Author Topic: Jim Davidson on black gangs/gangsta rap  (Read 7458 times)

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: Jim Davidson on black gangs/gangsta rap
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »
From there, you should have killed yourself. Sade is a legend, dammit! You haven't any perception about anything outside your narrow frame of reference. :)

Agreed...feed him to the lions! ;)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 11:02:02 AM »
And I don't disagree with you or the guys in the band...I never said Hip-hop was better. Actually I listen to mostly old skool R and B, Jazz, Latin, Soca, Bosa Nova, etc.
Which if you listen some hip hop producers like Kanye, they listen to the same. They spend hours "digging thru the crates", finding old skool jams, that otherwise would have bee forgotten. Bringing new appreciation from a younger crowd. Do you think James Vrown would have been as relevant today had he not been the most sampled artist? And artists/Producers like Ryan Leslie and Drake can play instruments very well. Scott Storch used to play for The Roots, which is arguably one of the best bands that play all music. I also live in the DC area, so that means GO-GO music!!!!

Check out Ryan Leslie sorting out a piano version of Lil Wayne's Lollipop on Air, which he has never done before
[/youtube]

who is ryan leslie.  on the hip hop thing it is a double edge sword.  you have guys like kurtis mantronik, old school, who production work for SOS band, Vandross, Confunkson and several acts in London.  you have talent in every genre.

good lookin brotha (no homo) cause one my sisters use to give me headaches over this dude.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 11:18:52 AM »
Ryan Leslie is a Puffy protege. He is a Producer/artist. He is responsible for that Cassie chick's mediocre success (she is half black, half Filipina). He's done other work as well for different artists. He is more behind the scenes...
[/youtube]

Magnus Greel

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 02:02:30 PM »

Never liked Jim Davidson or his style of humour, but rap/hip hop has totally fucked a generation of british kids.

Gone from no gang crime to one of the worst teenage gang cultures in the western world.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »
"Sha-day?.....if that bitch was from the ghetto it would be pronounced Say-dee."

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 02:26:20 PM »
This is the first time I've ever heard of "Sade" or "Jim Davidson"...

You people really are into some gay shit it seems like...
S

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2010, 02:33:26 PM »
it's not even music, that asshole kanye just talks over other people's music and talks about stupid shit that'll impress the "youfs".  his parents were college professors, hardly a rough childhood for him.  also, rock music takes skill and originality.

i watched some festival the other night, and jay z comes out on stage with a guitar, and plucks one note the whole time (no worry, he wasn't plugged in) and just yells, and then 30 other monkeys come out from behind the speakers to "support" his vocals.

I always put it like this:

If you asked me to rap...I could. It may not be "dope" or whatever the fuck, but i could string together a couple of stupid rhymes about bitches and money.

Ask me to pick up a guitar and play "eruption" and i wouldn't know where to start

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2010, 02:40:35 PM »
Jim Davidson is a working class hero.

p.s heres one from the archives.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »
There hasn't been anything new and groundbreaking in popular music for the past 10 - 20 years. It seems like the progression of music has hit a brick wall of originality.

Much like microprocessors aren't getting any faster these days in terms of clock speed, the manufacturers are just adding more and more cores to the same package, eg single core ---> dual core --> quad core. This is because they also have hit a brick wall in terms of the limitations of physics and technology.

Much like we are starting to hit the limitations of the current financial system. Debt is building up at such a rate, that as we move forward in time it will be impossible to pay it off due to the compounding nature of interest, and the finite natural resources on earth to extract capital. This will result in defaults of entire nations. Attempting to pay off the debt will result in a terrible and prolonged economic depressions due to the fact that money is being diverted to paying of debt rather than spent on goods and services.

Has humankind hit a temporary peak in its development?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »
Sade gives me the sweetest taboo.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 03:39:51 PM »
This is the first time I've ever heard of "Sade" or "Jim Davidson"...

If you've never heard of Sade, then you must have been in the Amazon jungle for 28 yrs.

Jr, I may agree with you, but music today is about popularity and pimps and ho's. Lady Gaga and Shakira are prime examples. Both are very talented and started out doing non pop music, but they were not making money, so they sold out themselves to the record companies, just to get a record deal...
There are many great musical artits out there many don't get the recognition that they deserve. I myself, constantly look for good R&B artists music.
But your theory is correct as well.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 03:42:21 PM »
There hasn't been anything new and groundbreaking in popular music for the past 10 - 20 years. It seems like the progression of music has hit a brick wall of originality.

Much like microprocessors aren't getting any faster these days in terms of clock speed, the manufacturers are just adding more and more cores to the same package, eg single core ---> dual core --> quad core. This is because they also have hit a brick wall in terms of the limitations of physics and technology.

Much like we are starting to hit the limitations of the current financial system. Debt is building up at such a rate, that as we move forward in time it will be impossible to pay it off due to the compounding nature of interest, and the finite natural resources on earth to extract capital. This will result in defaults of entire nations. Attempting to pay off the debt will result in a terrible and prolonged economic depressions due to the fact that money is being diverted to paying of debt rather than spent on goods and services.

Has humankind hit a temporary peak in its development?

