Author Topic: Nikola Tessla Appreciation Thread  (Read 10971 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Nikola Tessla Appreciation Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 01:45:21 PM »
Howard I know your a teacher but isn't your degree in physics or something that requires brains?

;D

Grades in Engineering based Physics are curved.  Howard probably averaged 50% on test but that converted to a "C" average.   

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »
Howard after reviewing my post, I realized it came off as an insult and in this instance I didn't mean it that way.  Teachers and professors are very important and one of the main reasons I have my degree.  What I should have asked was what your degree was in, I remember it being something brainy.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 02:06:31 PM »
Funny how Edison is always talked up, when he's a complete chump in comparison. 

He was pretty much the Bill Gates of his time

Croatian

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 03:15:07 PM »
He was so "out there" he was marginalized by his collegues and outcast but he ended up being correct on everything he said...More brilliant than Einstein, edison (scambag) and many of the other greats.  He was the Ronnie of brainiacs.  This is one man I would have given my left nut to converse with and know.

Good post Wiggs, 4 years ago I have visited Tesla's birthplace Smiljan in Croatia & Memorial Park Nikola Tesla, nice location.

www.MCNNIKOLATESLA.HR
www.TESLASOCITY.COM

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 04:23:53 PM »
One of the oddest pictures ive seen on here and thats saying alot..lmao

I take that as a compliment  ;D

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 04:38:52 PM »
;D

Grades in Engineering based Physics are curved.  Howard probably averaged 50% on test but that converted to a "C" average.   

brutal math skills

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 05:23:58 PM »
........................ ........................ .....
Edison and Tesla break down like this:

Edison:
   Edison indeed had technical knowledge,...and he conceived of a great many things (that were built by his staff)...He conceived of the Lighting & Power company, he conceived of sound recording,  motion pictures,  and all that it is true, he was brilliant.  But...he had blind spots...and he wasn't a very good guy to work for.  
   As an example of blind spots...he had trouble getting his head around machines with no visible moving parts (Radio, vacuum tubes ((valves to you Europeans))) He had a Phonograph company that his son ran and was wildly successful…but slowly it went downhill because he would not let his son manufacture record players with radios in them.  This was important because with the introduction of  radio/phono combinations you had a volume control that you could turn up…and of course records mastered and played back with electronics sound much better.  But Edison had trouble with the concept of electronics.  

Ask me and some day I will relate how sex affected the development of the phonograph industry…

He also made verbal promises to employees and wouldn’t keep them…He did it to the guy who helped develop motion pictures technically, not just Tesla.

Tesla:

Indeed Tesla developed Alternating Current distribution…transformers,…high-tension transmission of current,…concept of radio waves,…and most importantly for electricity, Electric motors that could run on alternating current.
   By using alternating current you could use transformers to step current up to high-tension levels for transmission for longer distances more efficiently than Direct Current.  The first industrial application of his ideas came with his association with George Westinghouse in the construction of the Adams Niagara Power Station.

His blind spots;
   His Alternating Current system,…the concept of radio waves,…were all brilliant and could be realized in the real world of applied physics (engineering)……..However…..He liked to talk batshit crazy…….

His talk of sending electric power at useful levels throughout the world wirelessly is…..
batshit crazy …..I can’t condense in just a few sentences a cogent and logical presentation why this is so…but it is.

His talk of electronically projecting destructive forces at a distance (death ray) through the atmosphere with the same destructive force as a 15-inch naval shell…I am skeptical.

I know that you will talk of the government impounding his papers at his demise…this was so that they could be evaluated to see just what he was thinking of.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »
Funny how Edison is always talked up, when he's a complete chump in comparison. 
The Public relations department of the General Electric Company...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
One of the oddest pictures ive seen on here and thats saying alot..lmao
Odd, a damn head scratcher. Should be titled "A genius pays for Cheetah to go out with a bang"

As far as Tesla, Edison was scared of the man's brilliance, so he had to undermine him. Treat him like a "damn immigrant". Edison, a true hater if there ever was one.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »

Time for me to exit this thread.   :-X

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 05:40:08 PM »
Where is the hot, naked Eastern European slut with massive tits ???
O

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »
Edison was a crook and a whore of a man.

Tesla was winning and is still winning in our cell phones, radios, wifi, outlets and wireless electricity and everything else that he does not get rights to. Patents stolen, research burned to the ground deliberately. Some fucked up capitalists scum bags didn't also like his ideas such as free energy for all on earth.

Meh...

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2012, 05:44:45 PM »
  His talk of sending electric power at useful levels throughout the world wirelessly is…..
batshit crazy …..I can’t condense in just a few sentences a cogent and logical presentation why this is so…but it is.

its not batshit crazy just not capitalist ok.

