Author Topic: Obama: Gruber was just some guy in the neighborhood - LMFAO @ you libs  (Read 1969 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama: Obamacare Architect Was Just ‘Some Adviser Who Never Worked on Our Staff’
By Barbara Boland | 3 hours ago

President Obama said yesterday that Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber, was just “some adviser who never worked on our staff.”

“Did you mislead Americans about the taxes, about keeping your plan, in order to get the bill passed?” asked Fox News White House correspondent Ed Henry at a press conference at the G-20 summit in Australia.

“No, I did not,” said Obama strongly. “I – I just heard about this; I get well briefed before I come out here. The fact that some advisor who never worked on our staff expressed an opinion that I completely disagree with, is no reflection on the actual process that was run.”

Obama then pointed to the “year-long debate” over Obamacare and said: “I would just advise every press outlet here; go back and pull up every clip, every story, and I think it’s fair to say that there was not a provision in the healthcare law that was not extensively debated and was fully transparent.”

Gruber referred to the “lack of transparency” as key to passing Obamacare at several academic conferences in 2012. He also made explicit reference to the “stupidity of the American voter” as “critical to getting this thing passed.”

Buried in hour-long videos on Youtube, his remarks were only recently discovered, creating a firestorm.

Although Obama claims that Gruber was merely “some advisor” who “never worked on our staff,” Gruber is actually an MIT economist who helped create the Obamacare law. The Obama administration had paid Mr. Gruber $380,000 in 2009, cited him several times in hearings and White House blogs, and even dedicated a webpage to his expert analysis. Visitor logs show Gruber meeting repeatedly with senior officials at the White House including one meeting with President Obama.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Obama: Gruber was just some guy in the neighborhood - LMFAO @ you libs
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:52:49 AM »
“I – I just heard about this; I get well briefed before I come out here. The fact that some advisor who never worked on our staff expressed an opinion that I completely disagree with, is no reflection on the actual process that was run.”

LMFAO!!!! 

This is what he thinks of you Obama voters - because he knows its true - you are FNG brain dead fools

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 01:17:04 PM »
This may be the biggest fuck you an administration has ever given to the American people.  I love how they are just continuing to lie about it even though there is a mountain of evidence that proves what they are saying isn't true.  Heads should be rolling over this.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »
He also claims, in the video below, to have just heard about this Gruber business from the newspapers.

Another claim he makes is that Obamacare was thoroughly "debated."

The fact that some advisor who never worked on our staff expressed an opinion that I completely disagree with in terms of the voters, is no reflection on the actual process that was run.
We had a year-long debate, Ed. I mean, go back and look at your stories.The one thing we can't say is that we did not have a lengthy debate about health care in the United States of America, or that it was not adequately covered.

First of all, it wasn't. The political and media classes themselves never explained how Obamacare would work -- they only presented Obama's predictions about how wonderful it would be. Not the details of how it would allegedly work -- who would pay for it, and who would actually benefit.

Second of all, as Jim Geraghty points out, you can't say we "debated" the plan when in fact the Plan was to hide the Plan from the "stupid" American voters, all along.

The entire "debate" was set up to occur over false premises. Gruber has admitted that the Administration offered not debate but calculated lies at every turn.

The Gruber/Obama philosophy is to lie to ensure that no one knows what is actually going to be enacted into law; thus the amount of time spent debating is moot. As he put it so bluntly, “Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically call it the stupidity of the American voter, or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical in getting the thing to pass.”

It is not exculpatory to insist you spent a whole year lying to us.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 01:26:07 PM »
As if shit isn't bad enough...please put down any sharp objects - from Ace of Spades.

Jon Gruber Made $6 Million From the American Taxpayer, Advising Government Officials On His Own Plan
—Ace

Obamacare might have cost you a lot of money, but it's been very good to Jon Gruber.

Byron York writes more about the "Obamacare Profiteers."

The $400,000 paid to him by the Obama Administration was only the beginning of the gravy train.

But after the bill became law, Gruber made a good deal more from it. The Affordable Care Act provided for states to set up exchanges to sell taxpayer-subsidized insurance coverage. For those states that chose to do so, exchanges would have to be built from the ground up. Studies would have to be done. Contracts would be let.
In 2010, the state of Wisconsin, under Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle, paid Gruber $400,000 to do a study of the impact of healthcare refom...

In the two years between March 2011 and March 2013, the state of Minnesota paid Gruber $329,000 to study how to make its exchange conform with Affordable Care Act requirements.

In 2012, the state of West Virginia signed a contract with Gruber to study its healthcare system. "The state will pay MIT professor Jonathan Gruber $121,500 to understand the states health insurance landscape and revisit key assumptions about state health care policy," the Charleston Daily Mail reported in September of that year. "Gruber is a policy rock star of sorts. He's advised more than a half dozen states on health care reform."

