Author Topic: At their house, working together means that Kelly shops and Craig cooks.  (Read 2936 times)

Junior III

• Getbig II
An unfortunate sentence in an 2001 Muscle & Fitness Hers article about their KR & CT's marital life.

Check this out for plenty of falsehoods about their wonderful marriage
http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/training/35?page=2

It includes a quote that CT lifted from the movie, 'Gladiator'
What you do in your life today echoes in eternity. Basically, if you take charge of your life today, it's going to set you up for the years to come.

Talk about foreshadowing.......

"Have you ever seen any of Jackie Chan's movies?"Kelly Ryan asks excitedly. "You see him go up walls and flip himself over. He's so strong for his bodyweight, he's able to control his every move." At the dazzling rate with which Kelly has been climbing the pro fitness competition ladder, you half expect her to follow in Chan's footsteps: Coming to an IFBB stage near you, Kelly ascends stage right and backflips over the judging panel, landing in a perfect front split!

Attaining pro status just two years ago with a win at the Team Universe in New York City, the former gymnast entered the 1999 Jan Tana and catapulted right into first place, then went on to seize an impressive second place at the '99 Fitness Olympia. Her next coup came last February when she snared the title at the prestigious Fitness International at the Arnold Classic in Columbus, Ohio.

"My goal in fitness is just to be the best," Kelly says simply. Listening to her talk, it's clear that she has found the recipe for success, which includes: 1) Build on your strengths; 2) bring up the weaknesses that matter, and 3) keep a positive attitude. Not that she has a written game plan; you won't find motivating pictures on her refrigerator or a training log in her gym bag. "For me, it's mental," she explains. "I'm so hungry and I know what I want to do."

Kelly has been pushed by some of the best coaches in the world, who taught her to focus on what she wants and how to get there. Fans may already know of her six-year stint training with legendary U.S. and former Romanian Olympic gymnastics coach Bela Karolyi beginning at age 8, before leaving elite gymnastics to pursue other sports. But the coaches who most likely made the biggest difference in Kelly's life were her parents. "Even when I was in gymnastics, my parents coached our swim team and my mother coached our high-school soccer team. At 54, she's an aerobics instructor who teaches six classes a week. My dad's an executive who plays golf and tennis, skis, water skis, drives racecars--you name it, he does it."

Over years of athletic competition, Kelly learned that success seldom comes in one big gulp, but more often in small bites. "It's just a matter of setting your goals and really looking at what you're trying to accomplish," she states. "And when you see your end goal, you've got to figure out a way to get there. That's by setting small goals. I get up every day and say, okay, what do I need to do?" For Kelly, the list usually includes phone calls to make, a press kit to assemble, tricks to practice for her routine, a bodypart to hit at the gym.

"It's a learning process," she says of her years in fitness competition. Though she regularly scores top marks in the routine round, Kelly works ceaselessly to improve. "I want to take my routines to the next level; I want to be different from everybody else. I want to bring up the strength part and create unique, signature moves that represent me, that would put my stamp on the fitness industry."

Gym time is dedicated to recontouring her physique. "It has taken me a while to create the V-taper," she admits. "A lot of it is just creating the shoulder width and the lat lines, creating the illusion of having a smaller waist, creating that bubble butt that makes your body really curvy, those nice tapered legs. I have to be really careful to do more shaping moves than power moves these days."

Kelly visualizes her look and performance in each upcoming show, and she maintains her focus on herself rather than on the competition. "I know what my body is capable of," she explains, and her greater goal--which goes beyond any one single contest win--looms large. She knows that she herself is capable of attaining first-name recognition on the fitness industry's short list of legends, among names such as Mia (Finnegan), Carol (Semple-Marzetta) and Monica (Brant). Kelly speaks with respect of these women's talents and contributions, but her unabashed zeal to join their ranks is obvious.

For optimal results, add a fourth ingredient to the three already listed in Kelly's recipe for success: Surround yourself with positive people. Married last June to IFBB pro bodybuilder Craig Titus, Kelly calls him her soulmate and perfect match. "He thrives on me being a champion and I thrive on him being a champion. We push each other. We're both really driven, but we also keep each other in check." If men in Kelly's past felt threatened by her burning competitive drive, Craig has no problem. "We're both so motivated to be involved in the sport," Kelly notes.
At their house, working together means that Kelly shops and Craig cooks. Kelly helps Craig put together his posing routine; Craig maintains a careful watch on Kelly's training program. Kelly does cardio with Craig precontest, and makes sure his meals are packed and his tanner perfect. Craig oversees Kelly's bookings, contract negotiations and business matters. Together they eat sushi on Sunday, take in a movie, share some popcorn and, every weeknight, kick back to watch reruns of "Friends."

The couple couldn't be happier, especially in the business of fitness and bodybuilding where petty jealousies and childish rivalries are commonplace. "We try to keep people around us who are very positive, who are go-getters, who really enjoy life and are doing things they want to do," Kelly says. "Our circle of friends is made up of good, positive influences."

There's a murmur behind her. Kelly laughs, then explains: "Craig heard a quote in 'Gladiator': What you do in your life today echoes in eternity. Basically, if you take charge of your life today, it's going to set you up for the years to come. So we're trying to establish ourselves so we can be in a position to give back. We want to be good, positive role models and be the best we can be within our industry. Sometimes people look at me like I'm crazy, but I want to be the best," she reiterates. "I have such a passion for it, so it's not work."

She recalls with emotion her debut at the '99 Fitness Olympia: "I'd been reading the magazines since about '94 and I'd think, 'If I could just get there . . . what would it be like to be at the Fitness Olympia?' It was something I'd wanted so badly for so long. To take second place my first time there and to hear the crowd respond after my routine, to hear people cheering for me--that's something irreplaceable, priceless. That's why I'm so excited, and I want to make myself the best I can be for my friends and family and the people who've believed in me and helped me get to where I am today. I don't want to let them down."

If this dynamic, determined performer has anything to do with it--and of course she does--that just won't happen.

Kelly does ab and more calf work at gymnastics practice twice a week, along with various push-ups. She also does 45 minutes of cardio daily. Precontest, she ups the aerobic work to two one-hour sessions, one in the morning and one in the evening.

buffalo

• Getbig IV
Re: At their house, working together means that Kelly shops and Craig cooks.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 06:55:34 PM »
"Together they eat sushi on Sunday, take in a movie, share some popcorn and, every weeknight, kick back to watch reruns of "Friends."

The couple couldn't be happier, especially in the business of fitness and bodybuilding where petty jealousies and childish rivalries are commonplace. "We try to keep people around us who are very positive, who are go-getters, who really enjoy life and are doing things they want to do," Kelly says. "Our circle of friends is made up of good, positive influences."

That's from kelly's heart and how it started out...then Craig fucked it all up ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 10:03:03 PM »
The couple couldn't be happier, especially in the business of fitness and bodybuilding where petty jealousies and childish rivalries are commonplace. "We try to keep people around us who are very positive, who are go-getters, who really enjoy life and are doing things they want to do," Kelly says. "Our circle of friends is made up of good, positive influences." [/b]

People that REALLY live like that don't feel the need to brag about how boring they are.

they were saying it to win endorsement money. And it worked.

Titus tried to peak one last time in Feb of this year, and he lost. Meth use followed.  As did the sex romps, parties, and this mess.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 06:17:57 AM »
those two are totally unreal people.
what do you expect ?

washedup

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 09:27:45 AM »
"Together they eat sushi on Sunday, take in a movie, share some popcorn and, every weeknight, kick back to watch reruns of "Friends."

This is the perfect voice-over for viewing the sex tape.