Author Topic: My kid last night hitting 480lbs  (Read 28197 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: My kid last night hitting 480lbs
« Reply #250 on: March 30, 2015, 12:28:20 PM »
WTF are you even talking about...dolt. Where do you anything about politics in the above post?

scroll up to your last reply to me

jesus fuck you are stupid

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #251 on: March 30, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
development of what...your ego?

is your kid trjavascript:void(0);aining for a powerlifting competition?

what is the point of doing a 1 rep max on anything?

btw - why do you even bring up "liberal"

what does your ego boost have to do with politics?

If I explained you wouldn't understand anyway.  

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: March 30, 2015, 12:32:31 PM »
Oh I see. I just use touch and go to help people gauge depth when we teach a traditional squat.  

Yes that's what I was thinking lower back cannot take Olympic squats any more and years of going rock bottom I now find it impossible to stop at parallel now once past warm up sets abs thought a box at parallel just as a depth gauge may be an acceptable alternative to the regular squat for a bloke with no athletic goal other than building size and strength in the quads

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #253 on: March 30, 2015, 12:32:46 PM »
scroll up to your last reply to me

jesus fuck you are stupid

I haven't posted in this thread in like 2 days. I couldn't give a shit what you said or how I replied to it. Go away, troll. This is a training thread. if you want to learn something about training just shut the fuck up and pay attention. Unless you're doing the Obama workout and Mooshell eating plan.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2015, 12:35:07 PM »
I haven't posted in this thread in like 2 days. I couldn't give a shit what you said or how I replied to it. Go away, troll. This is a training thread. if you want to learn something about training just shut the fuck up and pay attention. Unless you're doing the Obama workout and Mooshell eating plan.
Stop referring to politics.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2015, 12:36:16 PM »
Yes that's what I was thinking lower back cannot take Olympic squats any more and years of going rock bottom I now find it impossible to stop at parallel now once past warm up sets abs thought a box at parallel just as a depth gauge may be an acceptable alternative to the regular squat for a bloke with no athletic goal other than building size and strength in the quads

One thing to remember is that Olympic lifters and Power lifters protect their low backs by doing a ton of posterior accessory lifts.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: March 30, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »
One thing to remember is that Olympic lifters and Power lifters protect their low backs by doing a ton of posterior accessory lifts.

Good point, I always assumed deadlifts had that covered

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2015, 12:38:50 PM »
If I explained you wouldn't understand anyway.  

get over yourself and explain it

stop kidding yourself that this is something that's hard to understand (then again, I am aware that many many things are in fact hard for you to understand)

you couldn't even understand my first post on this thread

Coach can't even master the task of embedding a youtube video so I'm sure actually creating one is well  beyond his capability.

Joe - why did you post this video.  Are you really so desperate for attention that you'll expose your own kid to ridicule?

Awsome response genious. It's not a YouTube. But feel free to come down and train us. I promise I'll keep the weight at less 225 so it doesn't bury your fat ass.

LOL

I hope you're not his spelling coach

no shit it's not a youtube video and I never said it was

I said you were too stupid to even know how to embed a youtube video much less create one

I squat at the end of my workout (after leg extensions and leg press) and these days don't go above 275-315 but it's not some bullshit 1 rep box squat with 4 spotters

It's full squats for 10-15 reps

btw - why did you post this in the first place.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »
Stop referring to politics.

Strawman is from the poli board and likes to troll me. Obviously. He has NO interest in this thread except for this. He's a troll with many gimmicks. I don't start training threads with an intention of putting a political statement. Yep, I started with straw on the poli slap because, again, his intention was to troll me. He does the same with Soul Crusher as well. He wouldn't dare take about training.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2015, 12:49:58 PM »
Strawman is from the poli board and likes to troll me. Obviously. He has NO interest in this thread except for this. He's a troll with many gimmicks. I don't start training threads with an intention of putting a political statement. Yep, I started with straw on the poli slap because, again, his intention was to troll me. He does the same with Soul Crusher as well. He wouldn't dare take about training.

I'm not trolling you dipshit

my first post on this thread was a reply to someone else

I've talked about training all the time.  We have a training board.

You're the one who chose to post (well attempt to post) a video of your kid and then invite people to flame him

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2015, 12:52:10 PM »
ok fair one ..

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »

Last year I was training to dead lift over 600lbs I got to 555 didnt property warm up trying to hit 560 and blew my lower back out for 3days LMFAO, I quit after that

I try my best to just go in and hit the weights with moderate weight but the challenge of lifting heavy always takes over

wow, the exact thing happened to me with almost the exact same weight(545) gym was closing early because of a snowstorm a few weeks ago and i raced trying to get the whole workout. still scared of deadlifting

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #262 on: March 30, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »
ok fair one ..

