Author Topic: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?  (Read 163138 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?
« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2015, 05:37:11 AM »
You're better than this.  Watch how it plays out.   There were two things wrong:  the call, and the fact that they picked up the flag with no explanation.

I don't care about either team, but fans of Detroit have a right to be livid.

I totally agree the officiating crew royally fucked up by the way they handled it but go back and really look at that play.

If anything it was probably more offensive pass interference than anything.

The Lions receiver clearly puts his hand on the defender's face mask and pushes off.

This guy points it out in this video.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #351 on: January 05, 2015, 06:25:42 AM »
I gotta disagree with "terrible"

A few off throws yeah but at the end of the day he played turnover free football, 111 QB rating in a playoff game where he was sacked 6 times.

Throwin em a bone....he wasnt terrible    ;)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: January 05, 2015, 06:38:46 AM »
Here's the angle everyone is ignoring....conveniently LOL.

Detroit's defensive star Suh should not have been on the field yesterday.  He potentially cost the Cowboys 7-14 1st half points. Good on Suh though.....he did what he does best.

Lions fans received a late Christmas gift waaay before the Cowboys....AND YOU ALL FRICKIN KNOW IT.

Did that reversed penalty look like inteference?  Yep.  Hitchens didnt look back once.

Lions got a potential gift of 7-14 pts in Suh and Cowboys got a potential gift of 7 in a bad ref call....what we have is a wash.

You know how many years of unfair ref calls Ive watched against the Cowboys, Texans, Oilers and Spurs that potentially cost them "the game" LOL.

Fact is lions got neutralized in the 2nd half...that was their undoing.  Had they played in the 2nd like they did in the first that call wouldve been  an after thought cauer Detroit wouldve been up by 28.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2015, 06:51:20 AM »
Why do losing teams always blame the refs?  Fact is on a 4th and 1 early in the 4th Detroit decided to punt.  That's a losers mentality.  In the same quarter 4th and 1 instead of a field goal Dallas went for a TD and scored.  That is a winner's mentality.  Caldwell is a pussy scared coach.  Will get his team to the playoffs then call a scared game.  he did the same with Indy when they should have won the Superbowl.
By the way.  Why the fuck was Chris Christie hugging Jerry Jones?  Fucking hate skeezy politicians.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2015, 06:55:57 AM »
I totally agree the officiating crew royally fucked up by the way they handled it but go back and really look at that play.

If anything it was probably more offensive pass interference than anything.

The Lions receiver clearly puts his hand on the defender's face mask and pushes off.

This guy points it out in this video.

This is not offensive PI.

Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #355 on: January 05, 2015, 07:01:33 AM »
Here's the angle everyone is ignoring....conveniently LOL.

Detroit's defensive star Suh should not have been on the field yesterday.  He potentially cost the Cowboys 7-14 1st half points. Good on Suh though.....he did what he does best.

Lions fans received a late Christmas gift waaay before the Cowboys....AND YOU ALL FRICKIN KNOW IT.

Did that reversed penalty look like inteference?  Yep.  Hitchens didnt look back once.

Lions got a potential gift of 7-14 pts in Suh and Cowboys got a potential gift of 7 in a bad ref call....what we have is a wash.

You know how many years of unfair ref calls Ive watched against the Cowboys, Texans, Oilers and Spurs that potentially cost them "the game" LOL.

Fact is lions got neutralized in the 2nd half...that was their undoing.  Had they played in the 2nd like they did in the first that call wouldve been  an after thought cauer Detroit wouldve been up by 28.

The facts are that the refs made a horrible call, then reversed it without explanation.   PI calls are almost never overturned, especially when they're blantantly correct.   Couple that with the fact that it was at a pivotal point in the game, and Dallas scored right after, and it's easy to see the issue.

It would be better if you just said "yes, we got a gift there" and moved on, rather than trying to justify it.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: January 05, 2015, 07:03:18 AM »
This is not offensive PI.

No, THAT isn't but then again that is just 2 still frames so of course it doesn't tell the full story.

Maybe the defender could have turned around to look at the ball if his face mask wasn't being pushed just before those 2 photos.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #357 on: January 05, 2015, 07:14:43 AM »
No, THAT isn't but then again that is just 2 still frames so of course it doesn't tell the full story.

Maybe the defender could have turned around to look at the ball if his face mask wasn't being pushed just before those 2 photos.

The jersey hold happened before anything.  That was text book PI, or defensive holding if you want to believe what you said.  Offensive PI is a complete stretch.

Plus, the other ref's explanation for overturning the call that you posted said the call was reversed since contact was "minimal".  Not because there were multiple offenses from both sides.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2015, 07:26:13 AM »
The jersey hold happened before anything.  That was text book PI, or defensive holding if you want to believe what you said.  Offensive PI is a complete stretch.

Plus, the other ref's explanation for overturning the call that you posted said the call was reversed since contact was "minimal".  Not because there were multiple offenses from both sides.

For me it's so hard to see even with rewinding and look again ten times so I could just imagine what it would have for the refs in real time.

It just doesn't strike me as one of those "clear as day, one sided" calls that we have seen countless times over the years.

