Author Topic: Lou Ferrigno charges $40 for a picture and is a 'dick' by Brad Jones  (Read 31581 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
brad jones aka the cinema snob recounts his recent meeting with lou at some con

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: lou ferrigno charge $40 for picture and is a 'dick'
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 12:57:35 PM »
I thought it was 20 bucks... What has he done to justify the price increase?
A

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 12:59:23 PM »
i would glady pay 40 bucks if that would stop you from posting pictures of fat asses all day.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »
I have dealt with Lou over the phone. Let me just say this. He's NOT a pleasant man.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »
Biggest scumbag is this industry. That says a lot about Loup Ferino.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
Biggest scumbag is this industry. That says a lot about Loup Ferino.
worst then palumbo?
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
I thought it was 20 bucks... What has he done to justify the price increase?

No price increase.  Lou charges 20 bucks to sign any picture and also charge 20 bucks to take a picture with him.....so he likely got an autographed picture of himself with Lou
A

the trainer

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 04:07:23 PM »

No price increase.  Lou charges 20 bucks to sign any picture and also charge 20 bucks to take a picture with him.....so he likely got an autographed picture of himself with Lou

I would like to take a picture with you vince how much do you charge.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 04:17:24 PM »
I have dealt with Lou over the phone. Let me just say this. He's NOT a pleasant man.

Did he buy car insurance in the end?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 04:21:04 PM »
Lou has his own 1st annual Lou Ferrigno Classics this Nov?  ??? at the Pepperdine University Lodge  ??? ???

Wonder if he will be forcing every one that walks thru the door to pay him $20 on top of the ticket price to take a picture with him

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Lou Ferrigno charges $40 for a picture and is a 'dick' by Brad Jones
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 04:28:32 PM »

To those of you that have not been to a Comic Con or to a fan convention.  The tv and movie stars that are there charge $40 or so for a pic and to meet them.  Hell, Patrick Stewart charged $80 at one convention.   For a meet and great, and to take pics of them, that was another $40 or so.

At bodybuilding and UFC expos, usually there is no charge to take a pic of the person, and sometimes $10 for an autograph. Lou charges $20.

Get over it... the best thing about it is that you can say 'no'.

Simple as that.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 05:23:16 PM »
Ron,

I don't think it is the $20 I think it is the fact that you pay him $20 for a couple minutes of his time and he is a rude ass. I can remember the first time I met him was at the Arnold and I was like Holy Shit it is Lou Ferrigno. I went up to him asked for an autograph and a picture and he was very very rude and says like a dick "You buy a Book or Poster, then I sign autograph". I looked at my dad and went Holy Shit - Lou Ferigno is a Dickhead!!! And then walked away, that was about 97-98.

In 2007 my room was actually 3 doors down from Lou at the Hyatt on Capital Square and I rode the elevator up with him to our floor. I kindly said Hey Lou how is it going? He looked at me and my wife like we were peasants and did not say a word. I looked at my wife and said nice to see he is still a dick!

Screw him, charge what you want but no need to be a Dick to your fans!  

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 05:36:57 PM »
I took a picture with arnold Schwarzenegger, didnt charge me a penny

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 05:52:47 PM »
Did he buy car insurance in the end?

;D

Naw, this was when he was making his comeback. He kept calling Bob Kennedy, asking him to send all his books. Apparently Lou thought he required them for a successful return to the competition stage (?). Bob kept directing the calls to Johnny Fitness, and JF passed them off to me.

"Just deal with him, Fortress. Please." said Johnny.

So twat Ferrigno badgered the frick outta me about the damn books, this and that.

Despite my being very professional and polite, Lou was a loud, rude and demanding prick, and he spoke to me as if I was somehow his assistant to cater to his every whim.

