Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Does God exist? Only half of Americans say a definite yes

<< < (4/4)

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on June 19, 2023, 01:33:59 PM ---You didn't demonstrate anything.  You posted some combination of your own comments and a cut-and-paste from an unknown source saying some undetermined number of atheists were burned as witches. 

No, assuming what you posted it is accurate, this does not prove that atheists were a persecuted minority because some unknown number were allegedly burned hundreds of years ago.

In the United States, atheists were not systematically denied civil liberties, unable to work, unable to vote, unable to enjoy public accommodations, etc.  Nor does that happen today.

--- End quote ---

And you say that after being informed several state consititutions still have a requirement that to hold office you have to believe in a higher power. If that doesn't ring a bell in your head that it hasn't been a level playing field for atheists, I don't know what else to say at this point. We can agree to disagree

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on June 19, 2023, 10:39:38 PM ---And you say that after being informed several state consititutions still have a requirement that to hold office you have to believe in a higher power. If that doesn't ring a bell in your head that it hasn't been a level playing field for atheists, I don't know what else to say at this point. We can agree to disagree

--- End quote ---

I wasn't informed about anything.  You gave me some combination of a cut-and-paste and your own comments.  Cannot tell which is which or where you got your info.  What is the source of your info?  You have a link?  I'd like to read it myself. 

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on June 19, 2023, 11:28:37 PM ---I wasn't informed about anything.  You gave me some combination of a cut-and-paste and your own comments.  Cannot tell which is which or where you got your info.  What is the source of your info?  You have a link?  I'd like to read it myself.

--- End quote ---
\
https://source.colostate.edu/why-it-matters-that-7-states-still-have-bans-on-atheists-holding-office/

knock yourself out..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version