Author Topic: Joining the army...  (Read 2100 times)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: Joining the army...
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 04:21:13 PM »
Yeah Arabic is hard...

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 11:50:10 PM »
So I plan to be done with school in a year or so... There are army recruiters trying to convince me to join, because my qualifications are needed in the army...

I am thinking about it.. What do you guys think?

On the one hand, I wanna enjoy my post-school years, finally have a job that pays, get into bbing some more etc... on the other hand, i wonder if i am called upon to serve in the greatest army in the world..

Here's a couple realities if you join the Army:

1)  Regardless of your MOS, you will most likely get deployed, and there is a good chance you will experience combat operations
2)  You get paid much better as an officer than as an enlisted soldier
3)  Every deployed Army unit (at least the ones in Iraq) works with interpreters, so you can actually communicate with the locals

I'm in Baghdad right now, and have been in the Army for a day or two.  PM me if you have questions.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 06:15:21 AM »
Same here bud, done the Iraq thing and deployed to Afghanistan. Let us now what ur recruiter says.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 06:16:14 AM »
Same here bud, done the Iraq thing and deployed to Afghanistan. Let us now what ur recruiter says.
L

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2006, 05:07:06 PM »
Here's a couple realities if you join the Army:

1)  Regardless of your MOS, you will most likely get deployed, and there is a good chance you will experience combat operations
2)  You get paid much better as an officer than as an enlisted soldier
3)  Every deployed Army unit (at least the ones in Iraq) works with interpreters, so you can actually communicate with the locals

I'm in Baghdad right now, and have been in the Army for a day or two.  PM me if you have questions.

he is right, you will see some no matter what.  even if you stay on a fob the whole time you may get pulled for some stuff, or you may get mortor attacks.  but that comes with the job.
you suck at life...