Author Topic: Question for God believers  (Read 32726 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Question for God believers
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2013, 08:07:50 PM »

Keep telling yourself that. I would challenge your beliefs in person as I do on here. Granted, I am not an asshole as much as I used to be about it, and that applies to any religious person. But what makes you think I wouldnt question you as I question you on here? I have never said anything crass, except questioning your faith. I have never insulted you. So stop playing the bleeding christian. If you consider it insulting when someone questions your beliefs, then you do not have a thick skin. Its funny how sensitive religious people are lol. We questions their faith = insulting them. Gimme a break. Grow up. People have every right to question religion.

I would expect others would disagree in person, but it would be passive and more of a casual "let's just agree to disagree".   All the peppering of insults, memes, filth and vitriol to my face.....LOL, not in a million years.  :)

:)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »
Sherief looks bigger lately with reduced bodyfat.

8)

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2013, 08:19:28 PM »
Evidence please !  I could say the same thing about the flying spaghetti monster in the sky, who is watching you by the way.  Based on your logic and faith based conclusions, the existence of a flying spaghetti monster is an equally valid proposition as the existence of God.

The burden of proof lies upon those who make unfalsifiable claims, not on those who reject them.

There is no evidence that will satisfy you.  For many, the existence of the universe is sufficient proof for the existence of G-d.   But you don't agree with that.  It is really a way of looking at reality.  Did everything, including humanity, get generated out of blind, unthinking natural processes?  Or is the universe and humanity all the fulfillment of intention and will, the intention and will of G-d?  

Moreover, who says that reality is that which can be described only by falsifiable claims?  That seems to stretch Karl Popper's original notion that scientific theories be falsifiable (ie, testable) to absurdity.  For example, is it falsifiable that saving someone's life is good?  How can I prove to you that such an act is good and to be admired? There is something more fundamental and basic about the good of saving someone's life than the doctrine of falsifiability.  

Belief in G-d is like that.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2013, 08:24:30 PM »
:)

But thats the thing, I never insulted you. I asked you honest questions and you assume that is insulting you because you do not have a thick skin.
X

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2013, 08:28:57 PM »
Looking great Sherief

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2013, 08:31:41 PM »
n

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2013, 08:34:19 PM »
hes present everywhere.

22 sightings:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/people-who-found-jesus-in-their-food

This just proves how crazy religious people are. Jesus in a potato chip, in a cheeto, in a pancake. People can't be that stupid. Then again, yes they can be.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2013, 08:34:34 PM »

But thats the thing, I never insulted you. I asked you honest questions and you assume that is insulting you because you do not have a thick skin.

I never said I was referring only to you....I didn't call out anyone specifically.

For the last 3 years I've received a bunch of random hate....too much to even catalog.   A few years ago I probably could call out a few folks, but today it's all just a blur of hate.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2013, 08:36:27 PM »

This just proves how crazy religious people are. Jesus in a potato chip, in a cheeto, in a pancake. People can't be that stupid. Then again, yes they can be.
I have never believed in him.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2013, 08:37:48 PM »
I never said I was referring only to you....I didn't call out anyone specifically.

For the last 3 years I've received a bunch of random hate....too much to even catalog.   A few years ago I probably could call out a few folks, but today it's all just a blur of hate.

You didnt call out anyone specifically, huh? You wrote:

Getbig has helped me develop quite a thick skin and I'm now rather immune to the comments such as "blah, blah, blah", "flying spaghetti monster", "god botherer", "book of fairytales", etc.....and these are the nicer comments.

And I said, "Blah, blah, blah" in a few posts up. So, yes, indirectly you did call me out, even if not specifically.
And yes, everything I have said to you on here, I would say to you in person (even the blah, blah, blah). Because lets be honest, if that offends you, then you have no backbone.  :-\ :-\
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2013, 08:38:19 PM »
I have never believed in him.

Do you believe in Johnny Falcon?
X

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2013, 08:42:23 PM »
:D

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2013, 09:02:06 PM »
Religion is basically the same as sports.  Everyone has their favourite team, and they believe that their team is the best one.  Each team has a bunch of fans who are loud and angry and are not good people.  Similarly, every team has good, honest people, who want to enjoy the game and get along with the other fans. 

At the end of the day, as long as you enjoy going to the game, and it makes you a happy person who enjoys their life, then it doesn't really matter what others think.  Some people need to support their team, or have other fans around them, to make them feel more secure in life.  Others need the teams idealogy to follow, to keep them on the right path.  It's all the same.

