Author Topic: Opinions on Max-OT  (Read 2518 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Opinions on Max-OT
« on: January 27, 2007, 07:08:02 AM »
I know there's a thread on the training board about this but it's been pretty much dead for a few months now so mods please let this thread be for a little while.  Please.

I was just wondering who's read the article about it on the AST site, who's tried it and what your impressions were of it.

Personally I think it's a pretty well written piece, well thought out and if done right it will work for most guys.

If you go to Lacour's site he has a pretty good trailer for a video he put out about Max-OT, it looks pretty good.

http://www.skiplacour.com/

anyway, just wondering what the general opinion was about this.
nasser=piece of shit

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Opinions on Max-OT
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 09:46:15 AM »
i dont see whats so special about it.. it seems like a basic split with low reps

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 09:47:53 AM »
i dont see whats so special about it.. it seems like a basic split with low reps
that's really all it is, it always makes me laugh when these clowns come up with these "new and revolutionary" training methods when guys like Grimek, Reeves. Park, etc. have already done all of them 50 years ago.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 09:54:15 AM »
it's pretty well laid out and it cuts away from alot of the confusion that reading the mags will cause.  heavy compound movements with low volume...it's simple enough but guys reading flex and some of the other mags get so caught up with pre exhaust, isolation this, Isolation that..it just get confusing after awhile.
nasser=piece of shit

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 09:59:45 AM »
its nothing secret or magic..only thing it does  is that its "labalized" thus making people have something to follow and something  to believe in. when working out if you belive in the routine (ok..it cant be too fucked up) your doing and your consistent, it will work wheter its called cockamania, max ot, or HST of what the f**k they wanna name it

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 11:07:09 AM »
anybody watch the trailer from the lacour site?  It looks pretty cool.
nasser=piece of shit

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 11:16:25 AM »
Well i think I might buy the DVD!

I have put on a lot of muscle from traing MAX-ot style so i'll give it a watch.

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 11:19:56 AM »
I've thought about buyin it in the past...who knows.  lacour looks like he trains pretty damn hard.
nasser=piece of shit

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »
i have seen the whole DVD. skip is insane!!! the dude trains HARD!!!! He packs in some weird tips or theories of his like his high intensity cardio, and ideal rep range for natural athletes. The absolute best DVD for the natural athlete. One one DVD its just him explaining why and how. like a directors cut
-

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 11:55:20 AM »
Looks pretty good, still it's not really 4 hours, apparantely he first shows you everything he does at the gym commenting on it - then again shows the same thing again WITHOUT commentary?! + I probably couldn't stand seening any more tables with AST products. Other than that, it looks pretty good  ;)
Z

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 12:53:26 PM »
Max-OT, among others, serves as voice of reason, countering advices handed out from juiced up "experts" in mags.

It's not some magic bullet. But it serves to show that the volume recommended in FLEX are bullshit unless you're on AAS.

If FLEX would include steroid cycles recommendations when printing stuff like Arnold's layout, then there would be a reason to the insanity. But now it's just unexcusable.

So Max-OT and similar layouts changes the way people train. For the better, I say.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »
Max-OT, among others, serves as voice of reason, countering advices handed out from juiced up "experts" in mags.

It's not some magic bullet. But it serves to show that the volume recommended in FLEX are bullshit unless you're on AAS.

If FLEX would include steroid cycles recommendations when printing stuff like Arnold's layout, then there would be a reason to the insanity. But now it's just unexcusable.

So Max-OT and similar layouts changes the way people train. For the better, I say.

-Hedge
Well said Hedge..... Like arnolds chest/back morning, legs in the afternoon. ::) I wish they mentioned the AAS part. Thats where skip takes a realistic approach
-

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 02:54:19 PM »
It's not just the AAS part it's the genetic part. Genetics of the pros are like 1 in a million.
Z

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 03:00:13 PM »
3 sets of 4-6 reps. Who thinks up this ground breaking stuff?

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 03:34:56 PM »
I think it's a good way to train...... It's nothing revolutionary but I had good results with it... Al are you thinking of giving up DC training?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »
I really like Max - OT.  I've been training almost exactly Max OT (just a few variations, e.g., on some days I take 1:15 to finish my workout instead of 0:45-1:00) for 5 years. 

As for Skips newest DVD, I own it and I think it is very interesting and informative.  Its especially informative if you're interested in learning about Max-OT and Max-OT cardio.  Its also interesting to see the way Skip trains and hear his philosphies on training.  I think its a good DVD.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 05:00:57 PM »
it's the program i've stayed the longest on.  i liked it.
Deep Tissue Massage

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 05:53:30 PM »
I think it's a good way to train...... It's nothing revolutionary but I had good results with it... Al are you thinking of giving up DC training?

nope.  I dont' see giving up DC for the time being.  I had a shitty year last year and still put on about 15;bs.  Was it all muscle?  Probably not but my waist is the exact same size, my back is bigger, my shoulders are bigger, my arms are bigger and my calfs, quads and hamstrings have all improved.  I'm just started my second serious blast in since August of 04 and I'm moving weight that is getting pretty scary-to me anyway. 

I did max-ot right before DC and I liked it for the most part.  it hurt my right bi for some reason and I couldn't train arms for a month or so which has never happened before.  I think it's a good program and I can speak pretty well on it if anyone asks.  I made good gains but I prefer DC's approach.
nasser=piece of shit

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 08:03:04 AM »
I train high intensity but I think Max OT would be a nice change.  Skip looks like he trains pretty fucking hard.  Forget the high intensity cardio though.
Truly STOP WHINING

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 08:19:04 AM »
I train high intensity but I think Max OT would be a nice change.  Skip looks like he trains pretty fucking hard.  Forget the high intensity cardio though.
I did that type of cardio last summer and it's a bitch, my heart rate went through the roof..it was a little scary but I was busting my ass.  It really wore me out after a few weeks.
nasser=piece of shit

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 10:25:36 AM »
I did that type of cardio last summer and it's a bitch, my heart rate went through the roof..it was a little scary but I was busting my ass.  It really wore me out after a few weeks.
Im all about high intensity but I think in the trailer for Skips DVD he was hittin a 300 heart rate.  The hell with that.  Im balls to the wall but thats really intense.  Could you give me short brief example of a HIT cardio session im a noob to the subject.
Truly STOP WHINING

Most_Muscular

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Lift Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 02:11:48 PM »
I used the Max-OT "philosphy" in the past, just not the exact program... I found it worked extremely well although since then I have modified it somewhat.  The heavy loads can be extremely tough on those of us with "old" joints, plus after doing more research I've found that some muscle groups actually can also respond well (i.e. get bigger) with some higher rep work thrown into your workouts.

I now include basic heavy weight/low rep schemes in combination with moderate weight/high rep workouts to be sure to hit all of the muscle fibers.  It's worked for me!

nuff said...