Author Topic: Question for God believers  (Read 32723 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Question for God believers
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2013, 09:47:34 PM »
How many times do you think Cain and Abel f*cked Eve? Adam was a cuckold?
Obviously Eve favored Abel enough to warrant Cain killing the guy?  Is it possible the very first homicide was over some pussy?
V

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »

"In the whole of human history, there was never been a single case when the supernatural explanation turned out to be the right one.
 Betting on science,when it conflicts with religious belief,is a pretty sure bet."
Gracie Rules

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »
 :o
V

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
Religion is basically the same as sports.  Everyone has their favourite team, and they believe that their team is the best one.  Each team has a bunch of fans who are loud and angry and are not good people.  Similarly, every team has good, honest people, who want to enjoy the game and get along with the other fans. 

At the end of the day, as long as you enjoy going to the game, and it makes you a happy person who enjoys their life, then it doesn't really matter what others think.  Some people need to support their team, or have other fans around them, to make them feel more secure in life.  Others need the teams idealogy to follow, to keep them on the right path.  It's all the same.

The hard part comes when you die, and you realise that it wasn't real.  But by then you're dead, so it's doesn't make one bit of difference to you, because believing throughout your whole life has brought you happiness or peace.  And the people who didn't believe won't know either, not until they're also dead.  And everyone can continue arguing in the big black void of nothingness.

And that's that.

And that's that.  Smug as a douchebag in a rug.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2013, 10:06:06 PM »
Darren, I'm online now waiting for your answer

yakemsky

« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2013, 10:07:54 PM »
lol where did the term "flying spaghetti monster" come from? That literally made me lol even though I dont get it

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2013, 10:09:10 PM »
lol where did the term "flying spaghetti monster" come from? That literally made me lol even though I dont get it

Bobby Henderson in 2005

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2013, 10:11:57 PM »
the real question is not why do ppl die but why do all you ppl live?

sinners all of you

steroid junkie like you "don't" sin  ::)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2013, 10:14:02 PM »
Where did God himself come from, who made him, did he make himself?How? What are Gods origins? And none of this Gods always been there and always will be there shit, he had to start somewhere.

Mount OLYMPUS  :D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »
There is no evidence that will satisfy you.  
That's the whole point, there is no evidence.  You make it sound as if there is some.  I would be happy with a tiny skerrick of evidence, an infinitesimally minute slither of evidence.  Even a microscopic portion of evidence will do.  But their is currently ZERO evidence for the existence of GOD?
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »
The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pastafarianism.  I myself am a devout Pastafarianism and don't appreciate you mocking my GOD.  >:(
V

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2013, 10:29:06 PM »
That's the whole point, there is no evidence.  You make it sound as if there is some.  I would be happy with a tiny skerrick of evidence, an infinitesimally minute slither of evidence.  Even a microscopic portion of evidence will do.  But their is currently ZERO evidence for the existence of GOD?

I didn't say no evidence; I said no evidence that would satisfy you.  And you just confirmed that I was right.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2013, 10:43:12 PM »
E-kul, not to be a dick, but it's Hawking, bro. Not Hawkins.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2013, 10:56:06 PM »
The ironic thing in this statement is that you are so willingly BLIND that you refuse to see what you are saying.  I'll break it down for you:

Christian View:  God has always existed
Atheist View:  Universe has always existed

Both are religious.  YET, you seem to claim that your view is science and the Christian view is religious.  They are both religious.  If you believe we all came from a big bang which came from nothing, there is not a single method to prove it.  It's RELIGIOUS.

Another fallacy in your argument that you like to use is that "scientists say that"....as if all scientist are atheists.  WRONG.  Not only wrong, but what you are really trying to do is paint the picture that your theory is what all smart people believe and the Bible is what all ignorant people believe.  

Looking at this universe and saying there is no Designer / Creator is like looking at a car and saying it just got here from a massive explosion that came from nothing.  Very foolish.
WoW! This whole thread I have never said Atheists believe the Universe has always existed, I don't think I mentioned the atheists point of view on the origins of the Universe.  Atheism is the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.  Atheists don't necessarily have an opinion on the big bang theory.

I have put forward Stephen Hawkings view that God couldn't have been responsible for the Big Bang, as there was no time before the big bang for a GOD to have existed in. One is religious, the other absolutely not.  Religion being The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

Hawking's theories are 100% based on science and have nothing to do with religion (how you came to that conclusion is staggering); Hawkins origin of the universe theory is based on sound scientific principles (unlike yours).   His theory stems from his research on black holes, and how they affect time.  The closer one gets to a black hole, the slower time moves.  Essentially time comes to a stand still inside a black hole.  Within a blackhole, time doesn't exist (this is a fixed law of nature).  A state similar to the moment right before the big bang. Similarly, if you could go back in time the Universe would shrink until the all the mass became so infinitesimally small that it's properties resemble that of a black hole.  What science calls the singularity, is essentially an infinitesimally small and infinitely dense blackhole (a state of no time - again based on a fixed law of nature)

"You can't get to a time before the big bang, because there was no before the big bang.  Science has finally found something that doesn't have a cause, because there was no time for the cause to exist in."  

