Author Topic: America: Home of the Slobs  (Read 4574 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: America: Home of the Slobs
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2023, 06:54:25 PM »
Haven't read the article but  bssed on the comments here...

There's a difference between being poor and being a slob.

Even poor people in the USA usually have multiple cars, multiple televisions,  computers, smart phones etc...

In fact in America todaydying from complications of over eating far outweighs any threat of starvation. I mean99% of human existence (roughly a million years give or take?) starvation was a real threat and a strong possibility if a family or village didn't prepare. In the last 50 years or so too much food is a bigger problem than lack of food. (Unless you're a pro bodybuilder,  of course)

As to slobs. Yeah, I think blaming race is missing the point a little bit. It's more "culture" and the glorification of ghetto culture.

I talk to people about this all the time. Black people always think they're being prejudged due to racism. But think about it if two people show up to a job interview and both a similarly educated and qualified. The first candidate is black, is well spoken, dressed professionally and has a respectful demeanor. The second candidate is white, wearing sagging pants, loud name brand casual clothes, uses slang , informal tone and appears aloof and disrespectful. Who would you hire?

Minor point of contention.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2023, 06:57:54 PM »

But as a group, black women are the fattest people on the planet.
Leave Goodrum out of this!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2023, 06:59:40 PM »
Leave Goodrum out of this!

We need affirmative action for folks glands.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2023, 07:38:15 PM »
The author has in numerous articles and comments made it known that he recognizes blacks as both individual and as a group, as do I. When I speak of blacks, I use the word they also because I believe it’s reasonable to assume adults know I’m not speaking of each and every individual black. The same goes for women, men, or any race of people.

Are you concerned that some people don’t like blacks generally or want to stay away from them?  If so, why?

Well I thought I might be over-reacting so I skimmed the article again (a lot of which I agree with in terms of the American slob factor). Call me unconvinced. He says, “well, we would expect this of black males because well everybody knows they are of lower intelligence than white males.” (or some such) You’ve got to be kidding? You don’t see that as a blatantly racist statement? I think it is perfectly fine for anybody and everybody to discriminate as they chose in their private lives. Even most states allow you to discriminate if it is a small unit family home you are renting. But businesses treating one entire group one way and another group another way, or making statements like all Jews are cheap or all Blacks are of lower intelligence: that is textbook racism and this writer fully qualifies.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2023, 07:41:35 PM »
Well I thought I might be over-reacting so I skimmed the article again (a lot of which I agree with in terms of the American slob factor). Call me unconvinced. He says, “well, we would expect this of black males because well everybody knows they are of lower intelligence than white males.” (or some such) You’ve got to be kidding? You don’t see that as a blatantly racist statement? I think it is perfectly fine for anybody and everybody to discriminate as they chose in their private lives. Even most states allow you to discriminate if it is a small unit family home you are renting. But businesses treating one entire group one way and another group another way, or making statements like all Jews are cheap or all Blacks are of lower intelligence: that is textbook racism and this writer fully qualifies.

Good luck convincing this crowd.  LMFAO.   ;D

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2023, 07:43:08 PM »

Well, I sometimes get the impression they feel like everybody agrees with them???

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2023, 07:46:53 PM »
Well, I sometimes get the impression they feel like everybody agrees with them???

Mostly everyone on here does. 

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2023, 08:14:10 PM »

87.696969  percent of the posts here you would think it’s a white nationalist board

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2023, 08:33:07 PM »
I wear $5 kmart tshirts and running shorts. I'm doing drywall. I need clothes that let me move and that I can get glue on without caring. Pretty much all my clothes are work wear.

Compression clothes are great in hot weather if you don't mind looking like a fruitcake. Sponge some water on and it's like wearing air conditioning.

Idk why tradesmen in the US ever wore denim. You can't move in jeans. Go climb a scaffold in jeans. Or that carhartt shit. And if it doesn't suck bad enough do it after getting rained on.

Apparently you guys are more focused on other people's perception of your clothes than their functional purpose. I don't need my clothes to send a message, i just need them to stay out of my way.

People who dress wishfully are unfortunate. Bad bodies on display. Please wear more or exercise more.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2023, 08:54:12 PM »
I didn't read the article, but in regards to clothes and style one thing I do know is if you have a good physique you can make a $5 Hanes t-shirt look amazing.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2023, 11:28:35 PM »
I wear $5 kmart tshirts and running shorts. I'm doing drywall. I need clothes that let me move and that I can get glue on without caring. Pretty much all my clothes are work wear.

Compression clothes are great in hot weather if you don't mind looking like a fruitcake. Sponge some water on and it's like wearing air conditioning.

