Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 160940 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Cast Revealed
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »
Mark Hamill dressed like he just thumbed a ride on I-80.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2014, 06:16:43 AM »
I saw Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) at the SD Comic-Con a few years back.  I walked by him and he had the worst B.O. ever. 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2014, 07:52:41 AM »
Mark Hamill dressed like he just thumbed a ride on I-80.

Maybe his Corvette was stolen and he had to walk.  8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2014, 08:12:37 AM »
I saw Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) at the SD Comic-Con a few years back.  I walked by him and he had the worst B.O. ever. 

Probably got it in his head he's saving a rainforest by not using pit stick.  There's a whole cult of these stinky fuckers.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2014, 08:14:09 AM »

he is a method actor, has to smell like a wookie at all times

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2014, 08:28:13 AM »
Jay has the range to be a big star in this movie. Why is Jay not in this. 240?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2014, 08:50:45 AM »
Jay has the range to be a big star in this movie. Why is Jay not in this. 240?

Jay would be great as a Rancor or the Rancor trainer

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2014, 09:39:13 AM »

Imagine wearing that fucking hairy chewy suit in the Tunisian dessert for hours a day and months on end.  That B.O. is probably baked into his body from the extreme heat he had to endure.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2014, 04:32:12 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140509/b540587/

Carrie Fisher Lost 40 Pounds for New Star Wars Movie: "She Looks Terrific," Says Mom Debbie Reynolds

Carrie Fisher wants to get that metal-bikini body back!

The actress will reprise her role as Princess Leia in the upcoming, highly anticipated film Star Wars: Episode VII, and she didn't waste any time getting into shape for the movie. In fact, Fisher has already lost 40 pounds since being cast in the flick!

"She's very excited about it," mom Debbie Reynolds tells Mario Lopez on Extra. "She's been on a diet ever since because you know they have to be up to par, so she looks terrific. She's lost 40 pounds. She's very excited, as we all are, because we all love Star Wars."

Last year, Fisher told the Calgary Herald , "I'm glad they are doing a new movie because they are sending a trainer to my house so I can get in really good shape.So I'm really eating a lot of sugar in advance, as you can see. By the time I really get down to it I will have eaten everything."

The 57-year-old star will be reunited with Harrison Ford (Han Solo) and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), along with a number of newcomers, in the J.J. Abrams-directed Episode VII, which is slated for a December 2015 release date and reportedly has a working title of Star Wars: Episode VII - The Ancient Fear.

"We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII," Abrams said in a statement. "It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2014, 07:30:26 PM »

Carrie Fisher Lost 40 Pounds for New Star Wars Movie: "She Looks Terrific," Says Mom Debbie Reynolds

The actress will reprise her role as Princess Leia in the upcoming, highly anticipated film Star Wars: Episode VII, and she didn't waste any time getting into shape for the movie. In fact, Fisher has already lost 40 pounds since being cast in the flick!

"She's very excited about it," mom Debbie Reynolds tells Mario Lopez on Extra. "She's been on a diet ever since because you know they have to be up to par, so she looks terrific. She's lost 40 pounds. She's very excited, as we all are, because we all love Star Wars."

Last year, Fisher told the Calgary Herald , "I'm glad they are doing a new movie because they are sending a trainer to my house so I can get in really good shape.So I'm really eating a lot of sugar in advance, as you can see. By the time I really get down to it I will have eaten everything."

The 57-year-old star will be reunited with Harrison Ford (Han Solo) and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), along with a number of newcomers, in the J.J. Abrams-directed Episode VII, which is slated for a December 2015 release date and reportedly has a working title of Star Wars: Episode VII - The Ancient Fear.

"We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII," Abrams said in a statement. "It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »
http://laughingsquid.com/what-star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-would-look-like-if-it-was-directed-by-quentin-tarantino/

Filmmaker Bobby Burns has created a gritty video that imagines what George Lucas‘ 1977 epic space opera film, Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, would look like if it was directed by Quentin Tarantino. We previously wrote about Bobby’s horror film version of Disney’s Frozen.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2014, 05:19:09 AM »

She was a notorious coke-head back when she filmed ESB and ROTJ.  

Probably snorting again for the appetite suppressing effect.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »
Where does this guy get his balls from   ???  >:( >:(

what a fucking idiot , really sounds bitter , maybe because he wasnt called back for empire strikes back or return of the jedi

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/13/wedge-antilles-star-wars-episode-vii_n_5315402.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Wedge Antilles Won't Return For 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Because Denis Lawson Is 'Bored' By It

We spent the better part of two years waiting to see if Princess Leia, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker would star in "Episode VII," but it turns out J.J. Abrams attempted to tap into the much deeper well of characters from the original "Star Wars" trilogy. Denis Lawson played top-notch Rebel Alliance pilot Wedge Antilles, and this weekend he revealed that Abrams approached him about reprising the role in the forthcoming movie.