Joe is a certified idiot

I have no gimmicks and all I've ever asked is why he posted this (or attempted to post) this video in the first place and what value is there for a 17 year old kid to be doing a 1 rep box squat.

So far, he has no answers to either one of those very simple questions

I've posted numerous times on the training board

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #263 on: March 30, 2015, 03:10:44 PM »
Joe is a certified idiot

I have no gimmicks and all I've ever asked is why he posted this (or attempted to post) this video in the first place and what value is there for a 17 year old kid to be doing a 1 rep box squat.

I don't post on the training board.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »
Joe is a certified idiot

I'm going to legitimately answer your question even though I answered this very question in an earlier thread. At different times during pre-season training we work to a 1RM to develop as much absolute strength and power as possible then as the season gets closer we up the rep range to 3-5 and decrease the percentage of the loads. And once again from a training standpoint, this help reduce the risk of on field collision injuries but increase the athletes first step by being more explosive (I gave the example of forced application or power). The other reason is that scouts and coaches that have athletes entering college level want to see indicator numbers such as 1RM in the bench, squat and power clean. Most college S&C coaches will take box squat numbers simply because box squats are becoming more acceptable, but we give both traditional squat numbers as well.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2015, 03:59:41 PM »

Strengthening your core will do more to save your back than anything to do with the posterior chain.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #266 on: March 30, 2015, 04:04:43 PM »
Strengthening your core will do more to save your back than anything to do with the posterior chain.

tons of core work for sure

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #267 on: March 30, 2015, 04:08:57 PM »
Joe is a certified idiot

nothing against you or him.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #268 on: March 30, 2015, 04:09:12 PM »
I'm going to legitimately answer your question even though I answered this very question in an earlier thread. At different times during pre-season training we work to a 1RM to develop as much absolute strength and power as possible then as the season gets closer we up the rep range to 3-5 and decrease the percentage of the loads. And once again from a training standpoint, this help reduce the risk of on field collision injuries but increase the athletes first step by being more explosive (I gave the example of forced application or power). The other reason is that scouts and coaches that have athletes entering college level want to see indicator numbers such as 1RM in the bench, squat and power clean. Most college S&C coaches will take box squat numbers simply because box squats are becoming more acceptable, but we give both traditional squat numbers as well.

was that so hard

jeez, you can't even remember responses in this thread yet you expect me to remember something you wrote in another thread?

in the highlighted sentence above are you saying that backing off to 3-5 rep sets reduces the risk of on field collision injuries but also increases first step being more explosive or are you referring to the one rep max as doing that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #269 on: March 30, 2015, 04:13:15 PM »
nothing against you or him.

no worries

I have no gimmick accounts so it bugs me when someone like Coach claims I have one much less "many"

makes me wonder how many he has.  I remember JoeLoco, Mr Intensone and I'm probably missing a few

I also don't understand this need these days to video tape every god damned this and post it to the internet

My gym is full of kids taping every lift (or attempted lift).  It would be one thing if they were doing it evaluate their form or technique but I suspect most are just posted to facebook or other sites.  

Usually it's young kids who do this kind of thing

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »
was that so hard

jeez, you can't even remember responses in this thread yet you expect me to remember something you wrote in another thread?

in the highlighted sentence above are you saying that backing off to 3-5 rep sets reduces the risk of on field collision injuries but also increases first step being more explosive or are you referring to the one rep max as doing that?

Just the development of power in general. We decrease the loads because at that point when they're getting into pre-season field work, in our gym less. No reason to go 100% or greater at that point.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2015, 04:16:45 PM »
Just the development of power in general. We decrease the loads because at that point they're getting into pre-season field work, in our gym less. No reason to go 100% or greater at that point.  

so backing off to 3-5 makes them less explosive or more explosive

you wrote it makes them more explosive but also reduces the risk of collision injury

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #272 on: March 30, 2015, 04:24:01 PM »
no worries

I have no gimmick accounts so it bugs me when someone like Coach claims I have one much less "many"

makes me wonder how many he has.  I remember JoeLoco, Mr Intensone and I'm probably missing a few

I also don't understand this need these days to video tape every god damned this and post it to the internet

My gym is full of kids taping every lift (or attempted lift).  It would be one thing if they were doing it evaluate their form or technique but I suspect most are just posted to facebook or other sites.  

Usually it's young kids who do this kind of thing

We video for three reasons. To evaluate, to post on social media and to distribute to coaches. We also use an app called "Coaches Eye" to help evaluate mechanics, not on everyone but for those who have trouble getting it right.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2015, 08:36:25 AM »
It can be harder, depending on structure and if you have done the lift a lot.
But it's way less lower back, a lot like a squat for many as they are so upright the whole time.
The biggest pulls are all conventional like Mawse said but in the lower weight classes the sumo is more popular, especially in the IPF.

And the further you spread the legs the less distance the bar has to travel to reach a lockout...