Author Topic: NBA Finals - Miami vs San Antonio, who will win?  (Read 88283 times)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NBA finals: Miami vs San Antonio, who will win?
« Reply #1075 on: June 20, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »
But the Madison Square Garden fans won't ever be in the position to walk out of a game 6 NBA finals.
That's the truth, Knicks won't be seeing an NBA finals anywhere in the near future!

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1076 on: June 20, 2013, 01:13:32 PM »
That's the truth, Knicks won't be seeing an NBA finals anywhere in the near future!

Ball don't lie!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1077 on: June 20, 2013, 01:15:27 PM »
  I want James to win. Period.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #1078 on: June 20, 2013, 01:32:20 PM »
Lebron will be hated on forever. It will never go away. And if he gets 10 rings, they will say the NBA was weak during his era and players didn't wanna win. You got Jordan generation (my generation), then the Kobe/Lebron generation. It will never end. The game evolves.
problem is, they are correct. The Kobe era and Lebron era have weak sauce players who want ludacrious amounts of money for shitty play. This is not evolution, it's a condemnation of what America has become, low quality, for a high price. Lack of passion and work ethic, but want the results of a winner.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1079 on: June 20, 2013, 01:34:38 PM »
 This is not evolution, it's a condemnation of what America has become, low quality, for a high price. Lack of passion and work ethic, but want the results of a winner.

^

Great post parker.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1080 on: June 20, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »
problem is, they are correct. The Kobe era and Lebron era have weak sauce players who want ludacrious amounts of money for shitty play. This is not evolution, it's a condemnation of what America has become, low quality, for a high price. Lack of passion and work ethic, but want the results of a winner.
You think Lebron has a lack of passion and work ethic, you don't know what you're talking about! Because he doesn't have a step on your throat mentality and is more subdued, doesn't make him any less passionate then Kobe, or Michael! Lebron won the Championship, played in the Oympics, won a Gold Medal, won MVP, 27 game winning streak, and is in the 7th game of an NBA championship!

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1081 on: June 20, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »
LBJ needs to really be on point tonight, he has really struggled the last 2 games with losing the ball in the paint and turning it over, over dribbling the rock , and missing simple layups

but he will get his second ring tonight, sorry Duncan

This.

If you look at the Spurs "runs" what you'll see is Lebron missing a freaking layup, ball goes right to a Spur, and they drain a three on the other end. 5 point swing and huge momentum shift... of course there is more to it than that..the Spurs are great and play good defense, .but I've never seen so many missed layups and dunks converted on the other end than i have in these games...it's weird. I think the law of averages balances things out and these high percentage shots stop bouncing out of the basket.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1082 on: June 20, 2013, 01:52:38 PM »

Dr. J played against a bunch of white mooks and was pulling dunks most guys today can't do. Still considered one of the best, and the best ever out of the ABA.

Is Derek Jeter a shitty yankee cuz he didn't play during the Ruth/Mantle era? Time moves on.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1083 on: June 20, 2013, 01:58:49 PM »

True, players making $250k PER GAME are a lot less focused than the ones in the 90s and early 2000s

HOWEVER

The caliber of play is better.  Players are bigger, stronger than ever.  There was no physical player like Lebron in 1995.  Just didn't exist.   Players are physically bigger, strongr and faster.  ALSO the world players are in this now - 9 of the Spurs 12 players are from overseas, I believe?  The quality is a lot better.  We'd see some of those Bulls teams getting bullied today, if they had to play the best teams of today.  Individual matchups.... wouldn't be close.  Players back then were taking dianabol and were the best of US universities... today it's guys with well-designed HGH plans, and they're the best of the world.  Not even close.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1084 on: June 20, 2013, 02:01:53 PM »
Or, ask yourself... would today's Super Bowl champ Packers be able to beat the 85 Bears?   OF COURSE.  Every player and every position is probably 20 pounds bigger, or a lot more weight on the line. 

They jump higher, they're faster in the 40 and on the field, they make tightrope catches that didn't happen back then.

It's like this in EVERY sport.  From bodybuilding to NFL to NBA to everything else.  Better athletes would win the series.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1085 on: June 20, 2013, 02:02:35 PM »
  great point SCC

james misses a lay up and then gives parker a three

then james turns the ball over and parker scores two more

instead of getting four points for

he gives the spurs five points against

that is a nine point hole

then they play like that the entire fucking game and go down by 10-20

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1086 on: June 20, 2013, 02:04:07 PM »
 great point SCC

james misses a lay up and then gives parker a three

then james turns the ball over and parker scores two more

instead of getting four points for

he gives the spurs five points against

that is a nine point hole

then they play like that the entire fucking game and go down by 10-20

then Lebron had his headband knocked off and he tore the Spurs a new asshole.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1087 on: June 20, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1088 on: June 20, 2013, 02:09:28 PM »
Lebron will be hated on forever. It will never go away. And if he gets 10 rings, they will say the NBA was weak during his era and players didn't wanna win. You got Jordan generation (my generation), then the Kobe/Lebron generation. It will never end. The game evolves.

