Author Topic: DEA moves to reschedule cannabis  (Read 1367 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
DEA moves to reschedule cannabis
« on: April 30, 2024, 12:09:33 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will move to reclassify marijuana as a less dangerous drug, The Associated Press has learned, a historic shift to generations of American drug policy that could have wide ripple effects across the country.

The DEA’s proposal, which still must be reviewed by the White House Office of Management and Budget, would recognize the medical uses of cannabis and acknowledge it has less potential for abuse than some of the nation’s most dangerous drugs. However, it would not legalize marijuana outright for recreational use.

The agency’s move, confirmed to the AP on Tuesday by five people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive regulatory review, clears the last significant regulatory hurdle before the agency’s biggest policy change in more than 50 years can take effect.

Once OMB signs off, the DEA will take public comment on the plan to move marijuana from its current classification as a Schedule I drug, alongside heroin and LSD. It moves pot to Schedule III, alongside ketamine and some anabolic steroids following a recommendation from the federal Health and Human Services Department. After the public comment period and a review by an administrative judge, the agency would eventually publish the final rule.

https://apnews.com/article/marijuana-biden-dea-criminal-justice-pot-f833a8dae6ceb31a8658a5d65832a3b8

Stuff like this is why the Democrats are fucking worthless.  This change does nothing for your average American.  They have a no-brainer chance to get a bunch of popular support by legalizing cannabis—a policy with bipartisan support that polls highly across all demographics—and they half ass it like this.  24 states have it legalized for recreational use, 38 have it for medical … what on earth are they waiting for?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: DEA moves to reschedule cannabis
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 12:42:31 PM »
It helps a tiny bit with the sentencing (https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2021-12/Trafficking%20Penalties.pdf). But you're right, it really does nothing for common folks.                                       

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 12:52:33 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/marijuana-biden-dea-criminal-justice-pot-f833a8dae6ceb31a8658a5d65832a3b8

Stuff like this is why the Democrats are fucking worthless.
This change does nothing for your average American.  They have a no-brainer chance to get a bunch of popular support by legalizing cannabis—a policy with bipartisan support that polls highly across all demographics—and they half ass it like this.  24 states have it legalized for recreational use, 38 have it for medical … what on earth are they waiting for?

The shitter is desperate for drug-addict votes.

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024, 01:00:59 PM »
Today's pot STINKS!! Ugh! It doesn't smell like it did in the 70's/80's when i was in school. A friend in NY told me how it just reeks up there and said that you smell it in your apartment too from neighbors. Ugh!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 01:02:20 PM »
There's a reason it's called "dope". 

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 01:19:10 PM »
Today's pot STINKS!! Ugh! It doesn't smell like it did in the 70's/80's when i was in school. A friend in NY told me how it just reeks up there and said that you smell it in your apartment too from neighbors. Ugh!
Go drink your alcohol.
T

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 09:43:43 PM »

Edibles.  Look into them.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2024, 12:44:11 AM »
Is Brian behind this move so he can smoke cannabis and tell everyone it isnt cannabis?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2024, 12:51:46 AM »
I never liked Pot..............at times I felt great and in the zone when doing something like shooting pool (nobody could beat me)....at other times, and most often, I was a freaked out and paranoid.

Paranoia has to be one of the scariest feeling ever.

Test is best!  ;)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2024, 03:30:01 AM »
The shitter is desperate for drug-addict votes.

People who use marijuana are not drug addicts. Its funny you guys call me a junky because I use cannabis a plant then start confessing to a dozen different weird lab created drugs you guys all take for anxiety depression sleep etc etc

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2024, 05:15:25 AM »
People who use marijuana are not drug addicts. Its funny you guys call me a junky because I use cannabis a plant then start confessing to a dozen different weird lab created drugs you guys all take for anxiety depression sleep etc etc

Every drug addict says they're not a drug addicts. It's a coping mechanism. You just did it right there by claiming it's just a " plant " that's like saying wine is just grapes  ::) Todays mamajuana is much more powerful than the old days. while it may not be physically addictive like opioids it's certainly mentally addictive because every person I knew who didn't have anymore or couldn't get it where miseriable bitches  alos every person I knew who did it also said when not on it they feel so much better without it. In my opinion it's just such a waste of money

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2024, 05:33:04 AM »

Marijuana dependence occurs when the brain adapts to large amounts of the drug by reducing production of and sensitivity to its own endocannabinoid neurotransmitters

Marijuana use disorder becomes addiction when the person cannot stop using the drug even though it interferes with many aspects of his or her life. Estimates of the number of people addicted to marijuana are controversial, in part because epidemiological studies of substance use often use dependence as a proxy for addiction even though it is possible to be dependent without being addicted. Those studies suggest that 9% of people who use marijuana will become dependent on it rising to about 17% in those who start using in their teens.

Rotter A, Bayerlein K, Hansbauer M, et al. CB1 and CB2 receptor expression and promoter methylation in patients with cannabis dependence. Eur Addict Res. 2013;19(1):13-20. doi:10.1159/000338642

Morgan CJA, Page E, Schaefer C, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid anandamide levels, cannabis use and psychotic-like symptoms. Br J Psychiatry J Ment Sci. 2013;202(5):381-382. doi:10.1192/bjp.bp.112.121178

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2024, 06:01:47 AM »

People often claim "lab created" drugs are bad and a plant is not. But they seem to forget cocaine and morphine are from natural plants as well. If cannabis is "God's gift to humanity" as some say, why not cocaine and morphine as well?
Natural isn't synonymous with good and synthetic is not synonymous with bad, you have to look at it on a case by case basis, imo.

