Author Topic: This Should Be Open For Serious Discussion  (Read 8531 times)

The Coach

Re: This Should Be Open For Serious Discussion
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2007, 02:53:54 PM »
Coach did you do your AM cardio this morning?  How about the trash, have you taken out the trash yet?  Got your chicken made for tomorrow?  What about groceries?  Are you stocked up?   ;D

yes, yes, yes, yes and YES ;D

The Coach

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2007, 02:54:57 PM »
isn't here a stepmill you should be chained to?

your not going to melt that backfat off on here bitching about judging.

hope this helps.

Thanks for you're concern "gimmick"!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2007, 03:02:30 PM »
Thanks for you're concern "gimmick"!

your welcome.
b

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2007, 04:12:08 PM »
This is from another thread but should be seriously discussed.............

"How many thread have there been that were similar to this? Hundreds? Maybe thousands? I'm not talking about just on this forum, but others. Yet the judges won't pay attention and I know for a fact that they get on not only here, but others. What I see is that the majority and concensus of the bodybuilding world are just sick and tired of seeing big, bloated, unsymmetrical, lack of work ethic, unconditioned (compared to yester year) "bodybuilders".

Not one post have I seen that anyone came on to defend todays pro's.......why? Because about 90% realize that they don't compare to the BBer's in this thread, Milos hasn't defended or any other current pro that either comes on here or posts on here or any other board for that matter..........it's pathetic that the judges, sponsors, current competitors can't defend what they ultimately screwed up......the industry"

Judges...are you freaking blind at the FACT that the fans and BBing historians are just sick of your crap and favoritism??

I think you're too much focus on the Jay/Victor result,which i will 100% agree with you,about today's BB everything in the world evolutes and thats no exception with BB.
Despite hes middle section Ronnie Coleman will always be one of the greatest BB of all times,he brought the Freaky size muscles to the Olympia stage and the fans love that.
Its true that some people don't have the genetics or commint some mistakes which reflects in phisic but we cant turn that as a general issue.
And i am not saying that Ronnie Coleman was not maybe also favored a couple of times and Kevin Levrone might have a word on that.

If you ask me which body of the all times BB would i like to have i will say maybe 1 or  2 if you ask me which body of todays BB would i like to have
its a huge extended list so its not about Bodybuilders.....
i think Bodybuilding is made of Bodybuilders and they more then anybody know this game rules and they are on the right track so i think all this old/new Bodybuilders talk is nonsense.if you want to talk about politics thats another thing.

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2007, 04:12:57 PM »

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2007, 04:13:46 PM »

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2007, 04:21:58 PM »
we got a little muscle worshipper here.... ???

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2007, 06:28:02 PM »
What you all are witnessing with Men's Bodybuilding is the same thing that happened with Female Bodybuilding.

The judging killed it.

The competitors were only responding to what the judges were rewarding.  I remember seeing Lenda Murray, Cory Everson, and Rachel McLish on Television.  I found Lenda Murray to be particularly inspiring physique wise.

Now when I see the Ms. Olympia's I want to vomit and hide in a corner.

We saw it even with fitness.  They started off BEAUTIFUL...and now they are like a smaller version of women's bodybuilding.  They sent out letters telling them to tone it down, but at some contests over muscularity was rewarded and at others it was frowned on.

They seem to get it right (most of the time) at the National Amatuer contests but you may as well give it up and go home at the Pro Level if your physique is not a mess.

When you look at pics of Jay versus Haney...you think WTF?

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2007, 06:59:15 PM »
Can someone please post a pic of the O when Shawn Ray was beat by a One Armed Yates :o....for me thats when I completely lost faith in the Judges :-\.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2007, 07:06:25 PM »
Can someone please post a pic of the O when Shawn Ray was beat by a One Armed Yates :o....for me thats when I completely lost faith in the Judges :-\.

1994 was a very close contest ........................ ............for second & third ............Shawn Ray was never close to Yates .

The Coach

« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2007, 07:54:21 PM »

1994 was a very close contest ........................ ............for second & third ............Shawn Ray was never close to Yates .

Shawn blew away Yates, again, don't look at the size but pay attention to the whole picture.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2007, 09:38:30 PM »
Shawn blew away Yates, again, don't look at the size but pay attention to the whole picture.

i am but i can't see sean.

maybe he got himself lost in someone's shadow again. ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2007, 09:54:55 PM »
there's just too much blowing in probodybuilding

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2007, 02:37:51 AM »
I'm still baffled to this day how Shawn Ray did not win '94 Olympia ... :-\ ...He was THE best man on that stage THAT day .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2007, 05:02:19 AM »

No lets not look at size in a bodybuilding contest  ::) everything considered Yates was the clear winner in 1994 to quote Shawn " tonight I feel I got the place I deserved " do you know Shawn was very lucky to place second? in fact after the prejudging he was trailing Kevin Levrone in points and only ' beat ' him in the posing round !

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2007, 05:22:29 AM »
I'm still baffled to this day how Shawn Ray did not win '94 Olympia ... :-\ ...He was THE best man on that stage THAT day .

Agreed 8)

No lets not look at size in a bodybuilding contest  ::) everything considered Yates was the clear winner in 1994 to quote Shawn " tonight I feel I got the place I deserved " do you know Shawn was very lucky to place second? in fact after the prejudging he was trailing Kevin Levrone in points and only ' beat ' him in the posing round !

I did not know that :o, but surely you can't say that Yates was better On that Day than Ray...or Levrone for that matter, hell he could have been as low as 5th or so :o. Just two cents, but it is one of those topics that will go on forever I guess 8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2007, 05:29:32 AM »
Agreed 8)

I did not know that :o, but surely you can't say that Yates was better On that Day than Ray...or Levrone for that matter, hell he could have been as low as 5th or so :o. Just two cents, but it is one of those topics that will go on forever I guess 8)

No according to the scoresheets Ray was trailing Levrone he was no where near Yates ! he was very lucky to beat Kevin which the crowd upon hearing this strongly disapproved.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2007, 08:08:14 AM »
true, but sadly no one cares about bbing...unless it related to steroids.
the Mitchell Report is being released to the public after the world series but given to players association before so lawyers for players have time to respond.  we can expect leaks soon.