Lebron dug that hole with "The Decision"  but if he goes out, scores 40+ points and dominates tonight.  He will seal his legacy among the NBA gods.  If he plays average and they lose.  He'll never live it down.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1089 on: June 20, 2013, 02:23:16 PM »
Lebron dug that hole with "The Decision"  but if he goes out, scores 40+ points and dominates tonight.  He will seal his legacy among the NBA gods.  If he plays average and they lose.  He'll never live it down.

what is "the decision"? when he had that 1 hour special to announce where he was going as a free agent? I heard he donated the commercial revenue from that to charity. don't know if it's true or not cuz I heard it from someone's mouth.

Sidney Crysby held a 1 hour news conference to announce that there was no change in his status. lol talk about a waste of time there.

And with Lebron and how they did the fireworks and intro shit saying 7 rings with Miami, that's all PR work they are told to do. Part of your contract.

But tell me this, win or lose!, do you not respect that Miami has been to the final EVERY TIME with this big 3?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #1090 on: June 20, 2013, 02:25:17 PM »
This.

If you look at the Spurs "runs" what you'll see is Lebron missing a freaking layup, ball goes right to a Spur, and they drain a three on the other end. 5 point swing and huge momentum shift... of course there is more to it than that..the Spurs are great and play good defense, .but I've never seen so many missed layups and dunks converted on the other end than i have in these games...it's weird. I think the law of averages balances things out and these high percentage shots stop bouncing out of the basket.
Ummm.......That's why they play the games  ???

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #1091 on: June 20, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »
Regardless if the heat win or lose tonight, Pat Riley rumored to be making some changes for next season, and you can guess who's gonna be out the door

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1092 on: June 20, 2013, 02:30:22 PM »
Regardless if the heat win or lose tonight, Pat Riley rumored to be making some changes for next season, and you can guess who's gonna be out the door
That's when I will call huge bullshit. If they win 2 in a row (three finals in a row), They need to bring back everyone to try for a three peat. Why make changes to the major players (I can see dumping a guy like Rashard Lewis etc) when you win two titles in a row?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1093 on: June 20, 2013, 02:32:06 PM »
The talk is about Bosch whether they win or not! Lot's of teams interested, Heat would be looking to get bigger another banger up front! Center/ Power Forward!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #1094 on: June 20, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »
The talk is about Bosch whether they win or not!

Bosh is a terrible rebounder, get rid of him and get a good rebounder and lebron will have 4 more rings.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1095 on: June 20, 2013, 02:36:16 PM »
Ummm.......That's why they play the games  ???

No shit. I'm saying that in the next game, Lebron doesnt blow 5 fast break layups like he has been doing every game.

They are called "high percentage shots" for a reason,  they shouldn't result in three points for the other team. You penis puller.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1096 on: June 20, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »
No shit. I'm saying that in the next game, Lebron doesnt blow 5 fast break layups like he has been doing every game.

They are called "high percentage shots" for a reason,  they shouldn't result in three points for the other team. You penis puller.
Meltdown.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #1097 on: June 20, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »
Or, ask yourself... would today's Super Bowl champ Packers be able to beat the 85 Bears?   OF COURSE.  Every player and every position is probably 20 pounds bigger, or a lot more weight on the line.  

They jump higher, they're faster in the 40 and on the field, they make tightrope catches that didn't happen back then.

It's like this in EVERY sport.  From bodybuilding to NFL to NBA to everything else.  Better athletes would win the series.

Yes I agree with this.

Also defense in the NBA in terms of the complexity of the schemes and the emphasis in game planning has come a long long way compared to the 1980s and 1990s.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1098 on: June 20, 2013, 02:50:04 PM »
Or, ask yourself... would today's Super Bowl champ Packers be able to beat the 85 Bears?   OF COURSE.  Every player and every position is probably 20 pounds bigger, or a lot more weight on the line. 

It's like this in EVERY sport.  From bodybuilding to NFL to NBA to everything else.  Better athletes would win the series.
Absolutely! Lebron weighs as much as centers did in the eighties and is as fast if not faster than a point guard!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #1099 on: June 20, 2013, 02:52:43 PM »
True, players making $250k PER GAME are a lot less focused than the ones in the 90s and early 2000s

HOWEVER

The caliber of play is better.  Players are bigger, stronger than ever.  There was no physical player like Lebron in 1995.  Just didn't exist.   Players are physically bigger, strongr and faster.  ALSO the world players are in this now - 9 of the Spurs 12 players are from overseas, I believe?  The quality is a lot better.  We'd see some of those Bulls teams getting bullied today, if they had to play the best teams of today.  Individual matchups.... wouldn't be close.  Players back then were taking dianabol and were the best of US universities... today it's guys with well-designed HGH plans, and they're the best of the world.  Not even close.  
really, did you just say that there was no physical player like Lebron in 95? Shaq was breaking rims, Barkley was throwing 'bows (remember Charles Barkley's cartoon about his physical play?) and you still had remnants of Detroit. There was no "flopping".... Remember  Cartwright and Hakeem? There was very physical play. Also you don't really see the wicked cross overs that much anymore.
I think that the players are bigger, but many lack the fundamental skills, and maturity level...just a bunch of spoiled brats...no real hunger.