Author Topic: What groups of workers benefitted most form the stim bill so far?  (Read 1046 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
1. teachers
2. construction workers

It seems a lot of layoffs in states like Cali were prevented when state budgets got this pile of $.  The states were required to report how they spent this $ in realtime, allowing the govt to track it even though only 23% of the stim funds have been released so far.

I don't have the link yet - this report was on msnbc out of minneapolis at 1130 am. 

It will help obama in 2012, if he has data that the bulk of the stim money (our money) went to dem-voting groups like teachers and construction workers.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Re: What groups of workers benefitted most form the stim bill so far?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 09:16:25 AM »
1. teachers
2. construction workers

It seems a lot of layoffs in states like Cali were prevented when state budgets got this pile of $.  The states were required to report how they spent this $ in realtime, allowing the govt to track it even though only 23% of the stim funds have been released so far.

I don't have the link yet - this report was on msnbc out of minneapolis at 1130 am. 

It will help obama in 2012, if he has data that the bulk of the stim money (our money) went to dem-voting groups like teachers and construction workers.

Its interesting that the "stimulus" money was used to offset teachers salaries.
This isn't a stimulus as much as a government offset.
I wonder what the states had to give up in order accept this money.
Z

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 09:22:21 AM »
1. teachers
2. construction workers

So you have no problem with the stimulus (our tax) money being spent to buy votes for 2012? I sure as hell do.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 09:44:16 AM »
1. teachers
2. construction workers

How dumb are you 240? 

Serious, since the election your IQ must have dropped in half because you are posting the most inane shit lately. 

What happens when the stim money runs out? 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:03:23 AM »
The people who have bennifitted are unemployed people,and the government sector.A very sad way to use our money.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 10:07:26 AM »
How dumb are you 240? 

Serious, since the election your IQ must have dropped in half because you are posting the most inane shit lately. 

So do you have anything to contribute other than an insult?

I pointed out that Obama can prove his stim $ went to keeping teachers at work, which will certainly benefit him politically in 2012.  Seems like a viable political conversation.  We saw bush make stockholders (more repubs) rich, and now we're seeing Obama distributing tax dollars to dem voters.

Why do you consider this "most inane shit"?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 10:12:48 AM »
I love how stockholders are only supposed to be Republicans.  The media has done a fantastic job of painting the picture that all rich people are Republicans. 

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »
So do you have anything to contribute other than an insult?

I pointed out that Obama can prove his stim $ went to keeping teachers at work, which will certainly benefit him politically in 2012.  Seems like a viable political conversation.  We saw bush make stockholders (more repubs) rich, and now we're seeing Obama distributing tax dollars to dem voters.

Why do you consider this "most inane shit"?

BECAUSE THE MONEY RUNS OUT NEXT YEAR FOR MOST STATES AND THESE STATES WILL HAVE TO CUT THESE PEOPLE IN 2011 AND 2012.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 10:14:13 AM »
I love how stockholders are only supposed to be Republicans.  The media has done a fantastic job of painting the picture that all rich people are Republicans. 

::)

I just had a very sobering meeting with my financial planner this morning regarding the taxes that are going to be increased to pay for all this and I almost choked. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »
Approx. 40% of the stimulus $ has been released now.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »
Again its not stimulus,
but a large government redistribution.

Next year state taxes are going to have to go up everywhere to offset this.
Z

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »
Again its not stimulus,
but a large government redistribution.

Next year state taxes are going to have to go up everywhere to offset this.

Go back to my posts in February before they passed this disaster. 

All the usual gang argued with me about this and I said exactly what was going to happen. 

I will take any of my posts from back then vs what is going on now and compare that to those who argued with me. 

This bill was nothing than a left wing heist of the taxpayer. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »
Agreed, the 'stimulus' mainly supported temporary government jobs or gov contractor jobs and extended unemployment benefits.  Certainly not worth the costs.
Subsequently, we're seen new excise taxes, I've seen an increase in local taxes in my area.  They'll be more coming, I'm sure.  They need more of our $ to support their big government spending.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »
1. Bankers
2. Brokers
3. Traders

Corrected  ;)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »
240 as usual makes a totally unsubstantiated claim with not a shred of truth in sight.

In NYC the schools are hiring nobody except janitors. People I know with masters degrees in education are actually going to Asia to teach English because they can't even find jobs at even the worst NYC public schools.

Meanwhile, the City of NY continues to close schools and encourage its most experienced teachers and administrators to retire.

There is still a huge battle over charter schools, single sex public education and other policy questions wholly independent of the stimulus bill.

So no, I would say teachers have not benefited at all from the stimulus bill.

And by the way, when does not being laid off correlate with being the group that benefits the most? I thought the stimulus bill was supposed to stimulate growth? Are teachers making more money? No. Are more teachers being hired? No.

Seems like a pretty low fucking standard when the group most benefited was simply allowed to keep their jobs for a finite period of time.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 04:22:15 AM »
240 as usual makes a totally unsubstantiated claim with not a shred of truth in sight.

In NYC the schools are hiring nobody except janitors. People I know with masters degrees in education are actually going to Asia to teach English because they can't even find jobs at even the worst NYC public schools.

Meanwhile, the City of NY continues to close schools and encourage its most experienced teachers and administrators to retire.

There is still a huge battle over charter schools, single sex public education and other policy questions wholly independent of the stimulus bill.

So no, I would say teachers have not benefited at all from the stimulus bill.

And by the way, when does not being laid off correlate with being the group that benefits the most? I thought the stimulus bill was supposed to stimulate growth? Are teachers making more money? No. Are more teachers being hired? No.

Seems like a pretty low fucking standard when the group most benefited was simply allowed to keep their jobs for a finite period of time.

The stimulus bill is a disaster of epic porportions on so many levels. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 08:33:30 AM »
The stimulus plan definitely isn't creating growth...I hope everyone can at least see that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 08:38:54 AM »
The stimulus plan definitely isn't creating growth...I hope everyone can at least see that.

Shoot - its creating and making UE worse.  This stim bill was a horrific example of voodoo economics where one believe govt spending creates jobs.  Govt spending destroys private sector jobs! 

I said this before and will say it again, THE GOVT IS THE PROBLEM AND CAUSE OF THIS MESS. 

Look at C4C - a report came out today that car sales have fallen off the damn cliff to even lower levels than before C4C.  Other than myself and a few others, I said this was going to happen, yet the cheerleaders thought this was a good thing.  Who was right on that one?  The wing nut birther from NY.

People like 240 who claim to be a libertarian are a sad joke.  They cheer on the the worst economic policies and than look for easy targets to blame using simplistic nonsense when their grandiose policies prove to be failures.

Its getting worse! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
Shoot - its creating and making UE worse.  This stim bill was a horrific example of voodoo economics where one believe govt spending creates jobs.  Govt spending destroys private sector jobs! 

I said this before and will say it again, THE GOVT IS THE PROBLEM AND CAUSE OF THIS MESS. 

Look at C4C - a report came out today that car sales have fallen off the damn cliff to even lower levels than before C4C.  Other than myself and a few others, I said this was going to happen, yet the cheerleaders thought this was a good thing.  Who was right on that one?  The wing nut birther from NY.

People like 240 who claim to be a libertarian are a sad joke.  They cheer on the the worst economic policies and than look for easy targets to blame using simplistic nonsense when their grandiose policies prove to be failures.

Its getting worse! 

QFT   

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »
How dumb are you 240? 

The hope is that the states will pick up the slack due to stim programs being mandated. This is why Texas refused the $$$.

Interesting that the majority of stim cash went to government projects/salaries and union destinations, isn't it.