Author Topic: So Spin, To prove my point.  (Read 1183 times)

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
So Spin, To prove my point.
« on: January 28, 2010, 05:26:52 AM »
These ranking don't mean shit!

All these fighters need to be ranked by other fighters period.

How in the hell is Forrest rated higher than Anderson? Are you fuckin kidding me?

King Mo 23rd? I could go on & on.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/rankings
Giving 110%

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: So Spin, To prove my point.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 07:14:55 AM »
Hickson proving why Mindspin doesn't know shit ( again).

Forget about him being ranked above Anderson ( even though Anderson TKO's him in one round). He's also above Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort and Thiago Silva-- three guys that would absolutely destroy Forrest imo.

Also, let's bare in mind that Forrest is ranked above Anderson even though Anderson beat him badly-- yet Forrest is ranked #6 while Tito Ortiz is ranked # 19, even though Forrest beat Tito.

I actually like Forrest, but his ranking is exactly why these polls are nonsense.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 07:18:27 AM »
Hickson proving why Mindspin doesn't know shit ( again).

Forget about him being ranked above Anderson ( even though Anderson TKO's him in one round). He's also above Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort and Thiago Silva-- three guys that would absolutely destroy Forrest imo.

Also, let's bare in mind that Forrest is ranked above Anderson even though Anderson beat him badly-- yet Forrest is ranked #6 while Tito Ortiz is ranked # 19, even though Forrest beat Tito.

I actually like Forrest, but his ranking is exactly why these polls are nonsense.

Sorry bro, I'll stop!

It's just this topic irritates me.
Giving 110%

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 07:22:44 AM »
Nah bro continue-- by all means.

I agree with you 100%

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:47:48 AM »
I don't like how Nick Diaz is ranked so low on both those lists, he hasn't lost in 2 years, while Zaromkis (who is an impressive fighter) is ranked higher than Nick, with only having gone about 1 year without losing.  I guess that will change on Saturday huh?  Zaromskis is entertaining, but once the fight hits the ground he's toast.
Predictions
 40/61

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 10:54:25 AM »
CockSpin will avoid this one, just like he avoids posting proof of Fedor's fights being fixed
I dont like twinks.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 10:56:43 AM »
whats even more bs about the rankings is a guy with a 4-1 record being ranked #2 in the world.  His wins came against a nobody, a never was, and a washed up old man.
I dont like twinks.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »
I agree 100% fellas!

Want I want to know is the way to get this more out in the open?

I feel that since MMA is still such a young sport that we fans can make a difference where other sports went wrong. "off soapbox"

I know that unless you got $$ then just watch the fight but there has to be more fighters out there there that feel my pain.

Sorry / rant!
Giving 110%

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »
cockspin avoiding this one like the plague
I dont like twinks.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 09:35:22 AM »
I'm not avoiding anything.  I don't spend all day on these boards ::)  I just stumbled on this one.

You make my point for me.  If you're going to go by these rankings to say that Fedor is the CURRENT best heavyweight, then you also have to go by these rankings and admit that he is not fighting the best heavyweights, since according to the rankings most are UFC fighters.

BTW, f you actually take the time to read how the "consensus" rankings are compiled, you'll notice that it is a simple formula that compiles the rankings of the top 20 MMA websites, some of which allow for subjective rankings and other which do not.  The bottom line?  They are meant as a way to get an overall picture of where everyone stands.  However, since you are comparing various promotions and/or fighters jumping in/out of weight classes, you're not going to get 100% accuracy.

If we had one Federation, there would be a lot less dispute.  I look forward to the day when one organization dominates above all others.  We'll have undisputed champions and unified rules.
w