In November 2011, the state of Vermont hired a consulting firm that used Gruber to study the state exchange. Gruber was paid at least $91,875 for his work.

In 2012, the state of Michigan included Gruber in a multi-firm, $481,050 contract to study its exchange system. It's not clear how much of that went to Gruber himself
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 01:26:14 PM »
Hannity doing a big big piece, they followed gruber around.  encountered him twice.  gonna be on his show tonight.

Also, Hannity talked about amnesty for a bit with a guest.  Then he kept going back to Gruber.  The guest kept going back to obama's abuse and executive power.  Hannity kept going to Gruber.

Look, amnesty is happening in DAYS... hannity just kept sidestepping it, ugh.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 01:27:28 PM »
Gruber's ego is immense.  In every piece of video released so far its clear he's proud of himself.
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 01:28:17 PM »
.......he already did the border thing with Perry. This is the latest Obama fuck up and lie disaster.  
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 01:29:19 PM »
Gruber's ego is immense.  In every piece of video released so far its clear he's proud of himself.

The $400,000 paid to him by the Obama Administration was only the beginning of the gravy train.

I would be to if I buttfucked the entire taxpaying public to the tune of 6 mil....
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 01:30:52 PM »

I would be to if I buttfucked the entire taxpaying public to the tune of 6 mil....

haha, true.   
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
So this guy works at MIT..then what he moves to West Virginia for a couple of months...then to Vermont. What the fuck did these states get for their money. I bet he just changes names and dates on these reports, emails the shit and cashes the checks. 
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »
As if shit isn't bad enough...please put down any sharp objects - from Ace of Spades.

Jon Gruber Made $6 Million From the American Taxpayer, Advising Government Officials On His Own Plan
—Ace

Obamacare might have cost you a lot of money, but it's been very good to Jon Gruber.

Byron York writes more about the "Obamacare Profiteers."

But after the bill became law, Gruber made a good deal more from it. The Affordable Care Act provided for states to set up exchanges to sell taxpayer-subsidized insurance coverage. For those states that chose to do so, exchanges would have to be built from the ground up. Studies would have to be done. Contracts would be let.
In 2010, the state of Wisconsin, under Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle, paid Gruber $400,000 to do a study of the impact of healthcare refom...

In the two years between March 2011 and March 2013, the state of Minnesota paid Gruber $329,000 to study how to make its exchange conform with Affordable Care Act requirements.

In 2012, the state of West Virginia signed a contract with Gruber to study its healthcare system. "The state will pay MIT professor Jonathan Gruber $121,500 to understand the states health insurance landscape and revisit key assumptions about state health care policy," the Charleston Daily Mail reported in September of that year. "Gruber is a policy rock star of sorts. He's advised more than a half dozen states on health care reform."

In November 2011, the state of Vermont hired a consulting firm that used Gruber to study the state exchange. Gruber was paid at least $91,875 for his work.

In 2012, the state of Michigan included Gruber in a multi-firm, $481,050 contract to study its exchange system. It's not clear how much of that went to Gruber himself

Obscene. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 01:45:21 PM »
So this guy works at MIT..then what he moves to West Virginia for a couple of months...then to Vermont. What the fuck did these states get for their money. I bet he just changes names and dates on these reports, emails the shit and cashes the checks. 

I bet that's absolutely what he does.  Easy money.  Profiting off the "stupid" American citizens. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »
Obama doesn't know the guy.  Sure.  Just like that radical girl Bill Ayers, that Obama supposedly didn't know even though he launched his political career in Ayers living room.  Obama doesn't seem to know much does he.  I'm mystified that he still has supporters and people that make excuses for all of his lies and bad decisions.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 02:38:52 PM »
Just another commie in Ofaggets' hood

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 10:08:35 AM »
Skip to comments.
Steve Rattner: Jonathan Gruber was 'the man' on Obamacare
Politico ^  | November 18, 2014 | By KENDALL BREITMAN

Posted on ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2014‎ ‎11‎:‎19‎:‎34‎ ‎AM by Oldeconomybuyer

Jonathan Gruber was “the man” behind Obamacare, according to a former adviser to President Barack Obama.

“The problem is not that Gruber helped them put Obamacare together, because he was the man,” Steve Rattner, who worked as Obama’s lead adviser in 2009 for the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry, said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“The problem is what he said in the last two weeks and how the White House has handled it,” Rattner added.

Rattner said his influence was enormous.

“Jonathan Gruber was, back in the day in 2009, the guru on health care,” said Rattner, who was known as the “car czar” when he worked in the administration. “I remember that when I was in the White House, he was certainly viewed as an important figure in helping to put Obamacare together.”

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 10:14:59 AM »
There is also a there is a PBS video of Gruber saying he worked with Obama himself in the Oval office:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/14/president-crafted-obamacare-deception-with-gruber-at-white-house-meeting

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V