Author Topic: Palin vs. Powell  (Read 1793 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: Palin vs. Powell
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 12:27:55 PM »
I see it coming from both sides but the Ayers thing is a real connection (as opposed to a fake pregnancy or some of the other downright lies).  We must decide if the Ayers connection is significant enough to be a problem.  But at this point, it has been out there for weeks and McCain's camp needs to move on....on that I agree.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 12:36:20 PM »
I see it coming from both sides but the Ayers thing is a real connection (as opposed to a fake pregnancy or some of the other downright lies).  We must decide if the Ayers connection is significant enough to be a problem.  But at this point, it has been out there for weeks and McCain's camp needs to move on....on that I agree.
Nobody in Obama`s campaign went after Palin`s family.  He declared it off limits from day one.  Please update your statements to reflect that.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 12:57:11 PM »
It was nice to see Obama say that family is off limits (especially when they are not campaigning).
It may not have been anyone in Obama's close camp but certainly was the left wing of the media...and it flooded the airways for 2 weeks straight.  Although I think our own 240 was the biggest offender!  I like ya man but you killed us with Palin insults for 2 weeks!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »

I guess that's where we differ.

I, like many others including Colin Powell, don't see any "connection" or anything other that what has been explained repeatedly.  We all know the story, they sat on a few boards together and Ayers apparently hosted a coffee in his house (but not as as been reported "launched" Obamas career).

Ayers has been involved in Chicago politics for 20 + years.   There is no grand conspiracy.

McCain can't make up his mind.  In interviews and debates he says he doesn't care about an old washed up terrorist but then he and Palin keep bringing him up.  WTF??

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 01:42:57 PM »
I guess that's where we differ.

I, like many others including Colin Powell, don't see any "connection" or anything other that what has been explained repeatedly.  We all know the story, they sat on a few boards together and Ayers apparently hosted a coffee in his house (but not as as been reported "launched" Obamas career).

Ayers has been involved in Chicago politics for 20 + years.   There is no grand conspiracy.

McCain can't make up his mind.  In interviews and debates he says he doesn't care about an old washed up terrorist but then he and Palin keep bringing him up.  WTF??

Its obvious that there is nothing left to explore.  Obama has been fully open about it.  I think it is hilarious that Mccain and his ilk keep saying, we need to know more.  All the money and the resources that Republicans have spent surely would have dug something up by now. Yet nothing.  Obama has been fully open and stated that there is nothing to find.  Its really hilarious.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 07:52:55 PM »
Its obvious that there is nothing left to explore.  Obama has been fully open about it.  I think it is hilarious that Mccain and his ilk keep saying, we need to know more.  All the money and the resources that Republicans have spent surely would have dug something up by now. Yet nothing.  Obama has been fully open and stated that there is nothing to find.  Its really hilarious.

McCain got plenty of ammunition but he can't use most of it because the racist screams will come before he even open his mouth.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 07:59:30 PM »
Funny thing, I was around a few thousand trrops today...nobody mentioned Powell. Nobody cares except the media.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 08:05:52 PM »
Funny thing, I was around a few thousand trrops today...nobody mentioned Powell. Nobody cares except the media.

you'd be a fool to believe that there are not a many people who greatly value Powells opinion...and many of those might be current and soon to be former Republicans just like him.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 08:07:12 PM »
I'm sure...but I'm sorry, this is a media hyped endorsement. I'm sure it will change very few votes.
L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 04:02:23 AM »
I'm sure...but I'm sorry, this is a media hyped endorsement. I'm sure it will change very few votes.

It won't change any for McCain.  And he's the one needing them seeing that he is L-O-S-I-N-G.