Author Topic: Getbigger - "Radical Plato", formerly known as "Ekul" has passed away.  (Read 32777 times)

threetrees

• Getbig II
Re: Ekul, AKA Radical Plato, is no longer with us.
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2016, 12:51:57 PM »
:-[
Please please please people. If you are depressed, drunk, a junkie, schizo, whatever. Get help! And don't be afraid of medication!!!! It's never too late.

Everyone love a comeback.

PIP

The person himself wants a comeback but he doesn't see it. That's when reality has drifted too far apart from one's wishes.

You can only understand depression if you've been there yourself and you can only understand his particualr depression if you've lived his life.

And help only gets you so far

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Pretty darn nice to see GetBiggers come together at times like this!

RIP, Ekul.

We'll all be seeing you someday soon.

Most of us .... anyway!

Thanks, Twaddle.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Incredibly sad news.  I hope he's found peace and that his family is able to endure.  Truly a shame.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
RIP....

Seeing this leaves me speechless. May he find the comfort he sought

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
The thing about help is, if you're already a pretty intelligent person, very few words can get through.  When the shit goes down, you can see the future - and the future is bleak, regardless of whether there might be a recovery at some stage.  It feels a lot like a prison sentence. 

You can see you might come out of it at some stage but first, you are condemned with spending a long time not wanting to come out of it -  because coming out of it is accepting whatever happened and what sentence from a therapist convinces you to accept a scenario ahead of schedule?  To me, fuck all could be said.

On top of that, you also know that even if you do manage to accept it (and you will learn to live with it, at least) it will be years, possibly decades before you get over it. 

If he was posting stuff on facebook, he had something he hadn't accepted.  The frequency of that should decrease over time.

I'd say I have almost accepted my particular situation.  I stopped dreaming about it about 2 months ago.  I used to relive it at least once a week, without the emotional filter (that is now pretty fucking great) that protects my waking thought.  I'd wake, fucked up as if it happened that day.  I couldn't even tell you how long it has been, every year has been a blur.  It is either 3 or 4 years.   I only just (like, a month) stopped posting my own sad cnut shit somewhere where I know the c u n t that did me up can read ::)

Time is the greatest therapist.  Time served learning to accept the aftermath of some shit. 

(Alternatively, you just meet some other delicious morsel but when you're an ugly guy who doesn't seem human beings as disposable (as I am), the road is wayyy harder, because there is very little chance of skipping all that time you know you must serve)

Anyway, that's just a slice of what sounds like his life was, for you - from the perspective of someone who is perhaps just about at the top of the hill.

blinky

• Getbig V
horrible.

depression is no joke. If you know someone who suffers...be there for them

PIP sir

:'(

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Something was really wrong with him and it was quite obvious.

blinky

• Getbig V
Something was really wrong with him and it was quite obvious.

how about dont be a dick for once and pay respect to the man

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
how about dont be a dick for once and pay respect to the man

I believe in his own way, that was respectful.  Very matter of fact. 

#FeelTheBern

blinky

• Getbig V
Why?  He wished death on tons of people, including myself a few times.  I am not shocked at all by this.  It was his choice and he knew full well the consequences.  Go back and read his posts about suicide.  He practically glorified it.  Its safe to say he died doing what he wanted.

Do you think he would want you to feel sorry for him?  (the funny thing about my post here, its sounds like something he would write if someone chose the same way out that he did)

He had a few interesting things to say, but he deemed us not worthy of his attention anymore and decided to end it.

Did not even consider us in the equation, or perhaps he did.  Anyways, he would not want some gay tribute thread.  He would want us to continue as always.  He always said thats why he remained here.

Why??? Because we need to realize that mental health issues are real and not a fukin joke( yes depression too). Who gives a shit what his past posts said. It was obviously a cry for help.

Go on being the ass that you are. Karma

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Do I really need to lock this thread? ::)

Start a new thread if you want to argue.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Twaddle

• Getbig V

Thank you.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

or simply ban someone

Joschka

• Getbig II
  • "Rubble don't cause no trouble" -- John Derbyshire
Quite sad.  He seemed like an intelligent guy, but as people already said he had a lot of issues.  I've been lurking on this board for a while, long enough where on occasions I'd see him online arguing with several different people at once just as I go to bed. I check the board the next morning about 9-10 hours later, and he's still going;  he'd stayed awake that entire time just to argue non-stop with strangers on the internet. That ain't healthy  :-\

I'm not an expert on mental health, but it seemed like he was using this place as some sort of medication/therapy for himself, if that makes sense.  When he started posting about his drug use late last year, that was a recipe for disaster given his history and what he'd revealed about himself.  I didn't know him personally, but 43 is far too young.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Shit.  Guy kind of reminded me of myself.  

Well Luke, you stupid bastard, I wish you'd stuck around and muscled through a few more rough times.  You didn't have a crystal ball to know every fucking thing that's ever going to happen.  There's lots of good stuff in the world.  You might have found your way to it if you hadn't bailed out.  If you were just going to kill yourself anyway then you might as well have gotten on a plane to Oregon and undertaken a quest for Bigfoot.  Fuck it, what would you have to lose?  Maybe you would have ran into a cute local girl who thought your accent was sexy and whose uncle needed a hand with his logging business.  Maybe you would have got mauled by a wolverine within 48 hours.  Maybe you would have found Bigfoot, or at least met a lot of like minded loonies.  I have no idea.  Anything can happen out there.  No matter how fucked up things are, no matter how sad you are, as long as there's life there's possibilities.  

And that goes for the rest of you.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Rip

I deal with depression all the time.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Quite sad.  He seemed like an intelligent guy, but as people already said he had a lot of issues.  I've been lurking on this board for a while, long enough where on occasions I'd see him online arguing with several different people at once just as I go to bed. I check the board the next morning about 9-10 hours later, and he's still going;  he'd stayed awake that entire time just to argue non-stop with strangers on the internet. That ain't healthy  :-\

I'm not an expert on mental health, but it seemed like he was using this place as some sort of medication/therapy for himself, if that makes sense.  When he started posting about his drug use late last year, that was a recipe for disaster given his history and what he'd revealed about himself.  I didn't know him personally, but 43 is far too young.

Well said..

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Great post.

He could be a bit contentious and surly at times but he really was a unique and interesting guy.

Hate to the see the board lose someone like that.

falco

• Getbig V
RIP.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
:

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
He had a lot of hatred inside him and that can eat away at the soul.  May he rest in peace.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
R.I.P. 
Must of been a Tortured mind set for him to end it.
Sadly reading what his family had written it was a know & ongoing
Struggle & problem.

We can but wish he has released himself from the Anguish.
And he is in a better place.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=580987.0

Damn, that guy had a rough life.

I forgot his stories about his dad beating the shit out of him growing up.

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
This is crazy. I found out a friend today committed suicide too, in Sydney too, only a few days ago. He competed in a few natural competitions a few years ago. I think couldn't get over the death of his mother a few years ago. He was a great bloke i'm pretty devastated by it.