Author Topic: The Anabolic Diet...I think I've seen the light!  (Read 39938 times)

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
Re: The Anabolic Diet...I think I've seen the light!
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 07:57:57 AM »
that diet made me hella aggressive
I

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 05:18:39 AM »
I keep making it 4 days of low carbs and then boom!, I binge on junk food and feel disgusted with myself

I really hope to stick with it, because I look much better on low carbs

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 05:42:21 AM »
Yeah I'm on day 3 and all I want is a sugar cookie man.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 06:36:12 AM »
You guys have to give your body time to adjust to the diet, Pasquale recomends something like 4 weeks, but I did a month and trust me I felt terrible the first couple of weeks, but now I feel great. Don't give in!!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 07:30:43 AM »
You guys have to give your body time to adjust to the diet, Pasquale recomends something like 4 weeks, but I did a month and trust me I felt terrible the first couple of weeks, but now I feel great. Don't give in!!

Did you do the high carb weekends in the first four weeks or just straight no carb 4 weeks to adjust first?

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 09:21:39 AM »
Did you do the high carb weekends in the first four weeks or just straight no carb 4 weeks to adjust first?

No, no carbs for a month....well actually 30 carbs per day...then after that I had my first carb up, where I've been taking in 700-800 grams of carbs per day mostly clean, and lower the protein and fats on the carb up days.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
you did no carbs for a month?  :o

Strong will power bro, congrats

Is that reccommended before you start?

Do you really feel like you are leaning out on this diet?
Air Falcon

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »
you did no carbs for a month?  :o

Strong will power bro, congrats

Is that reccommended before you start?

Do you really feel like you are leaning out on this diet?

The book doesn't really make it clear that you have to wait a month before you can start having carb up weekends

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 01:05:52 PM »
I read through the whole diet and no where does he even say to eat veggies.  I find the book lacking in details on the types of foods to eat. Sure he lists all types of meats but what else?

meats eggs cheeses oils nuts vegetables. snacks are okay just keep them no carb. like i mentioned earlier pork rinds. also, beef jerkey as long as its no carb.  tons of fat and protein and then green vegetables.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 01:43:48 PM »
Wouldn't this diet be somewhat harmful in the long run though?  Seems like it would be adequate for physique enhancement, but I doubt that anyone could stay on this forever, and when someone would go back to eating carbs regularly, wouldn't there be a substantial rebound effect causing one to retain a lot of fat and water.  The absence of any kind of fruits and vegetables, coupled with all of the fats could lead to health problems as well IMO.
Air Falcon

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 03:10:39 PM »
Wouldn't this diet be somewhat harmful in the long run though?  Seems like it would be adequate for physique enhancement, but I doubt that anyone could stay on this forever, and when someone would go back to eating carbs regularly, wouldn't there be a substantial rebound effect causing one to retain a lot of fat and water.  The absence of any kind of fruits and vegetables, coupled with all of the fats could lead to health problems as well IMO.
generally speaking, fats are not unhealthy... saturated fats can have negative health effects, but normally ONLY when combined with carbohydrate dense foods.  trans fats are very unhealthy... however this diet doesnt want you to eat trans fats.  most fats though, are very healthy!

the issue abotu fruits and vegetables....this is accurate. but vegetables are just fine on this diet. it may not outline it on the pdf, but theres no reaosn why you shouldnt eat them...in fact the more the better. As for fruits...theres no need to eat them if your already eating vegetables. everyhting fruits can do vegetables can do it too, and can do it better. (except stimulate taste buds, of course!)

about the rebound effect... yes. that is an issue. this i more of a lifestyle diet however. its intended to be used continually forever.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 04:36:43 PM »
generally speaking, fats are not healthy... saturated fats can have negative health effects, but normally ONLY when combined with carbohydrate dense foods.  trans fats are very unhealthy... however this diet doesnt want you to eat trans fats.  most fats though, are very healthy!

the issue abotu fruits and vegetables....this is accurate. but vegetables are just fine on this diet. it may not outline it on the pdf, but theres no reaosn why you shouldnt eat them...in fact the more the better. As for fruits...theres no need to eat them if your already eating vegetables. everyhting fruits can do vegetables can do it too, and can do it better. (except stimulate taste buds, of course!)

about the rebound effect... yes. that is an issue. this i more of a lifestyle diet however. its intended to be used continually forever.

