Author Topic: 2 food goals: quick + easy  (Read 5567 times)

MustangAce

• Getbig I
2 food goals: quick + easy
« on: August 12, 2007, 07:53:20 PM »
Can you tell me the quickest easiest way to tackle the food goal?  Basically I am not a big fan of shopping or cooking (for myself, for someone else can be fun). 

I'm looking for a meal plan that I can buy in bulk and keep most of it in the fridge or freezer.  Imagine buckets of cottage cheese and maybe a big tupperware bin of chicken and veggies that I already cooked and can just scoop some out a few times a day, along these lines. 

MustangAce

• Getbig I
Re: 2 food goals: quick + easy
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 10:05:41 PM »
Also I find tuna and egg whites to be the hardest to eat.  How do you guys eat your tuna and egg whites (narsty)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 04:19:27 AM »
Also I find tuna and egg whites to be the hardest to eat.  How do you guys eat your tuna and egg whites (narsty)

try some good vinegar (balsamico) and some olive oil (or other oil) with the tuna.

If you want to go fat free, just vinegar or lime juice.
If you bulk, try some low fat mayonnaise.
tomato sauce with tuna is great too.

i only eat full eggs, never only the eggwhite.

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 12:28:23 PM »
I make my tuna with a bit of real mayo(sorry real is better to me but still only like a tbspn), yellow mustard, red onions, sweet relish(it might be a southern thing though not sure they have it everywhere but they should)  I mush it up real good and it sorta reminds me of pork barbeque or something which is something we eat often here in NC so it goes down nice and easy i actually like it better than chicken........

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 01:26:26 PM »
Can you tell me the quickest easiest way to tackle the food goal?  Basically I am not a big fan of shopping or cooking (for myself, for someone else can be fun). 

I'm looking for a meal plan that I can buy in bulk and keep most of it in the fridge or freezer.  Imagine buckets of cottage cheese and maybe a big tupperware bin of chicken and veggies that I already cooked and can just scoop some out a few times a day, along these lines. 

if you're looking for quck + easy then just do an entire weeks worth of cooking on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and just have all of your meals planned out. it might take you about an hour to do it all but then you don't have to cook the rest of the week.
I love me some me!!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 07:55:55 PM »
yup, good advice, create a menu for yourself and spend half of one day cooking... it's easy and it can help you stick to the diet

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:03:28 PM »
I make my tuna with a bit of real mayo(sorry real is better to me but still only like a tbspn), yellow mustard, red onions, sweet relish(it might be a southern thing though not sure they have it everywhere but they should)  I mush it up real good and it sorta reminds me of pork barbeque or something which is something we eat often here in NC so it goes down nice and easy i actually like it better than chicken........

That sounds pretty good im gonna have to try that...The problem I have with cooking in advance is that the food is usually really dry after it gets reheated, any ideas?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 04:19:20 AM »
That sounds pretty good im gonna have to try that...The problem I have with cooking in advance is that the food is usually really dry after it gets reheated, any ideas?

that's a given with died food.  if you are not dieting then there is no good reason for this, the easiest solution is to add some bbq sauce like ronnie does...

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 02:29:33 PM »

hmm yea that's why i like the tuna cause no cooking is necessary (unless i'm supposed to be cooking these can's of tuna!) I'm not sure but maybe if you got one of those foodsaver things it might help but anyways here is how i make my chicken which i find to be quite easy and healthy(tell me if i'm wrong here)

1. i take a tupperware and put a few ounces of lime juice in it
2. and add a bit of cilantro(they have these new tubes of spices sort of in a tooth-paste tube like bottle in the fresh fruits section of the supermarket i'm not sure if they have it everywhere but they have it at kroger/lowe's(you prob don't have)/harris teeter(prob don't have)
3. salt, pepper,
4. a bit of celery flake mix it up and shake.
5. let sit for at least half-hour in fridge( although i believe you can do it at least 1 day in advance and it'll still be fine at least i still eat it if i mix one up and i don't eat it i'll still eat it the next day)
6. grill chicken on medium/medium high heat 1 minute on each side
7. take off heat for a moment during last 30 seconds or so of the second minute of grilling
8. add lime juice/cilantro mixture to chicken it should steam up pretty good and turn sorta brown color
9. cover and cook for 8-12 more minutes the liquid should make it so chicken can't come out dry/over cooked it's probably done when all the liquid has evaporated
10. Wallah delicious chicken made in 10 minutes and it probably shouldn't be too dry if you save and re-heat because the moisture content of the chicken is usually quite high

