Author Topic: Tony Nowak - RIP  (Read 32426 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: Tony Nowak - RIP
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2010, 04:08:18 AM »
PIP Big Tony  :'(

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Tony Nowak passed away
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 08:03:58 PM »
Cause many were fucking druggies.  Especially the ones out in LA (CA).  I mean come on dude....coke, H, all that shit was no big deal during the 60s and 70s when most of these guys were young and carefree.  Look at all the fucking coke and rec drugs in Pro BBing nowadays.  It's insane.  But most people buy into Chick's squeaky clean bullshit facade of BBing.   ::)  Most of these old guys were either alcoholics ala Vince Gironda or cokehead druggies ala Dave Draper.  

This aint the place, douchbag...start a thread. Show just one shread of class for once

Tuna Sammich

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2010, 04:08:17 AM »
Arnold: Big Tony...how are you?

Tony: Durhurhurhur

RIP man. Much love.

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »
                                      R.I.P

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2010, 03:14:14 PM »
Thats Kent Keuhn...

Chick, PLEASE do not pass false information. Thank you.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
What happened to Kent Keuhn?  I worked at Angel City Fitness for a while, about 5 years back and he was at the desk there.  I don't know what happened to him after that...had a lot of cool stories.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2010, 05:38:29 AM »
What happened to Kent Keuhn?  I worked at Angel City Fitness for a while, about 5 years back and he was at the desk there.  I don't know what happened to him after that...had a lot of cool stories.

On Jay Cutler's DVD From Jay to Z he can be seen workin' backstage at the Jr. California.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 03:05:20 PM »
The funeral for Tony was on Saturday - a number of people went. Arnold spoke there.

Nowak, Tony
June 13, 1949 - April 6, 2010

Tony Nowak, 60, owner of a garment manufacturing company specializing in original one-of-a-kind leather jackets for the film industry, died April 6, 2010. Originally from Poznan, Poland, Nowak was a long-time resident of Pacific Palisades with his wife of 18 years, Maria Barrie, and their sons Enzo Nowak, and Riley Barrie.

Described as larger than life by all who met him, Nowak had limitless passion for his family, his friends, and his adopted America. His sense of humor and sense of fun were boundless. He lived this motto: Be Healthy, Be Happy, Be Honest, Be Humble, Be Respectful, Be Yourself, and Enjoy Life.
Nowak's intense faith was evidenced in his daily life and he was an active member of St. Monica's Parish in Santa Monica. Physical fitness also played a large part in Nowak's life and some of his longtime friendships began in local gyms.

Nowak emigrated from Poland to Austria with his mother and sister in 1967 where he was an honor student and completed studies at Vienna Business School. He moved to California in the early 1970s. Opening his company in El Segundo, Nowak created works of art in leather. The exceptional quality of his workmanship was quickly noticed by the bodybuilding community and the film industry where his legacy will live on, seen in hundreds of films featuring his creations.

In addition to his immediate family, Nowak is survived by his sister, Maggie Cherwick, her husband Johnny and their two children Jessica and Tony, his brother Chris Nowak and his two sons Martin and Sebastian, and many extended family members in Poland and England.

Memorial services will be held at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 17th, 2010 at: St. Monica's Catholic Church, 725 California Street, Santa Monica, California 90403

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 06:30:17 PM »
Ron, did you go?

JessicaC

• Getbig I
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2010, 12:14:51 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jessica Cherwick (for those who attend the Arnold Classic may know my dad
Johnny Cherwick) and Tony Nowak was my uncle, my godfather, my role model, my friend, and
the strength for my family.

I want to thank you all for what you all have been saying about our Tony. It is a
shocking and tragic moment in all of our lives, but thank you for expressing your happy
memories about how he has made a difference in your life.

My uncle will always mean the world to me. He has taught me so many things in life and he
is the reason for how I am and who I am. I love him so much. He is the most generous,
strong, outgoing, loving, determined, hard working, and comical man who was filled with
such incredible wisdom. I am so lucky to have been so close to someone so amazing in my
life and I will continue to keep his spirit alive through my actions.

I am grateful for his positive presence in my life and it brings tears to my eyes to see
how many other lives he has touched. Thank you for sharing. It really helps.

Please say a prayer for him and our family and if anyone would like to share some stories
about him with me, I would appreciate that.

From my family and myself, we thank you kindly.

I want to leave you with something he wrote in my graduation card in November 2009.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have always imagined."

Thank you. 

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2010, 01:44:29 PM »
sad to hear that my condolances

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2010, 09:56:23 AM »
Tony with Danny P.

I met him a few years back at the Arnold expo. I am a Joe Blow fan and the guy went out of his way to talk to me about the old GOLDS and why he loved BB, etc.  My condolences to his family and loved ones at this time.
Did he have a wife and kids?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2010, 04:55:30 AM »
Heart attack from what I hear
Sad news....how old was he, Bob?

RIP "Big Tony".