The hard part comes when you die, and you realise that it wasn't real.  But by then you're dead, so it's doesn't make one bit of difference to you, because believing throughout your whole life has brought you happiness or peace.  And the people who didn't believe won't know either, not until they're also dead.  And everyone can continue arguing in the big black void of nothingness.

And that's that.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
The hard part comes when you die, and you realise that it wasn't real.  But by then you're dead, so it's doesn't make one bit of difference to you, because believing throughout your whole life has brought you happiness or peace.  And the people who didn't believe won't know either, not until they're also dead.  And everyone can continue arguing in the big black void of nothingness.

And that's that.

^

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2013, 09:05:27 PM »

‘Live a good life. If there are gods, and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.’

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2013, 09:09:27 PM »

Do you believe in Johnny Falcon?
I have met Johnny he used to have a great physique and is getting back in shape.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »
‘Live a good life. If there are gods, and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.’

Arce, would these just virtues include picking someone up at the airport?  :D :D
X

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2013, 09:13:20 PM »
 :D ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2013, 09:28:57 PM »
Please go take some courses in theology. They go through what you want to understand,  methodically and logically. I was agnostic in university and still am.....yet here I am understanding why there may be a higher power.
he's just mad that God "made" him 5'0...and he likes boxing
We short people often times get pissed that while normal people's arms are to short to box with God, our arms are even shorter...

So we take it out on God-believers.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2013, 09:34:13 PM »
There is no evidence that will satisfy you.  For many, the existence of the universe is sufficient proof for the existence of G-d.   But you don't agree with that.  It is really a way of looking at reality.  Did everything, including humanity, get generated out of blind, unthinking natural processes?  Or is the universe and humanity all the fulfillment of intention and will, the intention and will of G-d?  

Moreover, who says that reality is that which can be described only by falsifiable claims?  That seems to stretch Karl Popper's original notion that scientific theories be falsifiable (ie, testable) to absurdity.  For example, is it falsifiable that saving someone's life is good?  How can I prove to you that such an act is good and to be admired? There is something more fundamental and basic about the good of saving someone's life than the doctrine of falsifiability.  

Belief in G-d is like that.  

If you don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster then there is no evidence that will satisfy you.  See how absurd that sounds when I replace god with the flying spaghetti monster.  And the fact you think just because something exists that is tantamount to proof of anything shows how little you understand about the sciences and what is considered evidence.  Once again, I could use your ridiculous logic and claim the existence of the universe is sufficient proof for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster.  
I don't think I have ever heard a more absurd proposition:

a)The Universe exists B) This is proof god exists

it's absurd as suggesting the following

a) Chimneys exist B) This is proof Santa Claus exists

And you seem to have anthropomorphised God, given him human characteristics like intention, will and thought.  Why does there have to be a will or intention behind creation?

Also, I hope you aren't suggesting saving someones life is always a good deed.  And concepts like saving someones life are abstract constructs.  You really need to re-articulate such a question to make sense.  Do you mean preventing someone from potentially dying?  Essentially saving someones life could mean having to take someone else's life?  You are talking about ethical issues and not scientific ones. Saving someones life can be both good or bad depending on the context.  For example: If you tried to kill my friend, and I killed you to prevent that, although I may perceive what I did as a good thing, as I saved my friends life, your family and friends will have a different take on the matter.

So you can't prove if saving someones life is good or bad as it is based on subjective values and not objective ones. Unlike the laws of nature which are fixed and not affected by subjectivity, gravity doesn't stop working because you think it an immoral act.

Your posts makes very little sense to me, especially your comparison that believing in God is like your belief that saving someones life is good. Are you saying belief in God is a lot like like holding an opinion?
V

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2013, 09:36:41 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
 How many times do you think Cain and Abel f*cked Eve? Adam was a cuckold?
Gracie Rules

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »
:D

The logic is based on a faulty premise to begin with so everything after that is also illogical.  Atheism is the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.  Atheists don't necessarily have an opinion on the big bang theory.  And as for the suggestion that those who believe in the big bang believe that there was nothing is false.  They posit a long time ago there was a singularity of infinite density and infinitesimal volume that because of the laws of nature expanded into everything we know as the Universe today.  A singularity containing within it the entire matter of the universe can hardly be described as 'NOTHING'
V