"I’m not going to do that," Lawson told The Courier in the U.K. while promoting "The Machine." "They asked me, but it just would have bored me."

Tough break, J.J. Abrams. Of course, there's no indication of how significant Wedge Antilles' role would have been in "Episode VII." Despite being a minor character in the original trilogy, he remains a beloved "Star Wars" figure, having saved Luke's life during the Battle of Yavin in "A New Hope" and led the fighter attack on the Death Star in "Return of the Jedi."

Coincidentally enough, Lawson's nephew is Ewan McGregor, who played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy. Still, the family ties, not to mention a film on which George Lucas serves as a creative consultant, weren't enough to lure the actor back. Since "Star Wars," Lawson has starred mostly on British programs, including the BBC's 2005 "Bleak House" miniseries and alongside Ben Whishaw in the miniseries "Criminal Justice."

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2014, 05:59:15 PM »
Atöeast bem affleck didnt grt a role as a jedi

lool and ruin another movie before it even gets finished just by being in it...
I liked some of his latest stuff like The Town but nah, he's not batman.

Black guy in the lead in a star wars movie? Hell nawwwww

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2014, 08:29:54 PM »
lool and ruin another movie before it even gets finished just by being in it...
I liked some of his latest stuff like The Town but nah, he's not batman.

Black guy in the lead in a star wars movie? Hell nawwwww

Yea it wasnt enough that chewbacca was in the original trilogy they had to introduce billy D williams, then samuel L jackson in the prequels

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/lets-take-a-closer-look-at-the-new-alien-in-star-wars-episode-vii/

Let’s Take a Closer Look at the New Alien in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII

We got our first glimpse into the world of Star Wars: Episode VII yesterday. Director J.J. Abrams appeared in a video from the set in Abu Dhabi announcing a new initiative, Star Wars: Force for Change. Besides learning about making a charitable donation to enter to win a part in the upcoming film, we also saw a new alien. That’s exciting, but the icing on the cake is the creature is a puppet that looks like it could be right out of Jim Henson’s Creature Shop. Practical effects! Thank goodness!

The danger of too much CGI is something the filmmakers are aware of. Kathleen Kennedy spoke at Star Wars Celebration Europe last summer, and in response to the constant question of how much CGI they would be using in Episode VII, she said, “We’re looking at what the early Star Wars films did; they used real locations with special effects. So we’re going to find some very cool locations, we’re going to end up using every single tool in the toolbox.”

She continued, “Using model makers, using real droids, taking advantage of the artwork that you can touch and feel — we want to do that in combination with CG effects.” The key phrase there is obviously “in combination with.” I’m okay with a mix of the two, as long as it’s balanced or leaning more towards practical.

I suspect Episode VII’s tone, palette, and effects will be more in line with the original trilogy than the prequels and not just because of the timeline. The prequels showcased a different time in the galaxy; it wasn’t the same place before the Empire took control and it needed to have another look than the original trilogy. However, the use of too many computer effects for creatures and backgrounds didn’t do the trick. A lack of practical effects is one reason the prequels didn’t work as well as the original trilogy.

But now? It feels like we’re getting back to the roots of Star Wars. This alien on the set of Tatooine (not confirmed but it’s a reasonable guess for the location) is tangible and well-crafted, and the design is interesting. Maybe he’s a vendor selling wares or a consumer taking his vulture-chickens home. Whatever the case, seeing him gives me hope that we’ll be amazed by the creatures in this film.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2014, 04:01:20 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2014, 04:04:01 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2014, 04:17:21 PM »
Would nt a young Darth Vader spin off movie be great! Like showing him as a kid and how he got into the Jedi stuff!

YEAH!!!  ;D

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2014, 06:53:13 PM »
I'm looking forward to the new movie  :o

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2014, 07:21:25 PM »
Mark Hamill is now the same age as Alec Guiness was when the first Star Wars movie was filmed in 1976.

Sick.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »
Are they getting enough mileage out of Tatooine? It's a backwater planet that was supposed to represent the ass-end of existence where nothing happened in the first movie, before young Luke discovered his destiny and made his way out into the big wide galaxy. Yet it became the planetary equivalent of boba fett , something that was cool for 5 minutes but got ridiculously overused in the prequels.. and now we're back there again for the reboot. yay.

The total lack of imagination with the franchise is partly why I'm not that upset to no longer be working for Lucas  :-X