Idk why tradesmen in the US ever wore denim. You can't move in jeans. Go climb a scaffold in jeans. Or that carhartt shit. And if it doesn't suck bad enough do it after getting rained on.

Apparently you guys are more focused on other people's perception of your clothes than their functional purpose. I don't need my clothes to send a message, i just need them to stay out of my way.

People who dress wishfully are unfortunate. Bad bodies on display. Please wear more or exercise more.

Did you read the article?

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2023, 12:04:09 AM »

Haha, I'm sure I don't need to clarify but will anyway. I'd absolutely be wearing the same stuff if I were in your profession; it's work-appropriate wear. I'd be a bit surprised if my surgeon turned up to do my operation in a tuxedo. I wouldn't wear the same stuff to dinner, though. Mine's just a general point that people should care about presenting themselves in a way that says they respect themselves and they respect others. Physical fitness is an important aspect of that too. Also agree with Beakdoctor's points.

I remember last year when I went out to dinner with various colleagues from the area, and this one effeminate, pube-headed little weasel decided to wear shorts and flip-flops. The barman came over and said he was trialing a new drink - if we liked them, we could pay full price (which was cheap), and if we didn't we could just pay half. Naturally, Pube Head had three and then said they weren't that good and paid half price before scurrying off early in his stupid little gym outfit. I've never wanted to torture someone to death so much in my life.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2023, 12:09:56 AM »
Dress like this and you’ll get the job anywhere

Look at Ronnie's eyes. You can tell he knows that the real Mr Olympia is swinging freely in Nasser's fine, bespoke trousers! What's he packing down there, Bevo? Seven, eight inches at least?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2023, 12:22:15 AM »
Look at Ronnie's eyes. You can tell he knows that the real Mr Olympia is swinging freely in Nasser's fine, bespoke trousers! What's he packing down there, Bevo? Seven, eight inches at least?

Allow me Bevo.  Yes, PS.  7 or 8 for sure and that's dieted down.  Nasser's offseason hog was probably in the vicinity of 9.125.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2023, 12:35:16 AM »
87.696969  percent of the posts here you would think it’s a white nationalist board
The other 13% gay?

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2023, 12:37:44 AM »
Allow me Bevo.  Yes, PS.  7 or 8 for sure and that's dieted down.  Nasser's offseason hog was probably in the vicinity of 9.125.

Christ, that's impressive. Thank you, Abe. Nasser's offseason hog was a force to be reckoned with.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2023, 12:54:19 AM »

Aside from Dorians which was never the talk of the town despite being a Mr O with one of the best backs ever, the 90’s bbers were not only known for some of the best physiques ever, but it was an era of impressive hogs

Look at this line up

Ronnie
Flex
Levrone
Vince taylor
Dillett
Craig Titus , who was known around the industry to have a massive hog
Mike Francois
Rodney St Cloud

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2023, 02:21:01 AM »

Yup, he’s racist. I’m not bothered by that.

Have you looked up average IQ by race or nation?

Why do you keep mentioning “all” when even a racist or so-called “misogynist” or “homophobe” or anti-Semite understands “not all Jews/blacks/women/homosexuals are like that.”

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2023, 02:30:07 AM »

Truth is racism now?
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2023, 02:39:03 AM »
Q

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2023, 05:46:42 AM »

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2023, 05:59:33 AM »
Just curious, is this article writer allowed on social media platforms or not?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2023, 06:01:40 AM »
Did you read the article?

Nah I'm just here to talk shit.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2023, 06:03:00 AM »
The other 13% gay?

Probably truer than you joke. The more mainstream type hetero type bodybuilders may lurk but are remaining in the wings for fear of being tagged as members of one or other of those two groups.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2023, 06:17:52 AM »
Haha, I'm sure I don't need to clarify but will anyway. I'd absolutely be wearing the same stuff if I were in your profession; it's work-appropriate wear. I'd be a bit surprised if my surgeon turned up to do my operation in a tuxedo. I wouldn't wear the same stuff to dinner, though. Mine's just a general point that people should care about presenting themselves in a way that says they respect themselves and they respect others. Physical fitness is an important aspect of that too. Also agree with Beakdoctor's points.

I remember last year when I went out to dinner with various colleagues from the area, and this one effeminate, pube-headed little weasel decided to wear shorts and flip-flops. The barman came over and said he was trialing a new drink - if we liked them, we could pay full price (which was cheap), and if we didn't we could just pay half. Naturally, Pube Head had three and then said they weren't that good and paid half price before scurrying off early in his stupid little gym outfit. I've never wanted to torture someone to death so much in my life.

It's pretty good bro. Guns out. No shots. Drive a big ugly truck. Live by your wits and the sweat of your brow.

Hoist the sails, lad! It's not yet too late! Yar!