We have wireless electricity today, its not just a theory or experimental concept... its working... people didnt believe it today when they saw it, they wouldnt have believed tesla a long time ago... its just not wide spread yet...

even his remote controlled wireless electric boat the morons tried to find the 'cable' and called him a cookoo and fraud... yet they were just imbeciles uneducated and money hungry.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2012, 05:57:53 PM »
;D

Hey pal, you don't need no stinkin' degree to put in an honest days work at the drill bit factory.
FYI, PHYSICS is for PHAGS  8)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
Howard after reviewing my post, I realized it came off as an insult and in this instance I didn't mean it that way.  Teachers and professors are very important and one of the main reasons I have my degree.  What I should have asked was what your degree was in, I remember it being something brainy.

Ok, I now have permission to brag LOL.
BS chemistry- magna cum laude , MA in physics,  EdD science education ( chemistry/physics)

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »
Ok, I now have permission to brag LOL.
BS chemistry- magna cum laude , MA in physics,  EdD science education ( chemistry/physics)

Can you make some good meth?

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2012, 06:10:30 PM »
Wiggs, some say Tesla actually time travelled.  Views on this?

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »

Alleged sum' sort of experimental "Tesla coils" in Rossiyan forest :

I'm surprised you are still alive after taking those pics.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2012, 06:41:09 PM »

His talk of electronically projecting destructive forces at a distance (death ray) through the atmosphere with the same destructive force as a 15-inch naval shell…I am skeptical.

I really find it amusing when people state things with such authority yet clearly show they have no fucking clue what they are talking about.  There's nothing batshit crazy about transmitting power wirelessly and it's been proven to not just be a theory but working in practical applications such as wireless TV's (LG, Sony), bio-mechanical instruments, and many others.  The distance right now is very paltry, usually only a few centimeters due to the loss of efficiency from transmitter to receiver, but that will improve with time.  There was a group that one a prize from NASA that transmitted over a kilowatt of power several hundred meters with 80% efficiency IIRC.

He wasn't crazy, he was just way beyond his time and had a mind that was beyond comprehension to even those who are considered his peers today.  I personally can't think of a single other individual on his level.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2012, 06:46:12 PM »
and they are still touring.
a

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2012, 07:13:53 PM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2012, 07:15:28 PM »
Can you make some good meth?

Get wack on crack!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »
Edison and Tesla break down like this:

Edison:
   Edison indeed had technical knowledge,...and he conceived of a great many things (that were built by his staff)...He conceived of the Lighting & Power company, he conceived of sound recording,  motion pictures,  and all that it is true, he was brilliant.  But...he had blind spots...and he wasn't a very good guy to work for.  
   As an example of blind spots...he had trouble getting his head around machines with no visible moving parts (Radio, vacuum tubes ((valves to you Europeans))) He had a Phonograph company that his son ran and was wildly successful…but slowly it went downhill because he would not let his son manufacture record players with radios in them.  This was important because with the introduction of  radio/phono combinations you had a volume control that you could turn up…and of course records mastered and played back with electronics sound much better.  But Edison had trouble with the concept of electronics.  

Ask me and some day I will relate how sex affected the development of the phonograph industry…

He also made verbal promises to employees and wouldn’t keep them…He did it to the guy who helped develop motion pictures technically, not just Tesla.

Tesla:

Indeed Tesla developed Alternating Current distribution…transformers,…high-tension transmission of current,…concept of radio waves,…and most importantly for electricity, Electric motors that could run on alternating current.
   By using alternating current you could use transformers to step current up to high-tension levels for transmission for longer distances more efficiently than Direct Current.  The first industrial application of his ideas came with his association with George Westinghouse in the construction of the Adams Niagara Power Station.

His blind spots;
   His Alternating Current system,…the concept of radio waves,…were all brilliant and could be realized in the real world of applied physics (engineering)……..However…..He liked to talk batshit crazy…….

I know that you will talk of the government impounding his papers at his demise…this was so that they could be evaluated to see just what he was thinking of.

Good post and you sir, know your Tesla!
Tesla is my favorite person in the wacky world of physics, by far!
Did all that wonderful, practical stuff for mankind with AC systems.
But that guy was a real character that any getbigger would have loved.
He claimed that if he drank a glass of whiskey each day he would live to be 150 yrs of age.
The wife ( Catherine Johnson) of the editor of a top magazine of his day , actually slipped Tesla love letters offering him a good time, while the guy
interviewed Tesla in his lab ;). After his success with AC generators on Niagra , he wuld dine and party , dressed to the 9's with all the society hobnobbers at Delmonico's in NYC. In his 70's he got hit by a trolley car and was tough enough to walk himself to the hospital and lived until he was in his 80's after that.
His dream of sending industrial levels of current thru the air was his major mistake and due to him not following any reasonable calculations.
Unlike Edison, Tesla never cheated anyone.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2012, 07:25:36 PM »
its not batshit crazy just not capitalist ok.

We have wireless electricity today, its not just a theory or experimental concept... its working... people didnt believe it today when they saw it, they wouldnt have believed tesla a long time ago... its just not wide spread yet...

even his remote controlled wireless electric boat the morons tried to find the 'cable' and called him a cookoo and fraud... yet they were just imbeciles uneducated and money hungry.

The problem is trying to get large , industrial levels of power to travel any distance thru the atmosphere.
Air is a good insulator and hinders conduction of current my friend.