Author Topic: I`m off like a prom dress.....  (Read 8243 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
I`m off like a prom dress.....
« on: September 23, 2022, 07:46:24 AM »
I think I`m gonna` have to quit training due to gastroenterology issues.

My marriage has kinda` sucked for at the last 10 years......not that bad,but not that great either.

That`s why I decided after laying off and eating like a pig for 5 years after my lung Cancer diagnosis to enter the Masters Nats even though I`d be giving up 8 years,.....have done it before and won my class.

It seems like bodybuilding was all I had left and I know I have nothing more than a mediocre build but i`ve been doing it forever.

My wife says well you can still lift weights.....no concrete goal means no lifting for me not in my depressesd state.

I`ll put on some Allman Brothers buy some tequila and just fade away.

Fucking butchers killed my mother at 50 years of age when she had Colitus.

Well,I`m hoping for the best....if not a good outlook it`s "Whipping Post" and Jose Cuervo.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: I`m off like a prom dress.....
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 08:04:04 AM »
Get well, Wes! Health comes first my brother

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 08:09:13 AM »
Mental and physical health and well-being comes before training.
Hoping for the best for you Tim...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 08:11:52 AM »
Fuck off you GH15 elf. Hahaha. Kidding.

Get well bro. Take a vacation and hit some young pootang. Always the cure for any illness.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 08:17:00 AM »

Wish you the best of course, but why do gastro issues prohibit exercise?
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 08:23:02 AM »
  never give up WES, When I feel down,  I just think of all the people that have worse problems than me. some are little innocent kids who don't deserve the hand that life dealt them. then my problems don't seem as bad.
F

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 08:26:26 AM »
Don't give in Wes, you can beat this like you beat everything else. Tomorrow is another day , don't beat yourself up and come back stronger.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 08:29:56 AM »

My marriage has kinda` sucked for at the last 10 years......not that bad,but not that great either.

That`s why I decided after laying off and eating like a pig for 5 years after my lung Cancer diagnosis to enter the Masters Nats even though I`d be giving up 8 years,.....have done it before and won my class.

It seems like bodybuilding was all I had left and I know I have nothing more than a mediocre build but i`ve been doing it forever.

My wife says well you can still lift weights.....no concrete goal means no lifting for me not in my depressesd state.

Well,I`m hoping for the best....if not a good outlook it`s "Whipping Post" and Jose Cuervo.
there's other styles of training that can be really fun, hop on calisthenics and do cool looking shit for an old man

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 08:37:19 AM »
Thanks guys,I appreciate the support.

Grape Ape this is very embarassing but this is what happened to me 2 nights ago.....the night before my trip to do legs:

I was laying in bed in some boxers,then shit just suddenly came out of my ass.....I`m like WTF......then I burped and at least a quart or more of liquid came out of my mouth flowing over my entire face and head.......this happened for over 24 hours.....just ate 4 Tbsp. of Peach Yogurt......first thing I ate in days besides water.

The last time I had it I lost 40 pounds and looked like wraith.

Just got a lot of gear.,....PM me for good prices !!  ;D

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2022, 08:54:02 AM »
Wes, look at it this way, at least you’re not Shizzo.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2022, 08:55:21 AM »

Grape Ape this is very embarassing but this is what happened to me 2 nights ago.....the night before my trip to do legs:

I was laying in bed in some boxers,then shit just suddenly came out of my ass.....I`m like WTF......then I burped and at least a quart or more of liquid came out of my mouth flowing over my entire face and head.......this happened for over 24 hours.....just ate 4 Tbsp. of Peach Yogurt......first thing I ate in days besides water.

Wes, I would go see a doctor ASAP. It could be serious or it could be something simple medication can cure easily.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 08:57:10 AM »
Wes, I would go see a doctor ASAP. It could be serious or it could be something simple medication can cure easily.

Do you have acid reflux issues?
IBS?
Were you using something OTC to help with bowel movements?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 09:00:25 AM »
Wes, look at it this way, at least you’re not Shizzo.
He`s probably better off than me right now bro.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2022, 09:00:37 AM »

Wes serious question, do you think the peach yogurt was the culprit? Maybe if you had peach cobbler this would have never had happened?

Sorry to hear about your health man. It sounds like you walked this path before, what did you do then ?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2022, 09:01:55 AM »
He`s probably better off than me right now bro.

Not even remotely possible by the laws of the known Universe.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2022, 09:04:10 AM »
Here`s a post from a few days back to njflex:

Quote from: njflex on September 15, 2022, 03:07:26 PM

NICE WES,,,do you use any vitamins/supps 'preworkout'

Steve,I was using beet powder for the Nitric Oxide content thinking it would give me a better pump.....results inconclusive, but I ended up throwing that shit away......nasty gross tasting shit.....other than that 2-3 cups of coffee.

