Author Topic: America: Home of the Slobs  (Read 4583 times)

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
Re: America: Home of the Slobs
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2023, 01:35:46 AM »
I read it. The rampant obesity, along with the ugly "hipster" styles in general, really turns me off. I don't know if the deliberate uglification is due to asexuality or just plain laziness. This is what I posted a couple of weeks ago on the market-ticker blog:

Those might be factors.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2023, 01:45:11 AM »
Get a grip. “Everything THEY do is backwards” in an article that is supposed to be an “article”.

Have you lived or worked in a predominantly black town?

Did you go to school with a sizable black population?

Have you spent day after day with blacks for years anywhere?

Why did you capitalize “they”?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2023, 03:30:23 AM »
everyone is a rambo on getbig

Tommy was and is a badass dude.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2023, 03:31:59 AM »
Just an absolute mess.

This. Nothing else to say.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2023, 04:03:53 AM »
This. Nothing else to say.

Hey Rob,

Good to see you here, as you are another man with good character who recognizes this ugly decline.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2023, 04:07:15 AM »
I was having a conversation with an old uni friend a few weeks ago that turned into a discussion about these idiots who go out to public places wearing onesies and pyjamas. I consider it to be a crime worthy of death, but she put it to me that maybe it was my antiquated view of masculinity along with personal insecurities seeping through. I appreciated being challenged by her viewpoint because I don't think it is that. I just don't see confidence in the men and women who dress like children. I see silly, attention-seeking behaviour of the wrong kind.

I think that personal bearing matters. No matter your level of income, you can always be well-presented and clean. I don't own hoodies or T-shirts emblazoned with statements, and the only time I'll wear joggers and trainers is when I'm working out or at home.

Like it or not, we all judge based on appearance, and the way in which you dress is an indicator of how you wish to be viewed by the world. If you're walking around with your ass hanging out, hiding your face and wearing gloves and a T-shirt – you're trying to tell everyone that you're some sort of wannabe gangster. If you're dressed like Shizzo, you're telling everyone that you're a broken-down mess who's lost the will to live. If you're dressed well, you're saying that you're professional, organised, and you want to be taken seriously.

You could be a billionaire but if you're dressed like a child, you're still saying that you basically don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks. Perhaps there is some sort of working-class, Goodrum-esque insecurity within me that still needs to be unpacked, but I don't think so. I hope not.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2023, 04:56:41 AM »
I was having a conversation with an old uni friend a few weeks ago that turned into a discussion about these idiots who go out to public places wearing onesies and pyjamas. I consider it to be a crime worthy of death, but she put it to me that maybe it was my antiquated view of masculinity along with personal insecurities seeping through. I appreciated being challenged by her viewpoint because I don't think it is that. I just don't see confidence in the men and women who dress like children. I see silly, attention-seeking behaviour of the wrong kind.

I think that personal bearing matters. No matter your level of income, you can always be well-presented and clean. I don't own hoodies or T-shirts emblazoned with statements, and the only time I'll wear joggers and trainers is when I'm working out or at home.

Like it or not, we all judge based on appearance, and the way in which you dress is an indicator of how you wish to be viewed by the world. If you're walking around with your ass hanging out, hiding your face and wearing gloves and a T-shirt – you're trying to tell everyone that you're some sort of wannabe gangster. If you're dressed like Shizzo, you're telling everyone that you're a broken-down mess who's lost the will to live. If you're dressed well, you're saying that you're professional, organised, and you want to be taken seriously.

You could be a billionaire but if you're dressed like a child, you're still saying that you basically don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks. Perhaps there is some sort of working-class, Goodrum-esque insecurity within me that still needs to be unpacked, but I don't think so. I hope not.

Truth!

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2023, 04:59:51 AM »
I wear old raggedy clothes in most situations.  I like it when people underestimate me, i consider it an advantage

“Hold more than you show, speak less than you know”

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2023, 05:12:46 AM »
I wear old raggedy clothes in most situations.  I like it when people underestimate me, i consider it an advantage

“Hold more than you show, speak less than you know”

How have people shown you they underestimated you because of of your raggedy clothes?

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2023, 07:44:20 AM »
Have you lived or worked in a predominantly black town?

Did you go to school with a sizable black population?

Have you spent day after day with blacks for years anywhere?

Why did you capitalize “they”?

Partially yes on 1 (30 percent Black). Yes on 2. No on 3 (well actually yes during one phase of my various jobs). Look up racism in dictionary. It is the reason I capitalized THEY: meaning every single one, treat all as though there are no exceptions. I started reading that article because I was interested in the topic. Then I went WHOA, this is weird.

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2023, 08:21:02 AM »
but she put it to me that maybe it was my antiquated view of masculinity along with personal insecurities seeping through.

You actually know people who think like this? Amazing!

I've been reading about all this "woke" stuff for the past 10 years or so. But I've never met anyone personally who thinks like that.

Are you a recent university graduate?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2023, 08:42:32 AM »
Tommy was and is a badass dude.
Fucking eh bro.....board legend also.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2023, 08:45:57 AM »
Partially yes on 1 (30 percent Black). Yes on 2. No on 3 (well actually yes during one phase of my various jobs). Look up racism in dictionary. It is the reason I capitalized THEY: meaning every single one, treat all as though there are no exceptions. I started reading that article because I was interested in the topic. Then I went WHOA, this is weird.

The author has in numerous articles and comments made it known that he recognizes blacks as both individual and as a group, as do I. When I speak of blacks, I use the word they also because I believe it’s reasonable to assume adults know I’m not speaking of each and every individual black. The same goes for women, men, or any race of people.

