Author Topic: Aesthetic and crap awards for the Mr Olympia contestants.  (Read 11132 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Aesthetic and crap awards for the Mr Olympia contestants.
« on: October 19, 2006, 02:52:42 AM »
I had a look at all 358 images from the Olympia at MD. What surprized me is that only 3 or 4 guys had aesthetic physiques. Many looked like crap including the first two guys. The monsters joined the looking like crap guys.

If judged as an aesthetic contest then Ronnie Rockel wins. Dexter would win but his calves are atrocious. Speaking of having 'no' calves maybe we need a division for all those guys who just don't have calves? Most of the black guys would be in this division except Taylor and Martinez.

The only two guys who were really cut were Dennis Wolf and Paco Bautista. Wolf had the smallest waist relative to his shoulders. Sure just about everyone could produce abdominals when required but they looked smooth when standing around. I am worried about Jackson's abs.

The top 5 for aesthetics were Rockel, Jackson, Martinez, Henry, and Taylor. In a group just missing out are Gunter, Alves, and Anthony.

The worst aesthetics award go to Charles, Warren, Bautista, and Coleman. Cutler is not far behind because of his ab pose. James and Ruhl would look much better at about 40 pounds lighter bodyweight.

Do these guys even look in the mirror before they compete? Only two guys cutup and everyone else, including Jackson, carrying too much weight.

I hate to say it but most of the competitors looked like crap. Imagine if one of the guys came in with a small waist and ripped to shreds! That would look infinitely more impressive that what these guys looked like on stage. Even Ronnie Rockel was carrying too much size. He suffered when compared to others so that is probably why he thinks he needs more size.

Go have a look at the images and see for yourself.

If we combine the way the judges awarded the placings with aesthetics then Martinez is the best overall.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: Aesthetic and crap awards for the Mr Olympia contestants.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 02:57:44 AM »
I agree on Rockel getting screwed for a 2nd straight year, he has one of the best overall physiques out there now and he does not get rewarded for it.
I

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 03:15:35 AM »
I had a look at all 358 images from the Olympia at MD. What surprized me is that only 3 or 4 guys had aesthetic physiques. Many looked like crap including the first two guys. The monsters joined the looking like crap guys.

If judged as an aesthetic contest then Ronnie Rockel wins. Dexter would win but his calves are atrocious. Speaking of having 'no' calves maybe we need a division for all those guys who just don't have calves? Most of the black guys would be in this division except Taylor and Martinez.

The only two guys who were really cut were Dennis Wolf and Paco Bautista. Wolf had the smallest waist relative to his shoulders. Sure just about everyone could produce abdominals when required but they looked smooth when standing around. I am worried about Jackson's abs.

The top 5 for aesthetics were Rockel, Jackson, Martinez, Henry, and Taylor. In a group just missing out are Gunter, Alves, and Anthony.

The worst aesthetics award go to Charles, Warren, Bautista, and Coleman. Cutler is not far behind because of his ab pose. James and Ruhl would look much better at about 40 pounds lighter bodyweight.

Do these guys even look in the mirror before they compete? Only two guys cutup and everyone else, including Jackson, carrying too much weight.

I hate to say it but most of the competitors looked like crap. Imagine if one of the guys came in with a small waist and ripped to shreds! That would look infinitely more impressive that what these guys looked like on stage. Even Ronnie Rockel was carrying too much size. He suffered when compared to others so that is probably why he thinks he needs more size.

If we combine the way the judges awarded the placings with aesthetics then Martinez is the best overall.

First post that i agree with you.

kilojoule

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 03:17:19 AM »
If Rockel was 3 inches taller he'd be top 6. Great Physique.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 03:32:27 AM »
I rate that photo being the best from the Olympia. Rockel's back wasn't quite up to his front but he was still the best overall. He just suffered when standing next to the giants. Ditto Dexter.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 03:35:38 AM »

Want aesthetics, go to an art school! Or fitness competitions!
S

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 03:45:50 AM »
Want aesthetics, go to an art school! Or fitness competitions!

monster idiotic 200 posts newbie answer.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 03:49:47 AM »
monster idiotic 200 posts newbie answer.

Actually I believe he has 216 posts ::), but yes major douche of a post.
I

kilojoule

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 03:53:29 AM »
..the proof of the pudding..

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 03:58:04 AM »
Actually I believe he has 216 posts ::), but yes major douche of a post.

smart ass.  ;D ;D

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 04:03:55 AM »
..the proof of the pudding..

HAHAHAHAHA Jay getting owned by a guy who "did not place", Jay will never be fully respected for his "win", the more pics I see the more I feel I can not accept him as Mr. O.
I

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 04:06:24 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA Jay getting owned by a guy who "did not place", Jay will never be fully respected for his "win", the more pics I see the more I feel I can not accept him as Mr. O.

Lets write a petition to the IFBB that they should give the Sandow to Ronnie Rockel.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 04:10:59 AM »
Lets write a petition to the IFBB that they should give the Sandow to Ronnie Rockel.

We should atleast ask for weight classes................. ........ and a refridgerator class. I seriously think they should fire all judges and just have an election for Mr. O. ;D
I

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 04:17:18 AM »
We should atleast ask for weight classes................. ........ and a refridgerator class. I seriously think they should fire all judges and just have an election for Mr. O. ;D

fire all judges will be a good start. how about paying the judges, so that the contestants don't have to pay them?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 04:20:52 AM »
fire all judges will be a good start. how about paying the judges, so that the contestants don't have to pay them?

I have given up on the judges all together but we could vote for judges also, like the House of Representitives every 2 years.
I

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 04:22:20 AM »
If Rockel was 3 inches taller he'd be top 6. Great Physique.
too small to be considered a top 10 material..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 04:24:05 AM »
I have given up on the judges all together but we could vote for judges also, like the House of Representitives every 2 years.

good idea!

maybe we should just fire the Weiders, then some change may happen.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 05:25:51 AM »

How about going to the show next time instead of studying pictures.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 05:30:55 AM »

i dont think that much will change if you actually visit the show.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 05:35:58 AM »
We actually awarded a trophy to Chris Dickerson after the Mr Olympia and the trophy was taken to LA from Australia. Just about everyone was upset over the 1980 Mr Olympia.

Rockel at least deserved to be ahead of Darrem Charles! What an insult.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 05:55:06 AM »
First you must learn how to wrigth you stupid monkey!
S

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 05:57:39 AM »
First you must learn how to wrigth you stupid monkey!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ahahaahahaahahaahahahaha hahhahahahaahahahaaaaaaa ,

monster self owning!!! What an idiot.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 05:58:37 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ahahaahahaahahaahahahaha hahhahahahaahahahaaaaaaa ,

monster self owning!!! What an idiot.

I thought he did that on purpose so I didn't comment :-X
I

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 06:02:28 AM »
I thought he did that on purpose so I didn't comment :-X
You thought well! But the monkey dude didn't get it! So it is really stupid!
Monkey, from now on I will write in bold and underline for you to understand  :o
S

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 06:05:12 AM »
You thought well! But the monkey dude didn't get it! So it is really stupid!
Monkey, from now on I will write in bold and underline for you to understand  :o

hahahaahaa, you're furious because i aimed at your shitty newbie comment!!

get a life, boy, this is getbig! no need to cry, next time we'll laugh again.  :-* :-*

Oh, and say hello from me to your mom, i can't come over tonight.