However, I do have to ask how Dez Bryant wasn't called for a penalty for standing out halfway onto the field with his helmet off arguing the call.  :D

Someone needs to get that guy under control!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #359 on: January 05, 2015, 07:37:38 AM »
For me it's so hard to see even with rewinding and look again ten times so I could just imagine what it would have for the refs in real time.

It just doesn't strike me as one of those "clear as day, one sided" calls that we have seen countless times over the years.

However, I do have to ask how Dez Bryant wasn't called for a penalty for standing out halfway onto the field with his helmet off arguing the call.  :D

Someone needs to get that guy under control!

I watched the video you sent about 10 times.  The contact by the receiver isn't clear to me....BUT what is clear is the defensive player did not turn around or make an attempt on the ball and did hold his jersey.  The third gif on the link below shows it wasn't Pettigrew that prevented that:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24935977/lions-cowboys-no-pi-call-pereira-disagrees-with-it-head-ref-explains-it
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2015, 08:01:39 AM »
I watched the video you sent about 10 times.  The contact by the receiver isn't clear to me....BUT what is clear is the defensive player did not turn around or make an attempt on the ball and did hold his jersey.  The third gif on the link below shows it wasn't Pettigrew that prevented that:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24935977/lions-cowboys-no-pi-call-pereira-disagrees-with-it-head-ref-explains-it

Is that clear enough for you?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2015, 08:04:03 AM »
Is that clear enough for you?

I know there was contact, but not the extent of it - that could have easily brushed past...it happened after the hold anyway so it's moot.

As stated, let's see what the NFL says.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: January 05, 2015, 08:21:51 AM »
I know there was contact, but not the extent of it - that could have easily brushed past...it happened after the hold anyway so it's moot.

As stated, let's see what the NFL says.

It looked a little more than "easily brushed past" imo

http://vid1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff481/photobucketlova1/IMG_1193.mp4

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: January 05, 2015, 08:25:16 AM »
The facts are that the refs made a horrible call, then reversed it without explanation.   PI calls are almost never overturned, especially when they're blantantly correct.   Couple that with the fact that it was at a pivotal point in the game, and Dallas scored right after, and it's easy to see the issue.

It would be better if you just said "yes, we got a gift there" and moved on, rather than trying to justify it.

I did say the Cowboys got a gift LOL....black and white above.   I fully agree with you that the call was terrible.

I want others to admit that the Lions also got a huge gift, but that's being glossed over as "last week's controversy".

Just like an offensive penalty often negates a simultaneous defensive penalty....so do these "gifts" have to simply wash one another.....that's all I'm saying.  

Is either gift correct or appropriate....no!

I wonder why no one is outraged over Suh playing yesterday?  Why no one is upset that the NFL overturned his suspension?

Here's why no one is upset Suh's suspension was overturned:

Pride Of The Lions: Suh's Impact
Ndamukong Suh is a big part of Detroit's stout defense.
Here's how the Lions' D compares when Suh is on the field or off it.

On    Off
Yds per rush   2.84    4.12
Sack pct           7.4%    2.7%
Pressure pct   30.1% 19.8%
Total QBR           39.4    46.2
-- ESPN Stats & Information

So much chatter about the Cowboys cheating...that the refs favored them.  Anyone see the first half and the missed Lions' penalties?  

If people were genuinely and equally concerned about "fair play" they'd be outraged that Suh played yesterday.  They'd be upset that the Lions weren't in the penalty in the 1st half and should've been.  

Folks are just PO'd cause "the Cowboys won" and everyone hates the Cowboys LOL.....it's trendy to hate the Cowboys.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: January 05, 2015, 08:28:00 AM »

Folks are just PO'd cause "the Cowboys won" and everyone hates the Cowboys LOL.....it's trendy to hate the Cowboys.

Oh yeah it's always been that way but that is what makes it so fun.  8)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2015, 08:29:09 AM »
It looked a little more than "easily brushed past" imo

http://vid1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff481/photobucketlova1/IMG_1193.mp4

So you don't think that was PI or at least defensive holding, and that the ref's call, and explanation, was correct?
Y

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2015, 08:29:22 AM »
Hey MOS... I hope those cheating cockroaches plane crashes on the way to Green Bay. Fuck Dallas, fuck the cheating refs, and fuck all of you cockroach fans.

Yes meltdown.

X

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2015, 08:31:06 AM »
I did say the Cowboys got a gift LOL....black and white above.   I fully agree with you that the call was terrible.

I want others to admit that the Lions also got a huge gift, but that's being glossed over as "last week's controversy".

Just like an offensive penalty often negates a simultaneous defensive penalty....so do the "gifts" wash one another.....that's all I'm saying.  

Is either gift correct or appropriate....no!

I wonder why no one is outraged over Suh playing yesterday?  Why no one is upset that the NFL overturned his suspension?

Here's why no one is upset Suh's suspension was overturned:

Pride Of The Lions: Suh's Impact
Ndamukong Suh is a big part of Detroit's stout defense.
Here's how the Lions' D compares when Suh is on the field or off it.

