Author Topic: dating advice from a popular personality on a bodybuilding forum  (Read 10032 times)

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
Re: dating advice from a popular personality on a bodybuilding forum
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2010, 02:10:14 PM »
If we're talking just about hooking up, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Wingman Factor.

Here's the truth: most of your buddies are fucking HORRIBLE wingmen.  Just make sure you realize this before they cost you your next piece.  

What do I mean?  You gotta choose carefully who you're going to prowl with; just like the Hottie whose fat n' ugly Nottie is a foil, your choice of wingman must be careful.  If you're wondering why your 'friends' aren't helping you get laid, then you gotta get new friends.  Or at least just don't try to pick up with them in tow.  

I've got some best buds who are fucking nightmares when picking up.  You don't wanna be with these guys.  At best, they'll ensure you go home alone and at worst, they'll make you look like a fucking idiot.  It's true.  

The good news is that guys, unlike girls, can BOTH pick up, and one of you doesn't necessarily have to take one for the team!  

Honour is what I'm talking about.  If your bud is making a move, do the right thing and help him out.  If this means shutting the fuck up, then that's what you do.  Someone here made a post about 'mimicking' succesful pickup artists...this is one thing I've noticed about buddies of mine who pick up constantly.  Mind you, they're better looking than average but still, when they're working on some pussy, they back each other up and most times, one if not all will get laid.  

I'm not going to go into detail about what to do, just make sure you ditch a buddy at the first signs of:

1) Using YOU as material to make the target chicks laugh.  It's a douchebag move.  Not only does it undermine your buddy, but if you're not witty and smart enough to make a girl laugh because you're actually FUNNY, then shut the fuck up.  Time and time again I see this happen.  If it happens to you, just make note...and don't make the mistake of bringing him along next time.

2) Whining.  Girls are fucking repulsed by whiners.  

3) Hitting on your target.  This is a mixed bag; if your friends is making a better impression on her than you, well...you've only got yourself to blame.  Now you're the wingman.  Help a brother out; if it becomes a trend though, then bring it up with him.  Leave him at home next time.  And work on your game.

4)  Getting you to do all the work, ie, breaking the ice.  Good looking guys tend to do this more often that not; the Alphas, so to speak.  Don't cater to a fucking Alpha; you're a team and ya gotta back each other's plays.  If you're constantly the guy talking and making the effort, you'll appear weak to women that matter.  And then you get to pound the Palmer Twins later.  

Ok, so there is ONE rule that almost trumps all others:  Do NOT sell your wingman out!  If you make fun of your own friends trying to get a piece of ass, you're garbage.  Women will wonder why you're hanging out with losers, make the appropriate connection, and now NOBODY is getting laid.  So...don't talk shit behind your buddies back.  Ever.  It's the mark of a fucking loser...and it doesn't work.

That is all.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2010, 02:19:42 PM »
Best wingmen of all are women. You have a woman friend, it makes other women comfortable around you and wonder about you. Plus, all women want or are curious about what other women have. Jealousy is bred  into them.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2010, 02:23:49 PM »
This is true to a point, but not always true.  It's tough to approach women with one already in tow, I find.  Now, it's helpful if she KNOWS some of these girls you're interested in.  Then the jealousy thing works out well; their guard is down, and half your work is done for you.

But as far as going into a club with a chick and expecting the other ladies to openly approach you, I haven't had much luck with that.  It's always awkward having to explain who she is, and at worst it keeps away the girls who think she's your girlfriend.  Or else she diverts off with some other dude...usually a good thing, I'd rather work alone than with a woman in picking up.  I'm just going by my results, however...it could be different for you.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2010, 02:27:23 PM »
Even good girls like bad boys (J.James ,S Bullock................)

The biggest problem is that most nice guys are  insecure , You don't have to be an ego-inflated, arrogant jerk. You just have to like yourself. You have to know what you want out of life and be confident.
Self-confident, caring, decent-hearted women find "nice guys" to be too clingy, self-abasing, and insecure.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »
Even good girls like bad boys (J.James ,S Bullock................)

The biggest problem is that most nice guys are  insecure , You don't have to be an ego-inflated, arrogant jerk. You just have to like yourself. You have to know what you want out of life and be confident.
Self-confident, caring, decent-hearted women find "nice guys" to be too clingy, self-abasing, and insecure.

Quite true, you speakth the truth

and Bic, you are correct as well.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2010, 03:21:24 PM »
Parker speaks the truth....go out to a club with a good looking woman and meeting other women is like shooting fish in a barrel. And more often than not you will meet a freak whos into threesomes and shit.

I use to go to clubs with this knockout stripper and we would always get chicks to come home with us. nothing better than two girls sucking your cock at the same time

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2010, 03:54:02 PM »
I don't know about that "just be yourself" advice. What if you have no personality or you're a douche? I remember when my nephew was around 15 he asked for some advice. He said his mom (my sister) told him to just "be himself." I told him I thought that was a big mistake. My nephew at the time pretty much had a personality of a cold toilet seat. Just nothing going on. I wasn't so cold as to tell him that but I did tell him that since "being himself" wasn't exactly working out he should try to be somebody else. Just like anything in life, watch and observe those that are successful and try to emulate them. I also told him he should start lifting weights because it's always a plus to be strong in this world. It wouldn't hurt if he learned how to fight either, especially at his age. Also, I told him if you want advice about women never, ever ask a woman. I didn't learn that until I was in my mid to late 20s.  

A personality is an evolving and dynamic trait. As you become more successful you gain more confidence and self-esteem. When you force yourself to speak up even though your natural inclination is to be meek and quiet you transform yourself. When you get more involved in things and  put yourself out there you grow and evolved.

Of course his mom was horrified and tore me a new one for telling him to "be someone else." But, WTH, I'm just trying to save lives and make this world a better place. But things worked out for him really good as he got through high school (just graduated) and became quite the Alpha. Became very serious and disciplined in the gym and started training and competing in Jiu-Jitsu. His father's mom and BJ Penn's mom are cousins so my nephew would spend the summers in Hilo to train at Penn's gym. He's going to college in Hilo (because their schools are sooo great -- lol) and will be able to train year round at his school.

Though he has ambitions to be a pro MMA fighter I'm proud to say he's not an MMA douche. I recently read on his facebook where he wrote, "I want to thank TapOut clothing for helping me spot the douche bags immediately." I beamed with pride when I read that.

excellent post

too many guys with personality issues are told to "be yourself", instead they need to improve the weaknesses that lead them to failure

E
E

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2010, 08:09:11 PM »
What happened to "Mirko"?

i haven't used "Mirko" since early May of 2009