Several smokers have told me they have plenty of withdrawals when stopping cannabis, from heavy sweats to severe depression. These are not naive beginners but guys who have used it for maybe 30 years. Another side effect is the hyperemesis syndrome.

like cannabis but I don't seem to get addicted or dependent, probably because it doesn't cause very heavy euphoria which helps in moderating use. Sometimes it does cause some degree of euphoria, thing seem more beautiful, but it can also cause bad anxiety and paranoia, it can make problems seem even worse.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2024, 07:09:15 AM »
I knew and hung with a lot of people that smoked and did myself some in my 20s and 30s. A large majority of those people are living exactly the same as they did then, but they are just a lot older now. At some point it just got boring.

Keeping people lazy and distracted while they part out the country for profit is what continues to go on.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2024, 07:43:06 AM »

With all your "ailments" perhaps there is only so much daylight left in your world.
Addict.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2024, 08:28:38 AM »
Wonder why prohibition only lasted 13 years? 

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2024, 08:39:00 AM »
I knew and hung with a lot of people that smoked and did myself some in my 20s and 30s. A large majority of those people are living exactly the same as they did then, but they are just a lot older now. At some point it just got boring.

Keeping people lazy and distracted while they part out the country for profit is what continues to go on.

This.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2024, 08:45:13 AM »
There`s a river in Egypt called Denial.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2024, 11:25:28 AM »
Edibles.  Look into them.

Also suppositories
T

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2024, 01:11:42 PM »
Having smoked weed for many years before stopping, I can’t say it’s addictive, more like habit forming. When I stopped, I missed it for about a week, but there were no withdrawal symptoms.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2024, 02:01:58 PM »
Having smoked weed for many years before stopping, I can’t say it’s addictive, more like habit forming. When I stopped, I missed it for about a week, but there were no withdrawal symptoms.
Exactly. Only mentally addictive not physically that's why it should not be schedule one with heroin. The only people who don't like cannabis are the ones who cannot handle it. Lots of paranoid people who should not use it.
T

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2024, 03:01:36 PM »
Exactly. Only mentally addictive not physically that's why it should not be schedule one with heroin. The only people who don't like cannabis are the ones who cannot handle it. Lots of paranoid people who should not use it.

I do not like marijuana because I cannot abide lazy ass, slovenly people in public, especially behind the wheel of cars and trucks.  Because since it became legal in commiefornia they now put up messages on the freeways that if you're caught driving high its like driving drunk.  As if our pedophile loving Goobenor will do anything to a loadie.  Pffft!

Loadies think themselves harmless to others.  Not in my experience. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2024, 03:14:28 PM »

You could nit pick this, mentally vs physically addiction, argue that mental is part of the physical, but I get what you mean. Though there are some physical withdrawals, like the sweating increase I mentioned, insomnia, "epic" dream rebound after, because the weed stopped dreaming in many cases and so on. I don't seem to get this reduction in dreams most seem to mention, it might even increase the amount of disturbing dreams.

Like I said I think weed isn't that euphoric a lot of times, there isn't that compulsive redosing like with other drugs, usually I just wish I didn't smoke that much as it can be mentally exhausting lol.
Although some get this "smoke a bowl in the morning before even getting up in bed" thing, but for me usually it's something I'd want in the evening mostly. With Vyvance and other stims is that within 10 minutes of dropping in the morning, bam, there's all this energy and positive emotion, motivation to do things is high. Although they do say amphetamine or stims is NOT physically addicting in the strictest sense, unlike opiates for example. I drop stims like nothing even though I absolutely love them.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2024, 03:21:52 PM »
I do not like marijuana because I cannot abide lazy ass, slovenly people in public, especially behind the wheel of cars and trucks.  Because since it became legal in commiefornia they now put up messages on the freeways that if you're caught driving high its like driving drunk.  As if our pedophile loving Goobenor will do anything to a loadie.  Pffft!

Loadies think themselves harmless to others.  Not in my experience.

Have you ever smoked yourself? Going into a room where everyone is loaded can be irritating. Everyone is very quiet, well not everyone but most, and SLOW both physically and mentally.

Regarding driving high, it seems to it's impossible to police people for driving "high" because to my understanding they only basically go by people appearing impaired. Of course some people always smoke while driving, or almost exclusively when driving, seems to be a thing, just something you do if you're a weed lover.

Goliathon

• Getbig III
  • Here comes the boom!!
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2024, 07:32:06 PM »
I never liked Pot..............at times I felt great and in the zone when doing something like shooting pool (nobody could beat me)....at other times, and most often, I was a freaked out and paranoid.

Paranoia has to be one of the scariest feeling ever.

Test is best!  ;)

If you're paranoid it's probably because you're consuming to much.

If you drink an entire pot of coffee and shit your pants that's not because caffeine is a bad drug. Problem is people treat a joint like it's a cigarette, it's not. 1 joint can get you 10 times higher than another depending on its strenghtcand how much is floating in your blood stream.