I don't know how any white guys could listen to rap. Atleast blacks can relate to alot of the lyrics lol.

Heavy metal is still progressing down different paths, there is "Folk" metal now.  8)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 03:53:44 PM »
I always put it like this:

If you asked me to rap...I could. It may not be "dope" or whatever the fuck, but i could string together a couple of stupid rhymes about bitches and money.

Ask me to pick up a guitar and play "eruption" and i wouldn't know where to start

haha... That is true

The same with the beats in these rap songs, I can hammer those out on a desk. 
S

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2010, 04:20:31 PM »
This is the first time I've ever heard of "Sade"

Exactly, I looked up Sade on Wikipedia and it seems that she is bigger in the US than in her own country of Britain. Even if she is a household name in the US I don't really care for her music. I listen to rock mainly and most of the bands I follow have released more albums and sold way more than she has. Her music is for girls.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2010, 04:22:56 PM »
haha... That is true

The same with the beats in these rap songs, I can hammer those out on a desk. 

send me your demo tape when you can replicate Kurtis Mantronix since he has worked n produced Vandross and international artists.  now...getbig is in the music business. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2010, 04:25:48 PM »
send me your demo tape when you can replicate Kurtis Mantronix since he has worked n produced Vandross and international artists.  now...getbig is in the music business.  

You're divcom?  

I was getting worried about you my friend...  :o
S

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »
send me your demo tape when you can replicate Kurtis Mantronix since he has worked n produced Vandross and international artists.  now...getbig is in the music business. 

Producers are a whole different ballgame...they are the real "talent"  and i would gather that the vast majority can play multiple instruments, know music theory, song structure..all that shit. and they probably produce multiple genres...they are professional hired guns

It's the idiot with a microphone that i think is a joke

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2010, 04:30:59 PM »
 This is not a racial point at all as I loathe nearly all modern music, white or black, but it just seems that back in the 60s and 70s guys like Dylan, The Stones/Beatles, Van Morrison, Hendrix, Paul Simon, Pink Floyd, Led Zepp performed music that was both cracking to listen to and thought-provoking. Stuff of real substance.

Nowadays it's pretty much "got me my glock" "got me my bitch" "got me my wheels" "iced that mofo dat stole my stash" "kill dat P-O-L-I-C-E-M-A-N" or some inane, mind-numbing techno drivel created by some dickless gimp on his Mac...Oh, and let's not forget the second-rater who won some crappy tv show to get a contract..

Shit, I sound like my old man!
O

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2010, 04:34:42 PM »
Exactly, I looked up Sade on Wikipedia and it seems that she is bigger in the US than in her own country of Britain. Even if she is a household name in the US I don't really care for her music. I listen to rock mainly and most of the bands I follow have released more albums and sold way more than she has. Her music is for girls.
Yeah, you play her music, you will get the panties, pronto, on the double...her music is Grown Folks Music. Listen to No Ordinary Love...man, you can't go wrong with that...Sweetest Taboo

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 04:45:49 PM »
This is not a racial point at all as I loathe nearly all modern music, white or black, but it just seems that back in the 60s and 70s guys like Dylan, The Stones/Beatles, Van Morrison, Hendrix, Paul Simon, Pink Floyd, Led Zepp performed music that was both cracking to listen to and thought-provoking. Stuff of real substance.

Nowadays it's pretty much "got me my glock" "got me my bitch" "got me my wheels" "iced that mofo dat stole my stash" "kill dat P-O-L-I-C-E-M-A-N" or some inane, mind-numbing techno drivel created by some dickless gimp on his Mac...Oh, and let's not forget the second-rater who won some crappy tv show to get a contract..

Shit, I sound like my old man!

There's cool new shit out there that's kinda "deep"

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2010, 04:46:08 PM »
the only Taylor Swift that's posted around here should be her nudes.  Her abomination of a performance with Def Leppard should be erased from all archives.

as for Sade, still looks pretty damn good considering she's 51 years fucking old.
(note: photo not current)

From Billboard.com:

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/ask-billboard-who-s-bigger-def-leppard-or-1004074913.story

"Def Leppard teamed with Taylor Swift on an episode of CMT's "Crossroads" in 2008, and the episode's subsequent release topped Billboard's Video Music Sales chart last July".

:)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2010, 04:54:32 PM »
There's cool new shit out there that's kinda "deep"

Yeah, that's pretty funky. I actually enjoyed listening to it.  I'm exaggerating for dramatic effect - there has been good Indie and Rock in the same time frame but the empty, materialistic, "unga bunga... me de king of de castle" shit has dominated massively.  It's remarkable that those artists I listed were all writing, releasing and performing at the same point in musical history.
O

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »
Don't forget melodic rock:

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2010, 06:09:52 PM »
If you've never heard of Sade, then you must have been in the Amazon jungle for 28 yrs.

I had no clue who Sade was either.. of course I was familiar with her work… but I had no idea who created it. I’m out of touch when it comes to music.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2010, 06:13:15 PM »
Jim Davidson is a working class hero.

p.s heres one from the archives.

quickly becoming a star attraction on getdumb...you are.

3 dumbos

Crackhead101, che_esy toes and Benny the B e a n e r.