Thanks brother.

I wasn't aware of it either while it was happening. I probably heard it on ar15.com or 4chan pol. A search finds some disappointing quotes from the head of BRCC.

Just visiting those sites probably has me on an aus gov blacklist, lol.

Fwiw, I like my Baratza Sette 270w grinder. Even though it's plasticky and it's probably made in fucking china the design is clever, spinning the outer conical burr instead of the inner so sweet fuck all stale ground retention, no clumping or clogging whatsoever. I grind into a dosing cup. Pull the rubbers off the support arms and the cup slides right in there. I might get a second one so we can have espresso beans next to milk drink beans. Really happy with its performance for the last 12 months.

Disclaimer: That's just for espresso machine extractions, you guys. If you use other brewing methods that don't need a very fine and uniform grind there's no reason to spend a lot on a grinder. Don't use a damn blade grinder for anything (the whole idea is to have the grounds the same size so that they give up their flavors at the same rate. If some are big and some are small, you don't get what you want from the big ones and the small ones overextract and yield bitterness. So blade grinders, which can't control the size or uniformity of the grounds, make lousy coffee) but a breville conical burr will do just  fine for anything other than espresso.

Yes, you have to have a grinder and work from full beans because aromatics and oils are volatile and evaporate away, which obviously happens much faster with small particles than whole beans. You also have to use freshly roasted beans, which means fining a roaster and not buying supermarket beans. Ideally use beans roasted 2 weeks prior. There will be  roasting date on the bag.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 08:13:31 PM »
Tend to agree.  There is this whole "Conservative, Inc." group of people on the right that are really just hucksters and marketers trying to capture a market segment or audience slice.  Wall Street Journal and FoxNews are the two biggest worst culprits, but having little alternative or decades of force of habit gives them huge audiences.

A lot of the Christian voters who have right leaning opinions and values are captured by this also ("Christian, Inc." is a subset of Conservative, Inc.)

Black Rifle Coffee seems to be in this marketing ploy category.

Not sure it's a marketing ploy per se and more of just how they are. Listen to his Rogan podacst - he legit gave people jobs from other countries who assisted on them on the ground overseas.

He also  cleared the air on a lot of stuff.

I honestly can't remember it though.
Y

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 08:21:57 PM »
worst coffee I have ever tasted - complete garbage

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2022, 08:40:22 PM »
It takes a lot to piss me off to the point where I'm like "fuck you"

I heard the initial comments, I also heard the damage control.  Fuck these dudes for life.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2022, 05:40:59 AM »
It takes a lot to piss me off to the point where I'm like "fuck you"

Ah,no not really ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2022, 06:20:15 AM »
BRC advertises on Hannity's talk radio program.

Hannity promotes them and is a phony too.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2022, 06:22:40 AM »
Brutal financial thread backfire. The only way Tom wins this one is if BRC soars to the heavens. He could also win by tearing every disagreeing poster in half like a Chinese telephone book

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2022, 01:32:11 PM »
Fwiw, I like my Baratza Sette 270w grinder. Even though it's plasticky and it's probably made in fucking china the design is clever, spinning the outer conical burr instead of the inner so sweet fuck all stale ground retention, no clumping or clogging whatsoever. I grind into a dosing cup. Pull the rubbers off the support arms and the cup slides right in there. I might get a second one so we can have espresso beans next to milk drink beans. Really happy with its performance for the last 12 months.

Disclaimer: That's just for espresso machine extractions, you guys. If you use other brewing methods that don't need a very fine and uniform grind there's no reason to spend a lot on a grinder. Don't use a damn blade grinder for anything (the whole idea is to have the grounds the same size so that they give up their flavors at the same rate. If some are big and some are small, you don't get what you want from the big ones and the small ones overextract and yield bitterness. So blade grinders, which can't control the size or uniformity of the grounds, make lousy coffee) but a breville conical burr will do just  fine for anything other than espresso.

Yes, you have to have a grinder and work from full beans because aromatics and oils are volatile and evaporate away, which obviously happens much faster with small particles than whole beans. You also have to use freshly roasted beans, which means fining a roaster and not buying supermarket beans. Ideally use beans roasted 2 weeks prior. There will be  roasting date on the bag.

I have the virtuoso grinder for regular coffee which I use for pour overs and french press when I need to make more. Freshly roasted beans make a huge difference to me even with regular coffee. He roasts them the day prior to delivery.