Author Topic: American Muscle Cars age better than exotics?  (Read 29476 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: American Muscle Cars age better than exotics?
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »
I would rock this lambo than any old muscle car... you guys are posting the original countach prototypes looking like ass or ones that are just ass but showing  completely restored/modded muscle cars and saying its a fair comparison:

Any day this.. I've seen one in real life and man is it low to the ground compared to well anything...

In other news:

haters gonna hate:

hmmm

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2012, 03:33:01 PM »
V12 love

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2012, 03:51:25 PM »
Pro Touring all the way. You get the timeless look of a classic muscle car with the addition of modern high performance engines, brakes, tires, suspensions, etc. A modified 700hp L7 motor idling in a '69 Camaro sounds way more badass than any Italian import. Maybe with the exception of a Ford V8 Pantera..

Ya I love that, it's what I'd do with a muscle car if I had one, but that's not stock. In fact it's runing wide R comps and I bet it had modern double a arm suspension done all around, modern brakes, modern shocks, etc... not a fair comparison :)

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2012, 07:36:08 PM »

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2012, 02:42:01 PM »
 8)

you gotta admit..

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2012, 02:46:39 PM »
comparison of muscle and exotics is questionable when you are rating them in looks thrill and exhilaration. to me its not about money its about the feeling the car gives you when you see it and experience it.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2012, 05:29:23 PM »
comparison of muscle and exotics is questionable when you are rating them in looks thrill and exhilaration. to me its not about money its about the feeling the car gives you when you see it and experience it.
I guess now that I think about it you can do so much more with American Muscle looks and performance wise.

Some exotics remind me of a kid's toy car. Perhaps over designed? Especially the Countach. I am not a fan of the Diablo / Galardo either. The Ferraris are a little better imo.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2013, 11:09:56 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=82455

First Look At Leadfoot On TRANSFORMERS 4 Set

The Wreckers are back! Well, at least Leadfoot is most certainly back. As the Nascar-styled Autobot was spotted on the Pontiac, Michigan set of Transformers 4, along with the new version of Bumblebee.

Bumblebee!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2013, 11:19:23 PM »
Everyone who's driven a countach says it drives like ass.

I have sat in one and I couldn't see anything out of the rear windows and the blind spots were horrendous.

Would not want to drive it seriously. It's cool to sit in though.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2013, 11:35:45 PM »
Everyone who's driven a countach says it drives like ass.

I have sat in one and I couldn't see anything out of the rear windows and the blind spots were horrendous.

Would not want to drive it seriously. It's cool to sit in though.

I've driven my friends Murc a few times..not the kind of car you jump in and go hog-wild. I felt claustroohobic, couldn't see shit and was worried i was going to fuck up his 150,000 dollar car.There is a learning curve with those cars. I could hop into a 69 camaro and be going down the street sideways wIth the back tIres lit up, and be perfectly confident.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2013, 11:45:01 PM »
I've driven my friends Murc a few times..not the kind of car you jump in and go hog-wild. I felt claustroohobic, couldn't see shit and was worried i was going to fuck up his 150,000 dollar car.There is a learning curve with those cars. I could hop into a 69 camaro and be going down the street sideways wIth the back tIres lit up, and be perfectly confident.

I could see this.

I had no problems tearing up my Uncle's vette ZR-1 or his Viper either... Don't know why, but as unruly as the Viper was, without any ABS or traction control, it just felt right.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2013, 12:17:18 AM »
Yes, American muscle cars age very well in general. IMO especially Eyetalian cars do not age well. But a classic Mercedes, BMW or UK sports car*,** looks great forever.

* disclaimer: not the Lotus Esprit. Although still slightly better than the Countach.

** As soon as I move to a house with a garage I'm getting a Morgan +8. :)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2013, 12:48:28 AM »

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2013, 01:07:18 AM »
I really like the flying buttress rear pillars of the 1970 Dodge Charger, probably my favorite muscle car.

Later copied (and copied well, IMO) by the Jaguar XJS.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2013, 05:59:10 AM »
And where is this lot? I don't expect many people in rural Georgia to know that there's anything other than rural Georgia, much less about exotic cars.

But I'd take the challenge anyways - put a stock '69 Mustang against a stock Ferrari 250GTO and the Mustang is unlikely to get a first, let alone a second look. But looks are ultimately subjective.

If you want to look beyond just looks there's simply no comparison.

Take the Lamborhini Miura, for example. In '69 it came with disk brakes all around; the Mustang didn't. In 1969 it came with a V12 engine 4L engine that put out 350 horsepower; the Mustang topped out with a 7L V8 that put 335 horsepower; the Miura had double wishbone independent suspension all around; the Mustang had leaf springs and a solid rear axle sourced from the Fairlane; the Miura had a 5-speed manual; the Mustang a 3-speed automatic (or a 4-speed manual). The Miura did 0-60 in under 7 seconds and hit 170mph; the Boss Mustang took 7 seconds to get to 60 but topped out at less than 120mph.

That's not to take away anything from American muscle cars - they were in a category all their own and definitely more affordable than an Italian exotic. But it's largely idiotic to assert that they were the best thing on the road, or that an exotic won't merit a second look where a muscle car will.

Where is the lot? I was making a point that the classic American Muscle cars draw more attention than the kit cars of Italy with their race motors. I guess that was above your comprehension.  No, I'm not from rural Georgia. I spent my first 27 years one mile away from NYC. They have a lot of classic car shows in Jersey and that's just what I see. The American Muscle cars are surrounded by people and the old Italian cars barely get any traffic. To defend people from rural Georgia I bet they can work on their own cars unlike Ferrari fans.

Your assertion that the base motor in these cars can't compare to a car that cost in some circumstances 10 plus times  more in performance is idiotic.  The American classics were cheap for the masses and were always worked on. Try to find a stock 69 muscle car anywhere that hasn't had work. I would like to see your beloved cars out preform many of these cars in a quarter mile. A 69 Mustang with a 429 or a 69 Camaro with a 454 with hot cams and big carbs would dust the costly Italian jobs on the strip and look better standing still.

American classic muscle cars are for men and most old exotics are for faggy douche bag pretenders. How's that for a non sequitur?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2016, 12:29:13 AM »
All New Transformers Movies Must Have an Evil Mustang, and Here’s the Latest

http://blog.caranddriver.com/all-new-transformers-movies-must-have-an-evil-mustang-and-heres-the-latest/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2016, 08:27:57 AM »
Game Over!

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/ford-gt-beats-ferrari-again-at-le-mans-america-rules-1782242093

Ford GT Beats Ferrari Again At Le Mans, America Rules