Author Topic: Dorian Discusses Arnold And The 1980 Olympia  (Read 4046 times)

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Re: Dorian Discusses Arnold And The 1980 Olympia
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2022, 07:02:05 AM »
dorian lights out here

plus arnold is a scum bag who would sell his own mother to pimps if it meant he could make a dollar off it.  he has turned into a cuck

no argument, but would have beaten D one way or the other.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2022, 07:13:52 AM »
There's a strong possibility if Arnold and Dorian were to meet up for any length of time that 9 months later Gal would produce offspring strongly resembling a Guatemalan Oak.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2022, 08:01:20 AM »
no argument, but would have beaten D one way or the other.

Dorian would wipe the floor with Arnold on a BB stage, based on their respective physiques.

Can't base it on "if Arnold had the drugs".....
Y

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2022, 08:51:02 AM »
Arnold had mass with class, Dorian introduced that fat look to bodybuilding while having smaller arms, shallower chest etc. Plus Dorian later won with wrecked biceps that were way smaller on a keg of a body. Arnold may have downsized for 1980 but he looked good from all angles had good conditioning and destroyed everyone in signature poses.
It baffles me to this day Mr O can win with torn biceps, that's the main show muscle gone straight away, it shoulda been goodbye for Dorian and hello to the next guy.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2022, 09:04:27 AM »
I honestly think Arnold’s physique is flawed but he was such a skilled poser that he was able to conceal his weaknesses.  That said, comparing bbers from such wildly different eras is foolish, like comparing Bill Russell to Steph Curry or Terry Bradshaw to Peyton Manning.

Arnold is clearly the greatest bodybuilder of all time, even if he was perhaps not the best.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2022, 09:15:07 AM »
Arnold had mass with class, Dorian introduced that fat look to bodybuilding while having smaller arms, shallower chest etc. Plus Dorian later won with wrecked biceps that were way smaller on a keg of a body. Arnold may have downsized for 1980 but he looked good from all angles had good conditioning and destroyed everyone in signature poses.
It baffles me to this day Mr O can win with torn biceps, that's the main show muscle gone straight away, it shoulda been goodbye for Dorian and hello to the next guy.

93 version of dorian ass rapes arnold, the only thing arnold had on him would be biceps , dorian would ass rape him on side tricep  quads , calfs and from the rear  we will not even go there, conditioning to

that being said i wold rather look like prime arnold  :)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2022, 10:35:04 AM »
Dorian would wipe the floor with Arnold on a BB stage, based on their respective physiques.

Can't base it on "if Arnold had the drugs".....

I have to disagree. The kinds of drugs available, supplements, dietary knowledge, judging criteria all changed between Arnolds era and Dorians.

The kinds of people who become great in a given activity have the kinds of character traits and personalities that would make them successful in any other era.

It's not realistic to think that the difference in drug protocols wouldn't help arnold be competitive in Dorians era. Also the expectations changed. If it were necessary to be 275 lbs in contest shape in order to win I think Arnold would’ve been able to achieve that with drugs, supplements and diet.

Conversely if Dorian were competing in the 1970s he would probably do whatever it took to be competitive then.

However Dorians era prized size over everything else. I think this is something Arnold could accomplish. Putting on size , i think would be easy for a prime Arnold. But in the 70's where aesthetics, peaked biceps, a vacuum were important but legs and back weren't prioritized in judging, Dorian would have a harder time. Back and legs were 2 of his strengths and they just weren't that highly judged while large peaked biceps and huge chest were judged highly are 2 areas that Dorian lacked.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2022, 01:38:59 PM »
 ;D

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2023, 01:34:23 PM »

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2023, 03:29:23 PM »
Arnold would decimate Yates.

Pretty much.

Arnold would have breakfast with Doz on the morning of the show. During breakfast Arnold would call his mother and tell her he already won. Then he'd say "No, Dorian isn't even ready yet. They should have the show in two months. But then I'd get bigger too again so....ah what the hell.  If he retires this year he'll never be a 7 time mr. Olympia but at least he won it 6 times. Can you imagine how good I'll feel? 8 times mr. Olympia?"

Later a dejected Doz would be seen gorging on oranges in the shadows and Arnold would tell him his belly is bigger than Mentzers and even an elderly Frank Zane would crush him on stage.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2023, 03:47:25 PM »
Later a dejected Doz would be seen gorging on oranges in the shadows and Arnold would tell him his belly is bigger than Mentzers and even an elderly Frank Zane would crush him on stage.

That’s funny because I actually dreamt about Arnold last night. 

l told him, ''Arnold, you're making a big mistake going to Africa.''

He says,

''Why do you say that, Mr. Ferrigno?''

l said, ''Because Dorian’s already there slurping on a juicy piece of citrus…..in the shadows.''

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2023, 01:05:39 AM »
Mentzer looks small here compared to Arnold. Look at the arm size difference!

Mentzer looks like a fucking swimmer in that pic.