Author Topic: Sarah Palin Claims DINOSAURS and Humans Coexisted 6000 years ago. SCARY.  (Read 33072 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Sarah Palin Claims DINOSAURS and Humans Coexisted 6000 years ago. SCARY.
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2008, 06:10:48 PM »
that's one theory.  another is that the universe expands forever until the average density is zero, then somewhere in this nothingness, another rapid inflation causes another big bang.  

Or the Multi-verse

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2008, 06:11:19 PM »
that's one theory.  another is that the universe expands forever until the average density is zero, then somewhere in this nothingness, another rapid inflation causes another big bang.  

That's true, but either way, matter always existed.

Also, there's no such thing as "nothingness."
☠ Order of Nephilim

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2008, 06:15:03 PM »

im not claiming either or side, but as Richard Dawkins says he cannot be 100% sure there is no base for religion, i cant say im sure of it either.
That is kind of a misleading statement, he said that on a scale of 1 to 7, he said he is a 6 meaning that a 7 is completely sure 100% that God doesn't exist.

But a 6 meant something lke he is about as sure that God doesn't exist as there isn't a "Massisive purple spagetti monster" as well, (or something like that)

Meaning, he is pretty damn sure that God doesn't exist.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2008, 06:15:57 PM »
Humans all want the "final answer".

Why cant you just stick with the notion we CANT answer everything? Perhaps there are some things outside our realm of comprehension.

We are just objects of evolution anyway.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2008, 06:17:23 PM »
That is kind of a misleading statement, he said that on a scale of 1 to 7, he said he is a 6 meaning that a 7 is completely sure 100% that God doesn't exist.

But a 6 meant something lke he is about as sure that God doesn't exist as there isn't a "Massisive purple spagetti monster" as well, (or something like that)

Meaning, he is pretty damn sure that God doesn't exist.

that is what i was trying to say. But, you should realize that dawkins is NOT undermining the last 1% as a possibility there is another answer. 1% is a lot in science  :D

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2008, 06:17:45 PM »
poly,

It was not my intention to seem 'biased' in my comment. Im not saying one way or the other, i have taken a few metaphysics classes and havent necessarily isolated my study to one specific area, i am the most open minded person I know. Philosophy has came a long way from Plato. Its just that here "born in America" we are taught baptist, catholic, protestant, etc etc. You know the typical American "Bible in one hand, gun in the other" approach to religion. Little kids in the middle east being taught to KILL what people dont agree with there interpretation of religion is wrong, but they are taught that stuff just as kids here are taught about Noah's ark and Moses.

With religion the world is chaos (look at middle east)
without it, and the basic "commandment" morals, it would be chaos.

Morality is not dependant upon religion at all; your understanding is pathetic.

Morality is simply the name for a set of restrictions, enforced and accepted for the sake of societies collective benefit.
It exist out of mutual necessity.

Sometimes, the reasons behind these restrictions are not readily evident without digging deep and working to understand. There should be reasons that can be argued logically for each restriction imposed upon us. There is no room for dogma or superstition with this philosophy. There is no room for self-flagellating fools. All that remains is real.

So ask yourself everytime, "is this rule of benefit to society?"

Even amongst the most primitive societies, it is usually unlawful to steal or commit murder. If it were socially acceptable to do so, these societies would collapse and descend into chaos. There would never be advancement, only intellectual stagnation, feuds, and famine. That is why morality exist. It is not dependant upon any particular religion. It is based on logical order for the sake of the collective. When we learn to frame our morality from a PURELY logical standpoint, and stamp out the remnants of the old morality, we will be free.

Morality is constantly evolving, pushing forward on the road towards perfection (God).
☠ Order of Nephilim

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2008, 06:18:22 PM »
The answer to your question does not require a creator or other supernatural agent. We can test that we live in a world that at very small scales, matter/energy comes and goes all the time, apparently at random. So long as the net effect is zero, laws of conservation of matter and energy are not broken. Now suppose that the whole universe that we live in is inside of one of these miriads of random fluctuations ( one that we experience as "very big" ). We could then anticipate that this universe will cancel out leaving no trace anywhere. All the stories in it could happen without a creator, and without breaking any natural law. Which sounds like a good reason to enjoy the present moment.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2008, 06:19:18 PM »
Boonstack, this isn't an attack against you, in any way.

I remember you said something about you parents owning some property in the Gulf of Mexico, which leads me to believe you have spent some time in Texas.

Bro, I was born and raised in Fort Worth, I have seen all the bullshit these churchs have put out. I have been in a prayer group (although I didn't exactly know what the fuck was going on) when I was 9 or 10 where 100's of people prayed for God to cure people of being Homosexual, its insane, how ignorant some of these people really are.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2008, 06:20:23 PM »
The answer to your question does not require a creator or other supernatural agent. We can test that we live in a world that at very small scales, matter/energy comes and goes all the time, apparently at random. So long as the net effect is zero, laws of conservation of matter and energy are not broken. Now suppose that the whole universe that we live in is inside of one of these miriads of random fluctuations ( one that we experience as "very big" ). We could then anticipate that this universe will cancel out leaving no trace anywhere. All the stories in it could happen without a creator, and without breaking any natural law. Which sounds like a good reason to enjoy the present moment.

You're an idiot.

:D

☠ Order of Nephilim

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2008, 06:21:48 PM »
You're an idiot.

:D

And your face is extremely unappealing to look at  :D

id like to see your parents

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »

That's why we invented religions...  unwillingness to accept that there are some things we don't yet understand.  "Gods" have always been mental catch-alls for the gaps in our understanding.

This is probably pretty accurate.  We can all have our personal belief in something bigger, or choose not to.

