Author Topic: Did someone come in and yank all the 9/11 threads?  (Read 2810 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Did someone come in and yank all the 9/11 threads?
« on: September 13, 2006, 04:17:32 PM »
Or am i just blind?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Did someone come in and yank all the 9/11 threads?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 04:18:29 PM »
blind to the truth?

you might be.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 04:19:21 PM »
blind to the truth?

you might be.

hahha

did someone yank them really?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 04:23:46 PM »
all merged now :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 04:24:28 PM »
hahha

did someone yank them really?

I've been merging them after several requests Ozmo.   I had to take a break to make some popcorn and pour a glass of wine for some nourishment :)
R

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 04:25:40 PM »
I understand why you did it.  But i had multiple conversations going on.  Couldn't you just have made a child board like the religous debate forum?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 04:25:50 PM »
all merged now :)

They're actually not ALL merged but I think the majority of them are...at least this first page of GT is cleaned up a bit.

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »
I understand why you did it.  But i had multiple conversations going on.  Couldn't you just have made a child board like the religous debate forum?

ooooo...that stinks, sorry OzmO :(.  I don't have the power to make a child board.  Only Ron can approve that.  There have been several requests for a merge and I "discussed it" w/240 first.  Sorry that happened! :(
R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 04:29:10 PM »

no, please dont.  this is the biggest event of our lifetimes.  it at least deserves one thread here :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 04:30:55 PM »
ooooo...that stinks, sorry OzmO :(.  I don't have the power to make a child board.  Only Ron can approve that.  There have been several requests for a merge and I "discussed it" w/240 first.  Sorry that happened! :(

Ok Stella I understand.....  but i need to ask you a question.....seriously.. ..... i need an honest answer............  you can PM if you feel it's safer.............  ok  ready?  here goes:   Do you work for the government?   :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 04:36:10 PM »
Ok Stella I understand.....  but i need to ask you a question.....seriously.. ..... i need an honest answer............  you can PM if you feel it's safer.............  ok  ready?  here goes:   Do you work for the government?   :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
No.   ???

The last time I merged the threads people were complaining and I didn't do anything until 240 asked me to merge them because he would have rather have had them merged than removed completely. 

This time there have been several requests toward merging and I asked Rob first if I should just send them all to the Z, but I believe he feels it's important to have his information on General Topics as it may get more traffic than the Z.

Rob, maybe we could have a sticky directing people to the Z for 911 threads?  Any suggestions?

R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 04:38:38 PM »

Rob, maybe we could have a sticky directing people to the Z for 911 threads?  Any suggestions?

i think this is a good idea.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 04:38:57 PM »
No.   ???

The last time I merged the threads people were complaining and I didn't do anything until 240 asked me to merge them because he would have rather have had them merged than removed completely. 

This time there have been several requests toward merging and I asked Rob first if I should just send them all to the Z, but I believe he feels it's important to have his information on General Topics as it may get more traffic than the Z.

I was just kdding about the question Stella.................  umm err, BUSH is doing the right thing.....ummm err  cough. 

Please ask ron for a child board for 240 and gang of merry cohorts  ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 04:39:14 PM »
pm ron and ask him for a child board

or

just deal with the merged thread

ask, maybe you can mod the child board!

A good suggestion Meddy :)....  perhaps OzmO and 240 could request a childboard and both offer modship. 

I agree that a huge merged thread can be really confusing and that's one reason that a bunch of people requested that Ron allow a "Religion" child board.
R

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 04:40:37 PM »
Yeah i wouldn't mind modding it. 

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 04:42:07 PM »
A good suggestion Meddy :)....  perhaps OzmO and 240 could request a childboard and both offer modship. 

I agree that a huge merged thread can be really confusing and that's one reason that a bunch of people requested that Ron allow a "Religion" child board.

they can have all their very interesting conversations on the Z board . . . I wonder what ron thinks about endlessly adding new boards?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 04:43:19 PM »
Merged threads suck ass. They can be quite hard to follow

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 04:43:21 PM »
I was just kdding about the question Stella.................  umm err, BUSH is doing the right thing.....ummm err  cough. 

Please ask ron for a child board for 240 and gang of merry cohorts  ;D

OzmO, the more people that ask Ron for a child board for something the more the chance of it happening, IMO.

You don't have to be a mod to let Ron know what you think would be a good move for the board.  He is a reasonable man. :)
R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 04:44:48 PM »
this is a phase that 240 is going through  . . . if he's given a new board, it's going to be dead in a few weeks/months. but if that's the best soln., then i'm all for it.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 04:53:14 PM »
ya know, it could just be a "conspiricies" type board.  that would be a good child board

good idea. as long as 240 and pals know that that's where their 911 theories belong . . . he seems to be under the impression that he's reporting the truth . . . and then you have toxic . . . interesting threads on particle physics suddenly turn into discussions about Luna, the alien base on the dark side of the moon.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 05:37:12 PM »

Agree. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 06:12:04 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is. Why should they be moved to the Z board? It's inappropriate.
Anyone who doesn't want to read a 9/11 thread on the General board, should simply skip it.
Have you people no self-control? Why do you feel compelled to click on a thread subject you have no interest in? Grow up already.  >:(
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 06:15:11 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is. Why should they be moved to the Z board? It's inappropriate.
Anyone who doesn't want to read a 9/11 thread on the General board, should simply skip it.
Have you people no self-control? Why do you feel compelled to click on a thread subject you have no interest in? Grow up already.  >:(

this board isn't here for you to use as you please . . . you have to take other people's interests into consideration . . . a suggestion that might help you in other areas of your life too, you . . . .

the last ellipsis is testimony to my restraint.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 06:38:55 PM »
let it out!  let it all hang out, baby

i'm restraining myself so that I don't get a bad rep on the girls' board . . . it's my last 9/11 CT free sanctuary.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 07:39:09 PM »
I was on such a roll battling the CT's!!!  That's ok with me though.  1 thread is enough.  A child board would be great though!