and you wouldn't know the first thing about powerlifting boy

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Is that Quark Tripplehoe?

supernick

• Getbig IV
anybody noticed this?

all they do is fatten and bloat up gullible noobs who think they are accomplishing something by buring out their cns and jeaperdizing their spinal health for a few shitty ego reps with an unimpressive weight that is nonetheless too much for them to be handling properly

i blaim this man

yes yes, im done pushing my self inches from passing out on squats when i can simply do the leg press and look exactly the same.  i still however do like to squat now and then

Stark

• Getbig V
is this a rippetoe imitation

anyway

if it looks like a scam it probably is one

try harder nigga

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
yes yes bodybuilder why bench press when u can just do pushups why squat when you can just do jump squats ect ect

Stark

• Getbig V
a white guy calling a white guy a nigga

how the mighty have fallen

You're not white, your a white guy that happened to be black

cephissus

• Getbig V
rippetoe has written pretty much the only good book on general weight training, not sure why he gets hate?

because he looks like shit and encourages others to look like shit?  oh well, when you

a) write a "how to" book regarding weightlifting and spend 85% of the pages discussing the mechanics of basic lifts
b) manage to complete a barely having said anything stupid
c) spend a couple pages telling people how to do a basic program

you are light years past 99.99999% of everyone who has ever written about weightlifting.  i can forgive the throwaway philosophical bits.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
rippetoe has written pretty much the only good book on general weight training, not sure why he gets hate?

because he looks like shit and encourages others to look like shit?  oh well, when you

a) write a "how to" book regarding weightlifting and spend 85% of the pages discussing the mechanics of basic lifts

you are light years past 99.99999% of everyone who has ever written about weightlifting.  i can forgive the throwaway philosophical bits.
hahahahahah, brilliant.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Powerlifting community and natural gains
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »
Rippetoe wrote a good layman's book on weightlifting, while picking Bill Starr's bones and Glenn Pendlay's success. He is a good teacher of the very new, but the internet fellatio he receives is hilarious.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Why would we not hate a fat fuck who is not yet once seen prancing around in a thong for us  ???

cephissus

• Getbig V
Why would we not hate a fat fuck who is not yet once seen prancing around in a thong for us  ???

excellent point.  on second thought, fuck him!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 04:56:59 PM »
I like Rippetoe but his thoughts on squat technique is questionable. He's a smart crossfit coach though.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 05:32:15 PM »
if youre natural eating means gains, so Rippedtits is basically right

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »
Up to point, the problem is after a certain point where gains stop, Rippetoe's major answer isn't to tweak training, it is eat moar -

GOMAD before / after -

. .

:( .

That is where a guy like Louie Simmons shines, he may not get things right all the time, but he always working on something.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 05:48:04 PM »
I like Rippetoe but his thoughts on squat technique is questionable. He's a smart crossfit coach though.

His video on deadlifting is awesome.  I changed my technique and the difference was extremely noticeable.  Nothing bad to say about him except that he doesn't have guys oiled up in thongs lifting.  I mean, come on..when you combine weights + muscle = men in thongs.  Shit, any dipshit knows that.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
excellent point.  on second thought, fuck him!

lol

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 06:15:56 AM »
rippetoe tries to put words into ed's mouth around 22:35 trying to make ed say "yeah novices need to squat 2-3 times a week" but ed goes like "not really once a week can work for anybody"

http://vimeo.com/44122204

they totally wipe his dogma off the table and all rippetoe can do is "yeah.." them and go off subject

I enjoyed the part where the other guy insisted that Ed Coan was a better strength athlete than Pisarenko. Ed Coan dominated a sport with no real competition. Fuck powerlifters and their high and mighty attitudes.

LetItRock

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 06:31:40 AM »
I believe Rippitoe wrote some rational things that beginners and naturals to follow.

When I started BB'ing, I followed Rippitoe, Bill Starr's and then Stuart McRobert's methods/ philosophies - regardless of how they looked like. I think that gave me some good foundation but I am naturally not a strong/ powerlifting type. And as you gets more advanced, you just need to tries out what works for you and what not.

Regarding lean guy becoming fat blob, Dante (DoggCrapp) once said that the only way to become big naturally in quickest way is first become a big fat slob, then slowly stripped off the fat. Slowly - being the key word here.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 08:57:44 AM »
rippetoe tries to put words into ed's mouth around 22:35 trying to make ed say "yeah novices need to squat 2-3 times a week" but ed goes like "not really once a week can work for anybody"

http://vimeo.com/44122204

they totally wipe his dogma off the table and all rippetoe can do is "yeah.." them and go off subject

Great vid - totally forgot about vimeo.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 09:09:19 AM »

House of pain thong, per the advice of Tripplehoe