Author Topic: Dodge unveils last super-fast gasoline muscle car  (Read 2131 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Dodge unveils last super-fast gasoline muscle car
« on: March 21, 2023, 11:17:36 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/dodge-challenger-demon-muscle-car-fc9387b3dafd29ba8a0f18d3dd73fb15?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_11

The 2023 Challenger SRT Demon 170 will deliver 1,025 horsepower from its 6.2-liter supercharged V-8, and the automaker says it will be the quickest production car made.

Stellantis, formed in 2021 by combining Fiat Chrysler and France’s PSA Peugeot, says it can go from zero to 60 miles per hour (97 kilometers per hour) in a scary 1.66 seconds, making it faster than even electric supercars from Tesla and Lucid.

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Dodge unveils last super-fast gasoline muscle car
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 11:26:44 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/dodge-challenger-demon-muscle-car-fc9387b3dafd29ba8a0f18d3dd73fb15?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_11

The 2023 Challenger SRT Demon 170 will deliver 1,025 horsepower from its 6.2-liter supercharged V-8, and the automaker says it will be the quickest production car made.

Stellantis, formed in 2021 by combining Fiat Chrysler and France’s PSA Peugeot, says it can go from zero to 60 miles per hour (97 kilometers per hour) in a scary 1.66 seconds, making it faster than even electric supercars from Tesla and Lucid.

i can't believe any stock, street legal rear wheel drive car could accelerate that fast.

yes the 1025 hp engine is capable of that, but not with street legal tires,,,,imho.

fukkin cool tho.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 11:34:48 AM »
i can't believe any stock, street legal rear wheel drive car could accelerate that fast.

yes the 1025 hp engine is capable of that, but not with street legal tires,,,,imho.

fukkin cool tho.

Exactly. On a prepped surface with DOT slicks

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 11:52:48 AM »
The Tesla Plaid has over 1,000 hp and with AWD it can't go 0-60 in under 2 seconds. It remains to be seen if people can actually get the times Dodge quoted. The Plaid ran circles around the previous Demons and Hellcats. It was actually embarrassing how slow they launched.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 11:53:57 AM »
This last Demon will have to prove it can beat a Plaid consistently.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 11:54:51 AM »
The Tesla Plaid has over 1,000 hp and with AWD it can't go 0-60 in under 2 seconds. It remains to be seen if people can actually get the times Dodge quoted. The Plaid ran circles around the previous Demons and Hellcats. It was actually embarrassing how slow they launched.

But it’s a Tesla so it’s super gay. So doesn’t count. American muscle with noise to match wins everytime.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 11:55:21 AM »
Will it be extinct when pant-shitter removes fossil fuels in a decade???
Of course the kvnt will hopefully be a full-blown corpse by  that time, and not just a walking-dead zombie like he is now...

:D

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 11:56:40 AM »

Who wants to hear one though? Which one will be worth something in 10 years?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2023, 11:58:48 AM »
But it’s a Tesla so it’s super gay. So doesn’t count. American muscle with noise to match wins everytime.
Yes I like the noise but if you lose it cancels everything. What's the point of having a badass sounding car that's blocks behind a Tesla. If you wanna be loud you gotta back it up with speed.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2023, 12:01:36 PM »

Who wants to hear one though? Which one will be worth something in 10 years?
Have you seen the beautiful Vette in "For All Mankind? It's on Apple TV.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2023, 12:03:07 PM »
It’s not just about horsepower suspension and brakes are kind of important as well

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2023, 12:04:06 PM »
Yes, the top performance requires the stock performance tires (wide) and appropriate ethanol/gas mix.

That is stated in the article actually.

You can have standard tires for street use if you want.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2023, 12:05:32 PM »

The Dodge has higher top end speed I think.

Not sure what a Plaid is but saw a race on youtube between a Tesla and a Demon/Hellcat.

The Tesla was faster off the blocks but the Dodge passed it in the quarter mile.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2023, 12:22:31 PM »

Imagine seeing a Tesla at a classic car show and somebody caring about it. LOL never going to happen. The Tesla approach is that of a consumer electronic and while novel, it's just not going to have much car guy appeal unless forced on people that never had a V8. My dad had a '66 Vette among many other hot 60s cars but the Shelby Cobra Slab Side is my style.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2023, 03:15:06 PM »
It’s not just about horsepower suspension and brakes are kind of important as well
It’s not just about suspension and brakes steering wheels are kind of important as well

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2023, 04:14:33 PM »
The Dodge has higher top end speed I think.