On    Off
Yds per rush   2.84    4.12
Sack pct           7.4%    2.7%
Pressure pct   30.1% 19.8%
Total QBR           39.4    46.2
-- ESPN Stats & Information

So much chatter about the Cowboys cheating...that the refs favored them.  Anyone see the first half and the missed Lions' penalties?  

If people were genuinely concerned about "fair play" they'd be outraged that Suh played yesterday.  They'd be upset that the Lions weren't in the penalty in the 1st half and should've been.  

Plenty of people were outraged at Suh being allowed to play.  Visit CBS sportsline or ESPN and read the comments.

I wasn't saying the cowboys cheated or were favored.  I'm saying the refs made a terrible call, almost unprecedented the way it was reversed, and Dallas might now of won without it.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2015, 08:35:31 AM »
So you don't think that was PI or at least defensive holding, and that the ref's call, and explanation, was correct?

I think the way the refs handled the situation was terrible and people have a right to be outraged on that issue.

But the actual play..."meh, it could of gone either way"

That same play occurs all the time and flags aren't thrown. I've seen way worse than that without flags being thrown.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2015, 08:41:17 AM »
I think the way the refs handled the situation was terrible and people have a right to be outraged on that issue.

But the actual play..."meh, it could of gone either way"

That same play occurs all the time and flags aren't thrown. I've seen way worse than that without flags being thrown.

No use going on about then.  We'll just disagree.  The holding of the shirt before anything else seals it for me.

Full disclosure, I had money on Dallas, so I was happy about the call at the time.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2015, 08:44:25 AM »
No use going on about then.  We'll just disagree.  The holding of the shirt before anything else seals it for me.

Full disclosure, I had money on Dallas, so I was happy about the call at the time.

X2

Congrats on the new found cash!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2015, 08:46:42 AM »
X2

Congrats on the new found cash!

They were giving 6 points..... :(
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: January 05, 2015, 08:54:35 AM »
They were giving 6 points..... :(

Ah I see, that's what you meant by "at the time"

I was thinking you somehow got in on a straight up bet by some sucker.  :-[

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: January 05, 2015, 09:14:35 AM »
Plenty of people were outraged at Suh being allowed to play.  Visit CBS sportsline or ESPN and read the comments.

I wasn't saying the cowboys cheated or were favored.  I'm saying the refs made a terrible call, almost unprecedented the way it was reversed, and Dallas might now of won without it.

Oh I know that some analysts and board posters on NFL.com and other media sites had some outraged posters, but no one on this board is LOL.

I agree with you that it's bizarre to have a call reversed like that.  I personally have never witnessed an incident like that I can recall nor could anyone I watched the game with....all Cowboys fans.   :D

Although in the post game interview Jim Caldwell stated the following about the reversed call:

“It was not good enough,” he said. “I’m gonna leave it at that. I’m not gonna sit up here and act like that was the call that made the difference in the game. We still had our chances.”

He went on to say that they saw a reversal of a call earlier in the season against New Orleans.  So it's definitely rare, but it does happen.  Now did the officials "fumble" the explanation piece?  Absolutely.  Nobody knew what was going on.....it was not good execution at all.  

All that said, did it cost the Lions the game?  Detroit fans and Cowboy haters will of course say yes.  The reality....no.  Detroit's lack of any effective play in the 3rd and half of the 4th was of far more concern.  Yes, Dallas got the ball back, but based on Dallas' play did that guarantee them 6?  No way.  Dallas was pretty garbage.....mediocre at best.....until the 4th.  They struggled all day long to scrape together that win.  

In Green Bay, they gotta be at the top of their game.  Play like they had against the Lions and the Packers will beat em 40-7.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #374 on: January 05, 2015, 09:43:17 AM »
Oh I know that some analysts and board posters on NFL.com and other media sites had some outraged posters, but no one on this board is LOL.

I agree with you that it's bizarre to have a call reversed like that.  I personally have never witnessed an incident like that I can recall nor could anyone I watched the game with....all Cowboys fans.   :D

Although in the post game interview Jim Caldwell stated the following about the reversed call:

“It was not good enough,” he said. “I’m gonna leave it at that. I’m not gonna sit up here and act like that was the call that made the difference in the game. We still had our chances.”

He went on to say that they saw a reversal of a call earlier in the season against New Orleans.  So it's definitely rare, but it does happen.  Now did the officials "fumble" the explanation piece?  Absolutely.  Nobody knew what was going on.....it was not good execution at all.  

All that said, did it cost the Lions the game?  Detroit fans and Cowboy haters will of course say yes.  The reality....no.  Detroit's lack of any effective play in the 3rd and half of the 4th was of far more concern.  Yes, Dallas got the ball back, but based on Dallas' play did that guarantee them 6?  No way.  Dallas was pretty garbage.....mediocre at best.....until the 4th.  They struggled all day long to scrape together that win.  

In Green Bay, they gotta be at the top of their game.  Play like they had against the Lions and the Packers will beat em 40-7.

There are very rare instances where one play makes a difference between a win and a lose. Refs are always making bad calls, in every single sport. Its rarely one bad call that decides a game or not.
X