To rid ourselves of the nuisance (and because Bob was generous), Bob had me bundle up all his books up to that time and send them along. It cost a huge amount. Never did Lou offer to pay for the shipping or ANYTHING.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »
I took a picture with arnold Schwarzenegger, didnt charge me a penny
because arnold is a humble and nice guy.
A

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 05:56:45 PM »
I think Lou is bitter that he lost to Arnold ever time on every level. Also he never won the Olympia but hell he got the Mr. UNIVERSE that's not bad either ala Arnold Pumping Iron. If Lou ever was rude to me in public I would just laugh and moc his hearing problem, try to make him angry and see if he turns green. ;D
h

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »
To those of you that have not been to a Comic Con or to a fan convention.  The tv and movie stars that are there charge $40 or so for a pic and to meet them.  Hell, Patrick Stewart charged $80 at one convention.   For a meet and great, and to take pics of them, that was another $40 or so.

At bodybuilding and UFC expos, usually there is no charge to take a pic of the person, and sometimes $10 for an autograph. Lou charges $20.

Get over it... the best thing about it is that you can say 'no'.

Simple as that.

As others say, Lou's a rude and mean dude.

I personally saw the man essentially THROW a painting of himself given to him as a present from a fan at some Toronto-area gym opening behind him. The guy had spent considerable time creating the painting and, before presenting him with it, told Lou how much of a fan he was and how inspiring he found him in his own bodybuilding pursuits. Then he handed him the painting. Lou took it, roughly passed it off to some guy behind him, without even looking at it, and without making eye contact with the sunken fan, said, "Next!"

I spoke with the fan afterward, and he very explicitly said he was no longer that. He used some more colourful language, mind you.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »
Arnold does a great impression of Lou. Really funny! One of his best acting jobs for sure.lol

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 06:05:36 PM »
As others say, Lou's a rude and mean dude.

I personally saw the man essentially THROW a painting of himself given to him as a present from a fan at some Toronto-area gym opening behind him. The guy had spent considerable time creating the painting and, before presenting him with it, told Lou how much of a fan he was and how inspiring he found him in his own bodybuilding pursuits. Then he handed him the painting. Lou took it, roughly passed it off to some guy behind him, without even looking at it, and without making eye contact with the sunken fan, said, "Next!"

I spoke with the fan afterward, and he very explicitly said he was no longer that. He used some more colourful language, mind you.

Ill tell you what, phil heath is none of that, really cool and nice guy, even asks you what your name is and shakes your hand and tells you thank you for coming by to see him at his booth, of course who know how phil will act when he gets older

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 06:14:37 PM »
Ill tell you what, phil heath is none of that, really cool and nice guy, even asks you what your name is and shakes your hand and tells you thank you for coming by to see him at his booth, of course who know how phil will act when he gets older

Good to hear. Never met the man.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 06:15:45 PM »
In all I have ever read about Lou, I have never once read about anyone being a friend to him or anything positive at all about him.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 06:39:23 PM »
I think Lou is bitter that he lost to Arnold ever time on every level. Also he never won the Olympia but hell he got the Mr. UNIVERSE that's not bad either ala Arnold Pumping Iron. If Lou ever was rude to me in public I would just laugh and moc his hearing problem, try to make him angry and see if he turns green. ;D

Lou turns green with envy every time he meets Arnold.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
Lou turns green with envy every time he meets Arnold.

That's because an Arnold Schwarzenegger only comes along once in a lifetime.  Too bad it had to be in Lou's lifetime...

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 07:16:31 PM »
I met Lou at the Olympia many years ago.  I didn't pick up any dicketry from him at that time.  I was excited to see him and I gladly forked over whatever it cost to get a picture with him.  That said, the "you owe me $20 picture is one of the funniest things ever on Getbig.  Someone should make an updated one that says $40.  lol.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 07:19:31 PM »
We all remember them meeting at 2011 arnold expo:

Here at 2013.. Arnold takes his time so sign free autographs, and that awkward meeting with Lou again!!

notice how little eye contact Arnold makes with Lou, he KNOWS that Lou is an asshole.. therefore avoiding any type of social interaction(doesn't even say good bye to doucheLou)