Author Topic: arnold wasnt very strong was he and he didnt train very hard did he?  (Read 5858 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: arnold wasnt very strong was he and he didnt train very hard did he?
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2008, 10:37:45 AM »
With a max bench around 400 that's pretty solid in fact, that's definitely strong if not exceptional. There's no value to have gone higher just to satisfy a bluto's opinion. Some of the knuckleheads here don't get that while they can bench around the same thing that was done 30 years ago and the idea was development, not ego or numbers. Really no reason to have to be one of the strongest BBs around other than ego and the fact that some guys are just naturally stronger.

What i'm more interested in is whether he trained hard, which is hard to substantiate despite the many urban legends he and others propogate about him.

I doubt he worked out hard.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2008, 03:38:46 PM »
I doubt he worked out hard.
So do you think you train hard?

Moosejay

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2008, 03:40:17 PM »
RR trains hard, to this I can attest. He will almost cry telling you how hard he trains

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2008, 04:15:55 PM »
So do you think you train hard?

no, atleast I'm honest. I go to the gym everyday, workout for alittle bit and then do something else for the rest of my day.

if you really think arnold spent all his time bodybuilding he wouldn't be where he is today. be realistic here. everything you read in magazines is to motivate people and give them hope, he is fortunate enough to have good genetics and a good foundation. I did not say he didn't work out all I am saying is he didn't work out as hard as we are led to believe.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »
he was a ronnie perhaps

but no dorian

i think is safe to say

when it comes to training intensity and so on and so forth etc etc

Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2008, 04:29:01 PM »

if you really think arnold spent all his time bodybuilding he wouldn't be where he is today. be realistic here. everything you read in magazines is to motivate people and give them hope, he is fortunate enough to have good genetics and a good foundation. I did not say he didn't work out all I am saying is he didn't work out as hard as we are led to believe.

Not quite. He DID spend lots of time BB for years, in fact his initial tough life as an immigrant was once/twice daily workouts, a little sun, occasional college classes and various encounters in party-central Venice of the 60s and 70s.

He spent plenty of time training, he was essentially paid to, the question's whether he really worked hard, as claimed for decades. By no means was he a slouch in the gym but i'm curious as to the intensity he used.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2008, 04:42:08 PM »
Not quite. He DID spend lots of time BB for years, in fact his initial tough life as an immigrant was once/twice daily workouts, a little sun, occasional college classes and various encounters in party-central Venice of the 60s and 70s.

He spent plenty of time training, he was essentially paid to, the question's whether he really worked hard, as claimed for decades. By no means was he a slouch in the gym but i'm curious as to the intensity he used.

in the beginning, of course he worked out hard because he had to. no denying that. i agree with your point.

once he reached his ideal, it couldn't have been very hard for him to get back into shape when he needed to. ∴ I doubt he had a high intensity to his training.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2008, 04:49:36 PM »
in the beginning, of course he worked out hard because he had to. no denying that. i agree with your point.

once he reached his ideal, it couldn't have been very hard for him to get back into shape when he needed to. ∴ I doubt he had a high intensity to his training.

Actually that's backwards; he was training more frequently and longer later in his career using things like the double-split, to refine what had been built earlier.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »
maybe

you might have burned me on this one lol