Author Topic: Peter Molnar - dude's physique is getting more ridiculous  (Read 268923 times)

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
Re: Peter Molnar - dude's physique is getting more ridiculous
« Reply #525 on: December 02, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »
 ;) :) ;)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #526 on: December 03, 2015, 04:05:42 AM »
Thanks, DROP! You might find this interesting...

According to the NPC/IFBB height/weight requirements .... If Peter Molnar's  height was 5'7" up to and including 5'8" his bodywt could not exceed 177 pounds.

If his bodywt was more than 177 ... he would NOT be qualified to enter....

BUT ....

If he actually weighed a couple of pounds more than the above wt limit of 177 pounds .... it is possible that the NPC could allow him an hour or so to bring his bodywt down to the qualifying wt.  

But that 'allowance' has yet too be mentioned in any official NPC documentation that I have seen.

I personally think that more than a few of the first years' Classic Physique contenders (and they could possibly number into the 1,000's in 2016)  will fail to realize this simple fact and thereby fail to qualify for a contest that they planned to win.

NOTE: If Peter's actual height was  over 5'8" up to and including 5'9" his bodywt would have to be185 pounds or less in order to qualify for the Men's Classic Physique event.

A drop of 18 pounds would definitely not bring him into the contest in the condition as shown in the above photos even though those photos appear to be the epitome of a Classic Physique contender. (My opinion only.)

2016 is going to be a very interesting year for everything bodybuilding related and I personally believe that the Classic events will grow way beyond anyone's expectations.

I believe his weight should be even lighter when he competes in Europe. The IFBB Rulebook states:

"3. Up to & incl. 175 cm
Max Weight [kg] = (Height [cm] -100) + 4 [kg]"

He's 174 cm, so that's (174 - 100) + 4 = 78 KG / 0.454 is 171.8 pound. Maybe these rules are different in the U.S.(?)

Over here in Europe we have the CBB class going on for a few years. It's not as popular as the men's physique, but I believe its still growing.

Only 4 guys during the Dutch Championships this year, since it's not that easy to qualify as an A-athlete (everyone starts on C or D level)

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #527 on: December 04, 2015, 06:54:22 PM »
Look at that  :)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #528 on: December 04, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »

2016 is going to be a very interesting year for everything bodybuilding related and I personally believe that the Classic events will grow way beyond anyone's expectations.

So long as the size of the participants doesn't grow beyond anyone's expectations, you may well be correct.  Bodydoping needs to die out and bodybuilding needs to be resurrected.  I doubt it will happen as the general public knows how these people "build" themselves. 

Bodybuilding competitions will likely remain a "schmoe and tell" event. Ewwwwww...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #529 on: December 04, 2015, 09:17:08 PM »
looks fantastic. needs to put the tanning stuff on his face. and need to work on his hams and bring out side and definition in legs.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #530 on: December 04, 2015, 09:51:34 PM »
I'll just get this out of the way first. Of course he looks ten million times better than me. Ok. Now. I was always so impressed w him in photos. I've never watched a video of him till now. Looks strange.

His wide shoulders make his skinny neck look so strange. Then something about how his thighs tie into his upper body. I can definitely see how on game day on stage he may not place as high as I thought he should. Having said that he looks great but I don't think he flows together as well as many say. Kinda off.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #531 on: December 05, 2015, 04:32:57 AM »
I'll just get this out of the way first. Of course he looks ten million times better than me. Ok. Now. I was always so impressed w him in photos. I've never watched a video of him till now. Looks strange.

His wide shoulders make his skinny neck look so strange. Then something about how his thighs tie into his upper body. I can definitely see how on game day on stage he may not place as high as I thought he should. Having said that he looks great but I don't think he flows together as well as many say. Kinda off.

Yup. His individual body parts in isolation are phenomenal. It's the "package" (no homo) that's lacking.

And he looks a billion times better than me. ILLS, etc.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #532 on: December 05, 2015, 09:40:24 AM »

This is a repost of a photo I originally posted in early September (see page 12).  I think his neck just looks super weird since it is so small and then it makes the muscles look like a photoshop.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #533 on: December 05, 2015, 09:46:04 AM »
FFS, who cares about a man's neck circumference?  ::)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #534 on: December 05, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »
Yup. His individual body parts in isolation are phenomenal. It's the "package" (no homo) that's lacking.

And he looks a billion times better than me. ILLS, etc.

But he's like 5'7'' so you inherently win anyway.  8)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #535 on: December 05, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »
But he's like 5'7'' so you inherently win anyway.  8)

He wins since he also has the muscle. There's a +6'5 guy on my work who doesn't lift, so as a result he looks/moves clumsy.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #536 on: December 05, 2015, 09:59:21 AM »
He wins since he also has the muscle. There's a +6'5 guy on my work who doesn't lift, so as a result he looks/moves clumsy.

Yes, I am aware of this. And yes, being tall and lanky results in a lot of Kramer-esque moments (I am guilty of this myself)...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #537 on: December 05, 2015, 10:08:13 AM »
Yes, I am aware of this. And yes, being tall and lanky results in a lot of Kramer-esque moments (I am guilty of this myself)...

