Author Topic: taking amino tabs before cardio, does it really help?  (Read 4418 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
taking amino tabs before cardio, does it really help?
« on: January 09, 2010, 02:35:29 PM »
or its another scam?  ;D

i dont know if they help me from going catabolic but theyre definately helping me mentally..

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: taking amino tabs before cardio, does it really help?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:36:34 PM »
Then they work.   ;)

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »
Don't really need them if you're using a quality protein powder I figure.  Or eating qaulity protein before the gym.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 02:42:26 PM »
Don't really need them if you're using a quality protein powder I figure.  Or eating qaulity protein before the gym.

no i meant in the morning cardio, im dieting for my next contest. and im "worrying" of losing "muscle".

they help me mentally by thinking "hey im not going catabolic, i just took bcaa's"  :-X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 02:47:24 PM »
no i meant in the morning cardio, im dieting for my next contest. and im "worrying" of losing "muscle".

they help me mentally by thinking "hey im not going catabolic, i just took bcaa's"  :-X
If they help you mentally then keep it up.  They likely help with anti-catabolism somewhat anyway. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 02:48:53 PM »
BCAA r the first supps I ever used....Any time I plan on going on a calorie deficit I use them.....and yes on an empty stomach for cardio also....
DAWG

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 02:50:08 PM »
amino acid are useless. That one of the most fake stuff on the market of supps.
J

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 03:38:06 PM »
i assume you take your amino tablets then go do cardio for 45 mins or so then after eat you first meal. its probably going to take about an hour for any amino acids from the tabs you took to reach your bloodstream and be available for muscles to use. so it wont effect the cardio period of time at all.  but it would effect the period of time before the protien from your meal would kick in. although if you ate some meat the night before, you probably have some of it still digesting in yout stomach anyways.

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 04:00:43 PM »
I think aminos are good to have when you can't get real food.  they're not awesome, just okay though.
I

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
no.

wait for blockhead and his stories of training with pros...(food and drugs)
tank u jesus

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 05:11:26 PM »
amino acid are useless. That one of the most fake stuff on the market of supps.

::)
Amino acids are molecules containing an amine group, a carboxylic acid group and a side chain that varies between different amino acids. These molecules are particularly important in biochemistry, where this term refers to alpha-amino acids with the general formula H2NCHRCOOH, where R is an organic substituent.[1] In the alpha amino acids, the amino and carboxylate groups are attached to the same carbon atom, which is called the α–carbon. The various alpha amino acids differ in which side chain (R group) is attached to their alpha carbon. These side chains can vary in size from just a hydrogen atom in glycine, to a methyl group in alanine, through to a large heterocyclic group in tryptophan.

Amino acids are critical to life, and their most important function is their variety of roles in metabolism. One particularly important function is as the building blocks of proteins, which are linear chains of amino acids. Every protein is chemically defined by this primary structure, its unique sequence of amino acid residues, which in turn define the three-dimensional structure of the protein. Just as the letters of the alphabet can be combined to form an almost endless variety of words, amino acids can be linked together in varying sequences to form a vast variety of proteins.[2] Amino acids are also important in many other biological molecules, such as forming parts of coenzymes, as in S-adenosylmethionine, or as precursors for the biosynthesis of molecules such as heme. Due to this central role in biochemistry, amino acids are very important in nutrition. Amino acids are commonly used in food technology and industry. For example, monosodium glutamate is a common flavor enhancer that gives foods the taste called umami. They are also used in industry. Applications include the production of biodegradable plastics, drugs and chiral catalysts.
A

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 05:28:28 PM »
i like to sip xtend before and during morning cardio
w

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 05:29:58 PM »

::)
Amino acids are molecules containing an amine group, a carboxylic acid group and a side chain that varies between different amino acids. These molecules are particularly important in biochemistry, where this term refers to alpha-amino acids with the general formula H2NCHRCOOH, where R is an organic substituent.[1] In the alpha amino acids, the amino and carboxylate groups are attached to the same carbon atom, which is called the α–carbon. The various alpha amino acids differ in which side chain (R group) is attached to their alpha carbon. These side chains can vary in size from just a hydrogen atom in glycine, to a methyl group in alanine, through to a large heterocyclic group in tryptophan.

Amino acids are critical to life, and their most important function is their variety of roles in metabolism. One particularly important function is as the building blocks of proteins, which are linear chains of amino acids. Every protein is chemically defined by this primary structure, its unique sequence of amino acid residues, which in turn define the three-dimensional structure of the protein. Just as the letters of the alphabet can be combined to form an almost endless variety of words, amino acids can be linked together in varying sequences to form a vast variety of proteins.[2] Amino acids are also important in many other biological molecules, such as forming parts of coenzymes, as in S-adenosylmethionine, or as precursors for the biosynthesis of molecules such as heme. Due to this central role in biochemistry, amino acids are very important in nutrition. Amino acids are commonly used in food technology and industry. For example, monosodium glutamate is a common flavor enhancer that gives foods the taste called umami. They are also used in industry. Applications include the production of biodegradable plastics, drugs and chiral catalysts.