I also take Vit. C,Vit D, cuz I was told by my doctor I was deficient in it,also my TRT.....100 mgs. per week only,baby aspirin daily,plus my prescribed meds to keep me from being a depressed anxiety ridden mess. LOL  ;D

Gotta` buy some Zinc,Magnesium,Milk Thistle,and a few other things.

Lately I`ve been having digestion issues.....I had Colitus a few years back.....trust me it was no fun....I`m a small guy and I lost 40 pounds and thought I was gonna` die.....AGAIN !

So to try to remedy this......lately I have been taking a Tbsp. of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar diluted in cool water about 20 minutes before each meal,some probiotics,along with eating more pineapple for the Papain content, and yogurt 2 X a day for the active cultures,also Papya Enzyme tabs after each meal,fiber containing Physillium husk,.....seems to be working well thus far......it`s keeping my shit together ! ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2022, 09:06:53 AM »
Not even remotely possible by the laws of the known Universe.
I guess there may be hope for me yet!  LOL  ;D

I`m fucking depressed but I would never drink again or freakout until I see the doctor.....if the doc gives me the wrong advices.....he`s fucking dead meat.  ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2022, 09:07:35 AM »

I would keep your eyes on the prize. I think you can get through this.  Giving up training is the worst option.
Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2022, 09:08:52 AM »
Wes serious question, do you think the peach yogurt was the culprit? Maybe if you had peach cobbler this would have never had happened?

Sorry to hear about your health man. It sounds like you walked this path before, what did you do then ?
Ya` know,you just might be on to something there Dave.....besides that,I haven`t cocooned in quite some time.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2022, 09:10:21 AM »
I would keep your eyes on the prize. I think you can get through this.  Giving up training is the worst option.
As Mike Katz would say....."I`ll show them" !!

If I have to end up training in a different manner.....so be it.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2022, 09:10:36 AM »
It could just be a stomach bug Wes. Don’t give up yet. I’ve had stuff like this happen to me multiple times. Good luck.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2022, 09:15:31 AM »

You are still a role model for me, brother.  I know exactly how you feel and think about this.  Frustration is there but so too is our disappointment with ourselves.  For me, depression is like when I was a kid and someone would grab me and chuck me into a pool that was over my head. I cannot swim so I held my breath until I touched bottom and then pushed off toward the closest edge of the pool and ultimately pull myself out. 

That's life for all of us. You can still have goals and while they're not as high as what you had before, you still have to push off hard to reach each one.  And you will.

I am home again due to medical problems.  I get upset and then my wife or grown up kids (!) will remind me that per my doctors I was given a year to live.  That year is almost here and it has been my goal to reach it and keep pushing off toward the next side of the pool until I can climb out. 

I hope I am making sense here because again, I know and understand what is happening to you and want to encourage you that I think you can do this.  Lately my "training" has been reading about IroNat's training.  And your training.  And sometimes when he makes an entry and I catch it,  Prime's.

In '68 there was a movie called "The Swimmer".  In it, a man decides to run between homes and then swim across the pools in each backyard he jogs to.  That man is now you, my friend.  In all ways and for always, be well Wes.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2022, 09:16:45 AM »
Shit man, sorry to hear. Life has a way of taking its toll. It's hard to march through it if you're not motivated to do so.

But my 2 cents...

It doesn't necessarily have to be a choice between nationals or tequilla. There's a lot of shit out there thats worth exploring and sometimes it's just too hard to see when life's got you down. Whatever you do don't let your mind or your body stop moving... stay active.

Kayak, mountain bike, take up a martial art. For vices skip alcohol and try psychedelics. Just try new experiences.

Sometimes when you're forced to go through a change, it doesn't mean you've been beaten or that you have to give up. look at it as a rite of passage to move on to something new.

I know Robby Robinson get shit on here for various reasons but a quote was attributed to him once: "I don't plan on growing old, I just plan on growing."

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2022, 09:19:03 AM »
Very strange.

See a doctor.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 09:19:15 AM »

Dave I had Hepatitus B in the 80`s......105 degree temp for 6 straight days......106 is death.....on the 7th. day I woke up and signed myself out out AMA.......felt perfecft.

On the Colitus issue I figured it may have been hereditary since it killed my mom at 50 years of age......I lost 40 pounds existing only on a Tbsp, of mac + cheese at intervals plus water......one day not long afterwards felt great could eat again put ball my weight back on etc. etc.

I have a lot of similar stories but don`t want to stray to close to ESFitness territory but for a guy who always hated himself,somebody up there likes me!