Author Topic: Transitioning To Rugby  (Read 8135 times)

RunUpOnMe

• Getbig I
Transitioning To Rugby
« on: November 22, 2017, 05:34:00 AM »
Hey everyone, I have been getting somewhat passionate into bodybuilding for the past two years after a shoulder injury stopped me from playing more rugby and now I have decided to give it a go again. My shoulder seems to be healed up fairly well as the main point was rebuilding my delts to avoid separation. My upper body I believe is in good shape to play what I used to play (Full back) but I want to get my legs more powerful again so I can be more versatile. Some of my old teammates have suggested getting a weight sled and pulling that around in the fields, which is something I have seen videos of many NRL and even NFL players using so I think this might be a good idea. Thought I would post on here and see what everyone else thought of this, and if anyone had some suggestions of a good weight sled I could get or any other strength conditioning equipment that might help me in the same way. Thanks.

I met with some of the guys from the team I want to try out for at their club gym and they echoed that a sled would be a great idea to get my legs in better shape so that I can be a more well rounded player, and suggested that I look at used weight sleds for something that might work. I took a look online and found some good equipment on http://www.for-sale.co.uk/strength-conditioning. I was able to not only pick up a cheap weight sled to use, but also found a sand vest and a parachute for a pretty cheap price. I'm really excited to be getting back into rugby so the cost is not the biggest factor, it just meant I could get more strength conditioning equipment. Cannot wait for tryouts!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Transitioning To Rugby
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 05:54:27 PM »
Do you know where you are?

falco

• Getbig V
Re: Transitioning To Rugby
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 01:37:32 AM »
Gays RunUpOnMe.