Me and Coach got into a debate a few months back... he says that some documents were found which "proved" God, and I was just baffled.  How could anything made by man prove something beyond man?

IMO, for any person to say he truly KNOWS anything about what's beyond us, is silly.  You can believe we're just evolved animals who become worm food, or you can believe we have souls and are part of some higher power witha higher plan.  Personally, I believe we're all part of some bigger energy that we couldn't understand.

Anyway, we all just "believe" something.  None of us KNOWS anything.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2008, 06:23:39 PM »
And your face is extremely unappealing to look at  :D

id like to see your parents

I didn't say my face was appealing.

The fact that you pointed that out means you think it is appealing on some level.

☠ Order of Nephilim

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2008, 06:24:06 PM »
Boonstack, this isn't an attack against you, in any way.

I remember you said something about you parents owning some property in the Gulf of Mexico, which leads me to believe you have spent some time in Texas.

Bro, I was born and raised in Fort Worth, I have seen all the bullshit these churchs have put out. I have been in a prayer group (although I didn't exactly know what the fuck was going on) when I was 9 or 10 where 100's of people prayed for God to cure people of being Homosexual, its insane, how ignorant some of these people really are.

Pretty much same scenario here. But, you have to look at the generational difference. Im 21, was brought up with a whole different environment than the time our parents were. These people that go to church aren't "bad people", (which i think u agree) they are genuinely and sincerely "good people" that mean well. But, when you are a child you dont question things, you just accept them bc mom and dad say go to church, so you do. as u get older, then u realize how narrow minded the people are.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »
 She's right. Noah refused to let the dinosaurs on the Ark as the insurance premiums were crazy.
O

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2008, 06:24:44 PM »

The fact that you pointed that out means you think it is appealing on some level.

really? so the fact i say "this drink tastes like shit" meant i thought it tasted good on some level?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2008, 06:25:55 PM »
She's right. Noah refused to let the dinosaurs on the Ark as the insurance premiums were crazy.

;)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »
This is probably pretty accurate.  We can all have our personal belief in something bigger, or choose not to.

Me and Coach got into a debate a few months back... he says that some documents were found which "proved" God, and I was just baffled.  How could anything made by man prove something beyond man?

IMO, for any person to say he truly KNOWS anything about what's beyond us, is silly.  You can believe we're just evolved animals who become worm food, or you can believe we have souls and are part of some higher power witha higher plan.  Personally, I believe we're all part of some bigger energy that we couldn't understand.

Anyway, we all just "believe" something.  None of us KNOWS anything.

Yeah, why are we the only one out of hundreds of thousands of species, that are so much different than all the others... at least from an intelligence level?

It does make you think.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2008, 06:26:50 PM »

You're hot

O

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2008, 06:28:50 PM »
Yeah, why are we the only one out of hundreds of thousands of species, that are so much different than all the others... at least from an intelligence level?

It does make you think.

We're definitely advanced.

Then again, if you look at the NASA shuttle camera footage that shows some foreign flying object following the shuttle then sharply changing direction at 1000+ mph... (which no man-made machine can do and would kill anything made of what we're made of...)

Well, I believe if there's something else out there, it's probably more advanced that us.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2008, 06:29:54 PM »

It does make you think.

its all about a comfort level. If spirituality HELPS you be happy, then by all means go for it. People always say "how could Earth just have by CHANCE happened to have all ratios/factors to support life" just the way it is.

Well, maybe this universe A (ours) DID just happen to have all the "right stuff".

whereas univ B C or D may have not had the right levels of oxygen, dna, whatever u know?

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
☠ Order of Nephilim

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2008, 06:39:32 PM »

That would be fine if it stopped there.  Unfortunately, religious people feel the need to share their nonsensical comfort crutch with others, some by merely annoying those around them, but others by running for office, writing opressive laws, starting wars, or ramming airplanes into buildings.
Actually its the oppisite, the one who don't believe in a creator feel the need to disprove their beliefs. I mean the thread was started by someone making fun of what someone believes, I happen to believe the dinosaurs and man existed together too, but I ain't making fun of people who believe in the big bang and I'm certainly not calling them idiots.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2008, 06:42:07 PM »
I happen to believe the dinosaurs and man existed together
☠ Order of Nephilim

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2008, 06:43:16 PM »
The LA Times reports:

Soon after Sarah Palin was elected mayor of the foothill town of Wasilla, Alaska, she startled a local music teacher by insisting in casual conversation that men and dinosaurs coexisted on an Earth created 6,000 years ago -- about 65 million years after scientists say most dinosaurs became extinct -- the teacher said.

After conducting a college band and watching Palin deliver a commencement address to a small group of home-schooled students in June 1997, Wasilla resident Philip Munger said, he asked the young mayor about her religious beliefs.

Palin told him that "dinosaurs and humans walked the Earth at the same time," Munger said. When he asked her about prehistoric fossils and tracks dating back millions of years, Palin said "she had seen pictures of human footprints inside the tracks," recalled Munger, who teaches music at the University of Alaska in Anchorage and has regularly criticized Palin in recent years on his liberal political blog, called Progressive Alaska.

The idea of a "young Earth" -- that God created the Earth about 6,000 years ago, and dinosaurs and humans coexisted early on -- is a popular strain of creationism.

Though in her race for governor she called for faith-based "intelligent design" to be taught along with evolution in Alaska's schools, Gov. Palin has not sought to require it, state educators say.
:D doesnt your man OBAMA attend church also ? so either he beleives the same shit or he is a hypacrit ! Oh and  I forgot OBAMA attended the kind of church that also preaches RACE HATE ! he just noticed this after 20 years ! LOL !

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2008, 06:45:29 PM »
, I happen to believe the dinosaurs and man existed together too,

You have got to be kidding me...