Not sure what a Plaid is but saw a race on youtube between a Tesla and a Demon/Hellcat.

The Tesla was faster off the blocks but the Dodge passed it in the quarter mile.
The Plaid has gone 216 mph and they ran out of room on the road. I think it will max out around 224 mph. What's the Demon's top speed? I doubt it would be faster because the Plaid has superior aerodynamics.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2023, 04:29:14 PM »

Imagine seeing a Tesla at a classic car show and somebody caring about it. LOL never going to happen. The Tesla approach is that of a consumer electronic and while novel, it's just not going to have much car guy appeal unless forced on people that never had a V8. My dad had a '66 Vette among many other hot 60s cars but the Shelby Cobra Slab Side is my style.
I can see it at a car show. It is not a bad-looking car. The front end could be better. It looks great from the rear.

https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/2022-tesla-model-s-plaid-carbon-fiber-loaded-autopilot-anrky-wheels!-lowered!-full-front-ppf!-c-9799.htm

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2023, 04:35:33 PM »

Yup!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2023, 06:24:38 PM »
I can see it at a car show. It is not a bad-looking car. The front end could be better. It looks great from the rear.

https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/2022-tesla-model-s-plaid-carbon-fiber-loaded-autopilot-anrky-wheels!-lowered!-full-front-ppf!-c-9799.htm

I get it, it's sleek. But so are a lot of other forgettable cars.

I guess I just like my cars and women the old way....  ;D

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2023, 11:48:05 PM »

I prefer the Dodge Viper any day over any vette. Much more exotic looking, rarer, and v10

Vettes are a dime of dozen

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2023, 02:39:01 AM »

Looks a lot like the Mercedes C43/C63 coupe.

The speed though - I have a roadster that weighs nothing and that goes 0-60 in 3.7 seconds (depending on who you ask) with a 3 liter V6 twin turbo. I can't imagine what it feels like to get there in 2 seconds.

You are gonna need a straight road though - even my roadster slips and slides at the back when you goose it. These will get wrecked - most people don't know how to handle that much power, presuming it's RWD, it'll be a bloodbath on the first turn.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2023, 03:11:03 AM »
Yes I like the noise but if you lose it cancels everything. What's the point of having a badass sounding car that's blocks behind a Tesla. If you wanna be loud you gotta back it up with speed.

I’d rather cruise around sounding and looking bad ass and lose to a few cars than be the fastest and be quiet and electric. Just doesn’t do it for me. I just hate electric cars and when they stop producing gas vehicles I will never convert.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2023, 03:30:34 AM »

I prefer the Dodge Viper any day over any vette. Much more exotic looking, rarer, and v10

Vettes are a dime of dozen

I like the Viper.

They sound like ass though. V8 sounds a lot better - IMO. I have yet to hear a good-sounding Viper.

Here they put an exhaust on a Viper and it still sounds weak after all the upgrades.

This 2003 Cobra with a V8 sounds 10 times more badass than the Viper with the V10 in the video above.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2023, 03:33:48 AM »
Looks a lot like the Mercedes C43/C63 coupe.

The speed though - I have a roadster that weighs nothing and that goes 0-60 in 3.7 seconds (depending on who you ask) with a 3 liter V6 twin turbo. I can't imagine what it feels like to get there in 2 seconds.

You are gonna need a straight road though - even my roadster slips and slides at the back when you goose it. These will get wrecked - most people don't know how to handle that much power, presuming it's RWD, it'll be a bloodbath on the first turn.
The Tesla Plaid is AWD. 2 motors at the rear and 1 at the front. And there is room to grow because Tesla can add two motors at the front like Rimac did with their Nevera.

Tesla has made available better brakes to unlock higher speeds in the cars. They have been limited in speed because of breaking performance.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2023, 03:39:12 AM »
I’d rather cruise around sounding and looking bad ass and lose to a few cars than be the fastest and be quiet and electric. Just doesn’t do it for me. I just hate electric cars and when they stop producing gas vehicles I will never convert.
I want both. I want a loud-ass muscle car that's AWD and can beat a Tesla Plaid. Don't settle for less man!