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 06:02:21 PM »
PrinL can you add this to the recipes?  or tony you could copy and paste the post in the recipe thread...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 08:19:35 PM »
The problem I have with cooking in advance is that the food is usually really dry after it gets reheated, any ideas?

Chances are it's over cooked in the first place.  Keep in mind, meat continues to cook when it's removed from the heat.

You guys who are lost in the kitchen may want to consider taking a basic class or two at the local community college.  You'd get some great ideas, learn something and maybe even meet someone  ;)

:

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 01:27:59 AM »

Chances are it's over cooked in the first place.  Keep in mind, meat continues to cook when it's removed from the heat.

You guys who are lost in the kitchen may want to consider taking a basic class or two at the local community college.  You'd get some great ideas, learn something and maybe even meet someone  ;)

i dunno i find if i cook something maybe 3 times by the 3rd time i've got it down pretty good but i do have a lot of years of watching my mom cook... i do agree that women are better cooks than men :) but my grandma woah she is bad :).........for some reason i'm thinking about cube steaks looked them up they seem to have a shit-load of protein 18g every 2oz yep i'm having some tomorrow

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 03:43:12 AM »

can't we all just come over and eat at your house?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 06:02:53 AM »
that's a given with died food.  if you are not dieting then there is no good reason for this, the easiest solution is to add some bbq sauce like ronnie does...

I think you should PM me for info, the way you did about training.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »
for some reason i'm thinking about cube steaks looked them up they seem to have a shit-load of protein 18g every 2oz yep i'm having some tomorrow

18g sounds a little on the high side.  Keep in mind, cube steak is generally a lower grade cut of meat that has been "tenderized".
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »
I think you should PM me for info, the way you did about training.

the only PM i sent you was in response to your absurd reactions...  PrinL please recommend a therapeutic food that might level pumpster out, he's stressin.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 12:23:47 PM »
the only PM i sent you was in response to your absurd reactions...  PrinL please recommend a therapeutic food that might level pumpster out, he's stressin.

Ice cream always seems to work for me  ;D
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 03:50:22 PM »

Ice cream always seems to work for me  ;D

can pumpster and i come over for some tonight?

i'll bring the sprinkles and he'll bring the chocolate syrop (remember pump, you keep it on the night stand...)

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 12:50:48 AM »
18g sounds a little on the high side.  Keep in mind, cube steak is generally a lower grade cut of meat that has been "tenderized".

http://www.chicagomeat.com/NutritionalInformation.htm
Beef Cubed Steak (100% Beef)
Nutrient    Amount in 2oz edible portion*
Total calories              112
Calories from fat      39
Total fat              4.3g
Saturated fat            1.5g
Moisture            61.6g
Ash                       0.9g
Cholesterol            52mg
Protein             18.2g
Calcium            7.7mg
Sodium                  59.5mg
Iron                    2.03mg
Carbohydrates          none
Dietary fiber    less than .1g
Sugar    less than .1g
Vitamin A    less than 10i.u./100g
Vitamin C    less than  1mg/100g

but i do have to admit that i saw other ones that said it had less protein but i'm going to check at the grocery store tomorrow and see what they say they probably have a pamphlet or some such but i everything i saw did say it had at least 16g protein per 2 oz which is still pretty good i know its a lower grade cut usually but have you ever had it with some gravy and onions over some rice damn tasty damn easy

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 03:28:47 AM »
one piece of advice when shopping for meat.

BUY IT WHEN IT"S ON SPECIAL

you will big money

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 03:45:57 AM »
one piece of advice when shopping for meat.

BUY IT WHEN IT"S ON SPECIAL

you will big money

that's normally when they have to dump it because it goes bad.  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

i NEVER buy specials in meat.