The taller you are, the more it becomes a challenge to look buffed, esp in the legs & back areas.
I'm satisfied, being 6ft.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #538 on: December 05, 2015, 10:17:15 AM »
The taller you are, the more it becomes a challenge to look buffed, esp in the legs & back areas.
I'm satisfied, being 6ft.

Yes, structure is an issue for me at 6'3''. Long upper legs, small joints, lanky looking arms that only look acceptable pumped. Triceps are a strong point but they are very high insertion, so there is a big empty area above my elbow that just makes my arm look tinier. Biceps are sort of in no mans land insertion wise, not short enough that I can develop a peak easily, but not wide enough to look nice and full. Forearms are the worst of all. No matter what i do the brachioradialis will not respond acceptably.

Time to up the dose!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #539 on: December 05, 2015, 10:31:08 AM »
Yes, structure is an issue for me at 6'3''. Long upper legs, small joints, lanky looking arms that only look acceptable pumped. Triceps are a strong point but they are very high insertion, so there is a big empty area above my elbow that just makes my arm look tinier. Biceps are sort of in no mans land insertion wise, not short enough that I can develop a peak easily, but not wide enough to look nice and full. Forearms are the worst of all. No matter what i do the brachioradialis will not respond acceptably.

Time to up the dose!

Short, average or tall.. we all have our structural shortcomings. Other than focusing on the basic movements, eating a ton of food, sleeping like a baby and maybe a decent cycle, there's not much you can do.
Oh, and you should give thick bar grips a try, they def put your fore arms on fire..

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #540 on: December 05, 2015, 10:32:04 AM »
Short, average or tall.. we all have our structural shortcomings. Other than focusing on the basic movements, eating a ton of food, sleeping like a baby and maybe a decent cycle, there's not much you can do.
Oh, and you should give thick bar grips a try, they def put your fore arms on fire..

SEO the forearms. Nobody will question your Popeye balloon arms.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #541 on: December 05, 2015, 10:34:19 AM »
Thanks DP, I'm just beating myself up in good humour. I'm a lifetime natural by the way.

My hair is fully intact and thick still.... Italian genes of peace.  8)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #542 on: December 05, 2015, 10:35:13 AM »
FFS, who cares about a man's neck circumference?  ::)
well if you lifted with any decent weight you would.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #543 on: December 05, 2015, 10:36:08 AM »
SEO the forearms. Nobody will question your Popeye balloon arms.

Well, I know a guy who's SEO'ing almost every body part with GHRP6 with slin needles, which works well for him..

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #544 on: December 05, 2015, 11:24:19 AM »
SCOTT, Someplace up above you stated, "So long as the size of the participants doesn't grow beyond anyone's expectations, you may well be correct.'"

I know you know this stuff but I do know that there presently is and will be some confusion regarding the NPC Height/Weight requirements that will allow an individual to qualify for a CLASSIC BODYBUILDING contest.

I believe that the IFBB/NPC did as damn good job specifying the height/weight requirements that will most likely solve the "growth beyond anyone's expectations" as you stated above.

For example  let's say that a contender whose height is over 6'0" up to and including 6'1" hops on the scale at a bodywt of 216 pounds.

HE  WOULD NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER THE CONTEST simply due tot he fact that the bodywt limitation for a contestant over 6' up to and including 6'1" is 215 pounds.

He is one pound too heavy.

And I do think that this 'one pound too heavy' will be a problem for a good number of Classic contenders this initial year of Classic competition.

In such a case as this there may be short time allowance given so that he can do what's necessary to hopefully re-weight in at the required bodywt. (Although to the best of my knowledge there is no mention of that as of yet.)

It's interesting to note that no one entering a Classic contest can weigh over 270.

But that contender would have to be over 6'7".

This Height/Body-Weight 'requirement' should limit the 'growth beyond anyone's expectations' as you previously mentioned.

NOTE: Each one inch addition to a contender's height means an increase of 7 to 8 pounds bodywt except for the 10 pounds difference in the over 6'1"  to and including 6'2" 'class'.

Anyone have an explanation why?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #545 on: December 05, 2015, 01:08:01 PM »
NOTE: Each one inch addition to a contender's height means an increase of 7 to 8 pounds bodywt except for the 10 pounds difference in the over 6'1"  to and including 6'2" 'class'.

Anyone have an explanation why?

Good question. My guess would be that most tall guys are already in a disadvantaged position mass-wise. They NEED relative more mass to fill certain areas, esp the back & legs, much more than <6'0 guys.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: December 05, 2015, 06:26:03 PM »
This is a repost of a photo I originally posted in early September (see page 12).  I think his neck just looks super weird since it is so small and then it makes the muscles look like a photoshop.

It's all about proportions. A thin neck on a big fellow is weird says me who has a 17" neck and not a heck of a lot of muscle. Well as Josh pointed out, I have giant ears too. Perhaps a skinny neck on a fellow with giant ears would look disproportionate too, who knows. It is what it is.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #547 on: December 06, 2015, 05:37:49 PM »
2015 WABBA Mr. Universe Peter Molnar

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #548 on: December 06, 2015, 06:44:48 PM »
That is because the pic is from the side not the front.

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #549 on: December 06, 2015, 10:09:28 PM »
Sexy  :)
But probably photoshpped. He looks too big...