Are you concerned that some people don’t like blacks generally or want to stay away from them?  If so, why?

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2023, 08:46:57 AM »
You actually know people who think like this? Amazing!

I've been reading about all this "woke" stuff for the past 10 years or so. But I've never met anyone personally who thinks like that.

Are you a recent university graduate?

God, yes I know quite a few people like this now. Fairly recently, yeah - we completed postgrad together some years ago. She's an American legal professional in the field of human rights now, so it's to be expected, haha. She was fairly in jest with the comment and ended up largely agreeing with me, but she is much more open and laid back than I am.

Some of the most unbearably ignorant, self-assured and just downright stupid people are to be found in our governmental and non-governmental institutions. I wouldn't class her as one, though. She's just a bit of a hippy at heart.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2023, 09:07:00 AM »
Haven't read the article but  bssed on the comments here...

There's a difference between being poor and being a slob.

Even poor people in the USA usually have multiple cars, multiple televisions,  computers, smart phones etc...

In fact in America todaydying from complications of over eating far outweighs any threat of starvation. I mean99% of human existence (roughly a million years give or take?) starvation was a real threat and a strong possibility if a family or village didn't prepare. In the last 50 years or so too much food is a bigger problem than lack of food. (Unless you're a pro bodybuilder,  of course)

As to slobs. Yeah, I think blaming race is missing the point a little bit. It's more "culture" and the glorification of ghetto culture.

I talk to people about this all the time. Black people always think they're being prejudged due to racism. But think about it if two people show up to a job interview and both a similarly educated and qualified. The first candidate is black, is well spoken, dressed professionally and has a respectful demeanor. The second candidate is white, wearing sagging pants, loud name brand casual clothes, uses slang , informal tone and appears aloof and disrespectful. Who would you hire?

Mohammed Omari

• Getbig III
  • Ham-ass
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2023, 09:12:41 AM »

Even poor people in the USA usually have multiple cars, multiple televisions,  computers, smart phones etc...

In fact in America todaydying from complications of over eating far outweighs any threat of starvation. I mean99% of human existence (roughly a million years give or take?) starvation was a real threat and a strong possibility if a family or village didn't prepare. In the last 50 years or so too much food is a bigger problem than lack of food. (Unless you're a pro bodybuilder,  of course)

As to slobs. Yeah, I think blaming race is missing the point a little bit. It's more "culture" and the glorification of ghetto culture.

I talk to people about this all the time. Black people always think they're being prejudged due to racism. But think about it if two people show up to a job interview and both a similarly educated and qualified. The first candidate is black, is well spoken, dressed professionally and has a respectful demeanor. The second candidate is white, wearing sagging pants, loud name brand casual clothes, uses slang , informal tone and appears aloof and disrespectful. Who would you hire?

The White guy.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2023, 09:35:31 AM »
Does anyone here give a damn about the term “racist” anymore?

Some blacks dress well. That’s not a revelation to anyone who has protracted up-close experience with blacks, including myself. I and others are aware of variation in blacks.

Re: Iowa and WV. Again, not a revelation, and the author is obviously aware of the growing number of white slobs and degenerates in the US.

Yes, many whites mimic blacks, which is flagrantly obvious to anyone who leaves their homes and turns on computers, smart phones, and televisions.

Huge BINGO!

The word racist is now meaningless. Just an empty nothing word. When I hear the word “racist” I only smile and laugh.

Back in the day, if you called someone a racist you better have real proof and real evidence or your ass was getting beaten or even killed.

Now- if I don’t want to date a black I'm racist. If I don’t have black training partners in the gym I’m racist. Hell- if I want to buy drugs from a Mexican and not a black- I’m racist.

Racist. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!
a

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2023, 09:56:56 AM »
Huge BINGO!

The word racist is now meaningless. Just an empty nothing word. When I hear the word “racist” I only smile and laugh.

Back in the day, if you called someone a racist you better have real proof and real evidence or your ass was getting beaten or even killed.

Now- if I don’t want to date a black I'm racist. If I don’t have black training partners in the gym I’m racist. Hell- if I want to buy drugs from a Mexican and not a black- I’m racist.

Racist. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!

Exactly.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2023, 02:26:31 PM »
How have people shown you they underestimated you because of of your raggedy clothes?

Biggest example is with my rental properties.  I take great efforts to conceal the fact that I’m the owner.  When a tenant refers to me as the landlord I’m quick to retort, “no I’m just the property manager.  If I owned this building I could probably afford some nicer clothes!” And then we both laugh, with them being none the wiser.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2023, 03:14:41 PM »

The white man of course

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2023, 03:53:31 PM »
Biggest example is with my rental properties.  I take great efforts to conceal the fact that I’m the owner.  When a tenant refers to me as the landlord I’m quick to retort, “no I’m just the property manager.  If I owned this building I could probably afford some nicer clothes!” And then we both laugh, with them being none the wiser.

Got it.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2023, 04:53:07 PM »
Blacks and Hispanics have higher obesity rates than whites but the white population is much larger in the US, so, the median fat fuck is white.

But as a group, black women are the fattest people on the planet.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2023, 05:24:42 PM »
The white man of course

You would hire shitzo, tbombz, bhanky, over wiggs, or Goodrum?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2023, 05:25:41 PM »

Dress like this and you’ll get the job anywhere

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2023, 06:48:17 PM »
If mankind doesn’t quit with all this horseshit, our species might just come to a halt.

(I’m talking about the gender idiocy.)

As another says, test and sperm is dropping in men. Coupled with the Leftards working feverishly to destroy what nature intends, there might come a day when a female CANNOT become impregnated.

Like that movie. Forget the name.

This is a VERY real possibility.