Good response dizzle,

Go 4 it, you plan on staying on the "Anabolic Diet" forever?  Did the no carbs for a month also mean that you consumed no alcohol for an entire month?
Air Falcon

Seijuro

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 06:05:34 PM »
generally speaking, fats are not unhealthy... saturated fats can have negative health effects, but normally ONLY when combined with carbohydrate dense foods.  trans fats are very unhealthy... however this diet doesnt want you to eat trans fats.  most fats though, are very healthy!

mmm... when u take lots of fats, like cream, cheese... lymphatic system suffers, because fats become "quilomicrones" and travel through it. Maybe u feel some gland puffed up... Common sense say it's not so healthy, I tried to eat 4 days crazy full of fats and that was the worst look of my life.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 07:11:08 AM »
So my first weekend I can carb up? I'm unclear. Or.. do I have to go 3-4 weeks on 30g carbs then I'm allowed my carb weekends. Please help. :-\

Seijuro

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 08:06:22 AM »
So my first weekend I can carb up? I'm unclear. Or.. do I have to go 3-4 weeks on 30g carbs then I'm allowed my carb weekends. Please help. :-\

In my point of view, you can carb up, it will be easier, but if u can wait 2 or 3 weeks, u'll get leaner and stronger hormon change (low insuline, high gh, t...)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 08:47:44 AM »

I read the doc and they say you have to wait for your body to turn.  Which can take 2-4 weeks before you start eating carbs.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 10:15:53 AM »
Good deal thanks fellas

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2009, 10:31:24 AM »

Good response dizzle,

Go 4 it, you plan on staying on the "Anabolic Diet" forever?  Did the no carbs for a month also mean that you consumed no alcohol for an entire month?

Yeah, no alcohol for a month :-\ I don't know if I will stay on it forever, but I will definitely be incorporating this diet at various times of throughout the year, I think it's a great cutting diet for summer or whatever, or a would be great to use when cutting on carbs and you get stuck at a certain point, I think switching to this will get that last little bit of fat off. I will say that this diet is definitely easy to stay on year round for me I wouldn't have any problem with it, but I feel that I need to improve much more (mass wise), but if you already have the body that you strive for, I think this diet would be perfect for maintaining/slowly adding muscle/recovery/energy year round. I used the Palumbo diet for the last 2 weeks before the Mr. Getbig contest and I lost I think around 8 pounds and maintained the muscle, it gets you dry. 2 pics from the contest, and the Balboa pic was from Haloween Oct 31, I think I submitted my pics on Nov 12 started the Palumbo diet Nov 1.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2009, 11:55:41 AM »
your legs are sooo small  :-X :-[

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2009, 02:45:58 PM »
Those first two pics are impressive! Great work bro!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2009, 07:56:21 AM »
That last pic is ultra gay

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2009, 11:51:45 AM »
your legs are sooo small  :-X :-[

No doubt, but I've made some major progress over the last 4-5 months, and I will keep improving them.

Those first two pics are impressive! Great work bro!

Thanks man, not bad, but definitely need to improve.

That last pic is ultra gay

Haha..yeah I agree pretty gay pic, but I think the custume was cool, and definitely was a hit with the ladies (no homo ;D)!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2009, 10:37:54 PM »
  A huge natural bodybuilder I know, who I know for a fact is natural because he is an Evangelical Christian fanatic, told me that the key for mass is coconut meat. Fats are great for mass because they're calorically dense, but saturated fats, although being awesome at boosting testosterone, are not ideal because they hamper digestion and increase insulin resistence. Coconut meat is ideal because it contains lots of unsaturated fats and good saturated fatty acids. The man is 5'10 and 240 lbs. He's not ripped, but his bodyfat is probably just about average.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2009, 11:56:54 PM »
you dont need insulin resistance when you have no carbs in your diet.  without carbs your body wont produce the insulin to store fat

suckmymuscle

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 12:16:22 AM »
you dont need insulin resistance when you have no carbs in your diet.  without carbs your body wont produce the insulin to store fat

I made a mistake. I mean saturated fats increase insulin resistence, not decreases it. Sorry.

SUCKMYMUSCLE