Hawkins has undeniably used science to come up with a working hypothesis, absolute proof isn't necessary.  For decades the scientific theory of flight was incorrect, it was never proved, but that didn't stop humans creating machines that fly based on the working hypothesis put forward.  The problem is, you can't dispute Hawkins theory because you don't have the requisite knowledge needed, you don't even have the rudimentary knowledge needed to understand it.  Science requires a rigid validation process, they just don't make claims and then say they are true. If you claim time doesn't exist in a black hole, then you need to prove it, and to do such a thing requires a deep understanding of physics, maths and cosmology.  They aren't claims made lightly.  It is unlikely in a thousand lifetimes you  could develop the knowledge to debunk Hawkins theories.

And the majority of scientists don't believe in GOD, any assertion otherwise is simply wishful thinking and religious propaganda.  Their is also a strong correlation between atheism and high IQ's.
V

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2013, 11:09:32 PM »
I didn't say no evidence; I said no evidence that would satisfy you.  And you just confirmed that I was right.

The problem is that there is no relevant evidence - evidence that can be objectively verified. Typically the 'evidence' that theists most often present boil down to: "well, I don't know how this could have happened, but it has, therefore God" and "I am repeating what I said before in a slightly different way but I say nothing new. HA! What will you do now? GOD IS GREAT! EVERYONE ELSE'S FALSE GODS SUCK!"

If you believe you can provide evidence that God exists that can be objectively verified and stand up to rational scrutiny, then I'm very interested in debating the topic. Please start, if you will, by providing a fallacy-free, consistent and logical description for the term "God". We can proceed from there.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2013, 11:38:38 PM »
I didn't say no evidence; I said no evidence that would satisfy you.  And you just confirmed that I was right.
I know you didn't say there was no evidence for GOD.  That's what I said, because it is a fact.  There is zero evidence for GOD.  Therefore there isn't any evidence to present to secure your argument.  If there was evidence, you would be able to offer it up, but there is none.

Imagine you told me there was a law of gravity, and because of this law every time you dropped a rock it would fall to the earth.  Imagine I told you that was rubbish, I believed the rock would float upward.  To prove your point you repeatedly drop the rock and it always fell to the earth.  Imagine I still held on to my belief and told you that no amount of evidence would convince you otherwise that I was right in believing the rock would float and just because you have evidence otherwise doesn't mean that gravity exists.  There is zero evidence that would indicate that a dropped rock would defy gravity, and there is zero evidence that god exists.

V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2013, 11:43:40 PM »
E-kul, not to be a dick, but it's Hawking, bro. Not Hawkins.
lol Sorry, I am tired, I get hypnotically typing and who knows what can come out.  If only they could clone Dawkins and Hawking to make a Hawkins.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2013, 11:51:32 PM »
Too use a famous quote, "Ignorance is bliss."  

Enjoy trying to explain away God in your little mind.  You seem desperate to prove it to yourself.  
To use a famous quote, "scientia potentia est" :o

The burden of proof is on you my friend, your the one making making scientifically unfalsifiable claims.   If I claim that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, it is nonsensical for me to expect others to believe me on the grounds that they cannot prove me wrong

I don't need to explain away god no more than I need to explain away the flying spaghetti monster.  There is simply NO EVIDENCE for a god.  Because I am an atheist, I find myself in the fortunate position of not having to explain away the multitude of gods that humans claim to exist, unlike you who has to explain why you have chosen to believe that one god exists while having to 'explain away' countless others.

Good luck explaining away Zeus, Helios, Odin, the flying spaghetti monster and the thousands of other gods you claim do not exist.

V

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2013, 12:29:26 AM »
E-Kul, how about Abos "god" Vangina  ;D
(or is vagina)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2013, 12:35:57 AM »
E-Kul, how about Abos "god" Vangina  ;D
(or is vagina)
I couldn't find an aboriginal god name vangina, but when I googled it I clicked on the link to the urban dictionary and here is the defintion of vangina:
The huge mini van that is always driving really slowly infront of you when you're in a hurry. Often has semi-political/religious bumper stickers plastered to its peeling paint.

2. vangina
n. A vagina that is so ungodly huge that you could fit a van into it.

LOL
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2013, 12:45:27 AM »
I found evidence for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster.

End of Thread!
V

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2013, 02:15:23 AM »
Darren, I'm online now waiting for your answer

What was your question?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2013, 03:52:23 AM »
basically science is a more refined form of religion

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2013, 04:33:38 AM »
the clever thing about religion is it requires you too believe

that belief is not based on evidence but on wanting to believe

any debate based on different beliefs can go on for ever without ever coming to a conclusion
T

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2013, 05:26:37 AM »
YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID ERRRRRR

0 + 0 = 999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999999 999999999999999.......

LET ME TRANSLATE

0 + 0 = EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE

OR

NOTHING = EVERYTHING

OR

THE UNIVERSE WAS CREATED FROM NOTHING

YOU SEE YOU STUPID GOD BELIEVERS, THIS IS SCIENCE, LMAO  :D