Bro I'm in meds school thanks for the comments but amino acids is the biggest lies in the muscle building business. AMINO ACIDS are very important for body right.. but if you eat normal you ll have enough amino acids for all you need.

When company tell that with amino acids you 'll recover better, and build more muscle, they try to get kid to believe at those shits.

Even pro builder don't take those shit.
J

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »
and btw don't trust everything in wikipedia ^^
J

doozejooze

• Getbig II
  • Get bit
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 05:50:46 PM »
Absolutely beneficial. BCAA's, especially on an empty stomaqch w/ a little fruit juice or water will absorb very quickly from your intestines thru your portal vein to your liver and into the bloodstream. They can be very good to keep the BCAA-Tryptophan ratio in check while training intensely!  Not a scam!
Rectum defendere!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »
heres a novel idea.........try it out for a few weeks, see if it makes a difference, if it does then keep doing it, if it doesnt, then stop doing it.

sometimes u gotta just go and try this shit out for yourself, as for myself i like taking some aminos before and after training.......i just started taking animal nitro by universal before and after training and i noticed decreased soreness and better recovery from my workouts, so id say its working, so ill keep it in the protocol.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 07:59:46 PM »
no.

wait for blockhead and his stories of training with pros...(food and drugs)
I was training with Mike Liberatore one time before we went to HOOTERS afterwards for post-workout buffalo chicken sandwiches and curly fries and the subject of BCAA's pre-cardio and INTRA-workout came up (oh, brother!) and his stance was this...

It's fine because it can't HURT. Dave Palumbo told him your body can mistake it as food or something edible and release insulin which is the antagonist but he would do it anyway because he believed it can't be enough insulin to set you back or for it to get in the way of the fat-burning process. He also commented on what a good idea for a calorie restricted pre-contest bodybuilder to sip on a concotion of EAA's, BCAA's and a little creatine during your workouts to keep muscle strong and intact.

I happen to agree.

On the flipside, I was training with Sarah Dunlap once and after a workout we went out for steak and pancakes and the subject of aminos during cardio or pre-workout came up and her stance was totally different than Liberatore's. She said...

"...dude, shut the fuck up I don't give a fuck about fucking aminos, Gosh! Where are my cigarettes... fuck... do you have a dollar? "

Or something like that...

- Block!
?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 06:50:27 AM »
I was training with Mike Liberatore one time before we went to HOOTERS afterwards for post-workout buffalo chicken sandwiches and curly fries and the subject of BCAA's pre-cardio and INTRA-workout came up (oh, brother!) and his stance was this...

It's fine because it can't HURT. Dave Palumbo told him your body can mistake it as food or something edible and release insulin which is the antagonist but he would do it anyway because he believed it can't be enough insulin to set you back or for it to get in the way of the fat-burning process. He also commented on what a good idea for a calorie restricted pre-contest bodybuilder to sip on a concotion of EAA's, BCAA's and a little creatine during your workouts to keep muscle strong and intact.

I happen to agree.

On the flipside, I was training with Sarah Dunlap once and after a workout we went out for steak and pancakes and the subject of aminos during cardio or pre-workout came up and her stance was totally different than Liberatore's. She said...

"...dude, shut the fuck up I don't give a fuck about fucking aminos, Gosh! Where are my cigarettes... fuck... do you have a dollar? "

- Block!

haha fukin great post block....
DAWG

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 09:41:19 AM »
Quote from: alan aragon
The benefit of supplemental BCAA on top of a protein-sufficient diet is basically an optimistic hypothesis.

It's not that it's anything harmful or counterproductive, it just hasn't been repeatedly demonstrated in the research as effective when a fair (isonitrogenous) comparator is used.

There's a single study done (the Scivation-funded one that's on its way to JISSN)  that lends support to BCAA supping on top of a preexistent high-protein intake. But, there are obvious limits to a single-study evidence base for any claim.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 12:27:54 PM »

I happen to agree.

- Block!

don't tell me you've gone soft? :'(

sippin on aminos during a workout, how girlie. do you think arnold did that?
tank u jesus

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 12:41:17 PM »
don't tell me you've gone soft? :'(

sippin on aminos during a workout, how girlie. do you think arnold did that?

Arnold drank shooters pre workout, ate racks of ribs between sets while sipping beer

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 01:05:38 PM »
Arnold drank shooters pre workout, ate racks of ribs between sets while sipping beer

that's the style 8)
tank u jesus